Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

i think there's a good possibility that they are working on restructuring rodgers' contract to facilitate the trade. so while the compensation to the packers is basically set, there could be some back and forth between the teams and rodgers as they try to get his contract worked out.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

At this point I'm thinking he isn't coming .. give him till EOD tomorrow and move on.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

there's no real reason to give him until any shorter than until the team may have a deal in place for another qb. if the team doesn't know anything by then they will be forced to just go ahead and go with their plan b or c or whatever 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This has now dragged out too long. Prepare yourself for pain. This be a done deal if it was truly a done deal by now 

I would argue exactly the opposite. If he was planning to retire, he would have done so. If the Packers were planning to retain him they wouldn't have let him talk to the Jets or stated he is not their first priority. In addition, it's simply not how the process works. So you pretty much got everything wrong. But please, carry on.

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wonder if there's something up with the 49ers.  Rodgers would be the perfect fit there.  They're much closing to winning than we are.  And while SF spent a fortune to acquire Trey Lance, I really wonder what they think of him right now.  As for Brock Purdy, he's injured and was Mr Irrelevant so they probably feel like they can do better.

Weeks ago he said he wasn’t going to SF in response to reporters pestering him at that golf tournament. It was the only info he was willing to share 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

there's no real reason to give him until any shorter than until the team may have a deal in place for another qb. if the team doesn't know anything by then they will be forced to just go ahead and go with their plan b or c or whatever 

Are you kidding ... there are 53 million reasons.  With tampering less than 48 hours away .. the Jets needs an answer by Midnight Sunday.  They need to attack Free Agency as if they never heard of Aaron Rodgers.   

Stafford

Jimmy G

New Zack City

Whatever plan B is ... they need to have it unsealed on on the desk by tomorrow night.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, football guy said:

I’m worried about this for sure but by all accounts Jets don’t feel that way. They believe they are the perfect fit for him and anticipate he’s going to accept. Whether they already know or not idk, but they’re proceeding as if that’s the case.

No offense, but if Rodgers doesn't come here, then your friend and the people he works for are precisely the kind of snot-eating morons that many of us have speculated them to be.

• Haha 3

I agree the longer this drags out, the higher the probabilty he is not playing for the Jets.

My hope is the Jets gave him some sort of deadline. "By the end of the weekend" would make sense so they can react and maneuver starting on Monday as necessary when the free agency discussion period begins.

Hopefully this is all figured out behind closed doors. If Rodgers is truly keeping the Jets in the dark for days on end, that's a pretty classless move and not a great way to start a relationship with a new business partner.

Time to sh*t or get off the pot.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

not mad, just don't want him to be our QB, I want Lamar Jackson instead-he'll win 3 Super Bowls instead of Rodgers failing in 2023

I feel like you do only reverse the names. Obviously Rodgers wont get us more than one though.

Edited by Dunnie

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Are you kidding ... there are 53 million reasons.  With tampering less than 48 hours away .. the Jets needs an answer by Midnight Sunday.  They need to attack Free Agency as if they never heard of Aaron Rodgers.   

Stafford

Jimmy G

New Zack City

Whatever plan B is ... they need to have it unsealed on on the desk by tomorrow night.

so without an answer they can still talk to other qbs. it's not like they aren't allowed to do that.....if there's no answer by the start of actual free agency they go after their plan b or c or whatever. what are the other 51,000,996 reasons though? ?

2 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I agree the longer this drags out, the higher the probably he is not playing for the Jets.

My hope is the Jets gave him some sort of deadline. "By the end of the weekend" would make sense so they can react and maneuver starting on Monday as necessary when the free agency discussion period begins.

Hopefully this is all figured out behind closed doors. If Rodgers is truly keeping the Jets in the dark for days on end, that's a pretty classless move and not a great way to start a relationship with a new business partner.

Time to sh*t or get off the pot.

Agree.  And honestly i would say mid day tomorrow.  Otherwise let everyone pivot to next steps. 

6 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

so without an answer they can still talk to other qbs. it's not like they aren't allowed to do that.....if there's no answer by the start of actual free agency they go after their plan b or c or whatever. what are the other 51,000,996 reasons though? ?

Ok ..we are on the same page... only i believe the line in the sand is Midnight tomorrow night. They cannot in good faith start negotiations with other QBs, sayin "We just want to see what Aaron wants to do". Well I guess they could ..but that would not end well.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 2