Raiders to pursue Jimmy G

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It feels like it's starting to come together as to who is going where.

Saints - Carr

Raiders - Jimmy G

Jets - Rodgers

Our luck ,, it will be

Saints - Carr

Raiders - Jimmy G

Jets - Brisset

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It feels like it's starting to come together as to who is going where.

Saints - Carr

Raiders - Jimmy G

Jets - Rodgers

You would think by now JD knows how the Tea Leaves are reading. I can’t see him sitting idly by hoping Rodgers picks Jets. 

image.gif.0d0c415bcd0dff081995db1c715e55f2.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

You would think by now JD knows how the Tea Leaves are reading. I can’t see him sitting idly by hoping Rodgers picks Jets. 

I'm confident it's pretty much already a done deal.  The Jets and GB already have a deal in place - just a matter of Rodgers deciding if he's playing for the Jets or retiring.

We know the Jets have been speaking with Carr - and keeping him close, but Rodgers is their target and things are looking like they're going to get him.

My guess is Tues. it's announced.  

Question - what do they give up?  My guess #43 and a conditional next year.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That’s what I’m thinking. No way JD parts with his #13 this year. He only has Rodgers for 1-2 years max. He and Rodgers hold a considerable amount of leverage. I could even see #74 this year & a #2 next year that can become a #1 based on snap % and Rodgers playing out his final year. He is owed over $100 mil, after all, and there aren’t many places looking to sign AR.

I can’t see GB tying compensation to playoffs considering the strength of AFC.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm confident it's pretty much already a done deal.  The Jets and GB already have a deal in place - just a matter of Rodgers deciding if he's playing for the Jets are retiring.

We know the Jets have been speaking with Carr - and keeping him close, but Rodgers is their target and things are looking like they're going to get him.

Sign me up for this.

keeping #13.

woujd be nice

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Agree with this.  As much as people want to dunk on Rodgers for being some kind of diva/head case, I would think he/Hackett, plus LaFleur/Saleh have enough of a relationship that JD should have a decent perspective of where things are headed.  IMO Rodgers may not be the hold up.  This could be JD and the Packers negotiating terms...

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm confident it's pretty much already a done deal.  The Jets and GB already have a deal in place - just a matter of Rodgers deciding if he's playing for the Jets are retiring.

I think Rodgers wants to be a jet, boomer said so weeks ago and you have to think Hackett has spoke to his guy 

• Upvote 1

Just now, oatmeal said:

I think Rodgers wants to be a jet, boomer said so weeks ago and you have to think Hackett has spoke to his guy 

Of course.  To pretend Hackett hasn't spoken to him is naive.

I literally heard in an interview Rodgers say he "Loves" Hackett.  Said he makes the season "fun" 

And add to it that he won two MVP's under him..

Along with Saleh being weak - meaning Rodgers will be able to dictate what he wants.  And a very young team that will listen to him.

It's the perfect situation for Rodgers.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Of course.  To pretend Hackett hasn't spoken to him is naive.

I literally heard in an interview Rodgers say he "Loves" Hackett.  Said he makes the season "fun" 

And add to it that he won two MVP's under him..

Along with Saleh being weak - meaning Rodgers will be able to dictate what he wants.  And a very young team that will listen to him.

It's the perfect situation for Rodgers.

And we all are going to love and adore him, he wins here it launches him into a different hemisphere, he knows ALLLL this too

• Upvote 2

Can't help but wonder if Zack Wilson and the Jets rolling into GB and ending their 17 year 'homefield win after a loss' streak has any effect on Rogers, when he's deciding on a team.

Rogers saw firsthand how young and talented the Jets are, and how good our defense (could be his defense) really, really is. Plus having Bryce Hall (who outran the entire GB defense over and over again) to hand off too and Garret fn Wilson to throw to has to be very appealing, especially after experiencing this all firsthand.

He doesn't have to scout the Jets. He just had to close his eyes (maybe in a dark hut with magic mushrooms) and go back in time just a few months and become one with the Jets!

• Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

They are not,  they have publicly stated they are looking at all options at QB.

What they say and what will happen are two different thing.

This is, of course, opinion but I believe Tua is the guy in Miami.  Maybe they'll make a run at Jackson, but barring that - they're sticking with Tua.