NY Jets Joe Klecko and Darrelle Revis to the NFL Hall of Fame

pointman

Klecko was before my time. Wish I had the chance to watch the sack exchange.

Based on how much Jets fan of that era love him, I’m thrilled he got in.

Happy for Revis as well. One of my favorite Jets ever. Revis Island was real. The year he locked down all those great receivers was amazing. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

I met Revis more than once and each time he was awesome. He was genuinely really happy to be back with us. He went from shutdown corner to shutdown buffet build, he knew he was going to be out of the league soon and needed to make his money when he was a hot commodity. I hated him doing it, and I hated him even more for leaving to the Pats but remember.. we didn't want him then. I love me some Revis.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, JetNation said:

Darrelle Revis

In what has been a banner night for the New York Jets and their fans, a pair of former Jets greats have earned induction in to the NFL Hall of Fame.

Cornerback Darrelle Revis and defensive lineman Joe Klecko have both been tabbed to enter the hall next season.

Darrelle Revis is a Pro Football Hall of Famer.

And the wait is over for Joe Klecko – he's also heading to Canton.

Big night for the #Jets – current and past.

— Dennis Waszak Jr. (@DWAZ73) February 10, 2023

Revis, a former first-round pick out of the University of Pittsburgh, was the league’s premier corner for much of his time with the Jets becomes a first-ballot Hall of Famer on the same night the Jets saw a pair of rookies each earn rookie of the year honors.

Meanwhile, it was a much longer wait for Klecko who was drafted in 1977 and earned four trips to the pro bowl and a defensive player of the year award.  His 77 sacks rank second in team history and after a wait that took far too long, Klecko gets the nod as a senior selection.

The post Canton Comes Calling…Twice! Revis and Klecko Headed to the Hall appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

Thank you so much for this article. 

Some of us remember just how impactful Klecko making the Hall is to the Jets and I am one of them. 

• Upvote 2