Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

6 minutes ago, AZSOJ said:

Well, well... I'll be dammed. Look all of us are frustrated, I posted yesterday (abeit on another site) that we should push AR to make a decision or move on... So what I find interesting is that he seems to be leaning towards playing again and that he actually spoke to team officials. That in and of its self is significant.

Posters claiming incomptence probably never negoitated a contract before let alone a union-ized one (meaning has to conform to NFLPA rules)... these things take time. The best outcome would be that R wants to play and play here, that the compensation is not egregious and that cap # works in our favor. Woody has stated he will spend and spend big..so lets take a step back from the "incomptence cliff" and whining about Carr (whom I thought would be an upgrade for sure) to let the process play out.

If he comes he comes, if he choses not too, so be it. I comfortable with whatever decision occurs. I am free and happy to be an American Veteran who has gone through war, has the love of God and family and friends..so this stuff is not life and death, at least to me.

Did you copy and paste this, why does it look like that

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

"ZACH WILSON: IF JETS SIGN QB, 'I'M GOING TO MAKE THAT DUDE'S LIFE HELL'"

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/zach-wilson-if-jets-sign-veteran-qb-im-going-to-make-that-dudes-life-hell

Ok... How Will Zach Wilson Make Life Hell For Aaron Rodgers ??? Let's hear it.  

Is Wilson going to put Bengay in AR's jockstrap ??? 

Snitching on him for getting high in the team facility  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, joebabyny said:

OH MAN! I am hopping on a plane to LA at 5am on taco business, with layover I am going to be traveling for 9 and a half hours. Gonna have to splurge for the internet to keep up with this.

Joe this is a family site. Please clean up your language. "Taco Business"...cmon kids read this stuff.  :)

• Haha 3

They have plenty of interior lineman.  If AVT is back in good order, he can play RT.  They BADLY need one more high quality OT.  I've settled on Skoronski as the prospect I would like most followed by Paris Johnson.  Depending on what the Jets give in trade for Rodgers, they may not have a second round pick this year or perhaps a third round pick.  Hard to say until we hear what the deal will be.

They actually don't. They have AVT and Tomlinson as their starters. Herbig and McGovern are FAs. Feeney is also a FA. They have no C and no real depth. But Fant, Cedric Ogbuehi and Senat are also FAs. This leaves them with Brown, Becton and Mitchell at OT. 

So the way I view it, you have to address both positions- IOL and OT. And they need to do it in both FA and the draft. I think they will need an experienced C. If we are talking early in the draft, taking an OT makes more sense. There is no top 10 quality G talent.

Skoronski makes a lot of sense. I doubt he will be there at 13. Paris Johnson and Broderick Jones both make sense.   

I think there are certain blue chip prospects like Van Ness, Brian Branch, Myles Murphy, Devon Witherspoon...who if they are still sitting there, you have to take a moment to consider at 13. 

• Upvote 2

Aaron-Rodgers-3-scaled.jpg

After saying yesterday that a decision on Aaron Rodgers’ future could be coming within days, Rob Demovsky of ESPN is now reporting that talks between Rodgers and the Packers are ongoing with the Jets.

Per @DanGrazianoESPN, talks between Aaron Rodgers and the Jets will continue into today.

Story here: https://t.co/kcvsDoWLGr

— Rob Demovsky (@RobDemovsky) March 7, 2023

Landing Rodgers is more crucial to the Jets now than it was just over 24 hours ago when Derek Carr was still an option.  With Carr gone, it’s got to be Rodgers or bust.  Any other QB aside from Rodgers is going to be a significant dropoff and will leave the Jets with egg on their collective faces.

Trey Wingo of pro football network reported yesterday that Rodgers had already spoken with the Jets and was open to coming to New York, so Demovsky’s report would suggest Wingo had it right.

Could Rodgers to the Jets become a reality over the next 24-48 hours?

The post Aaron Rodgers and Packers Reportedly in Ongoing Talks With Jets appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

36 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Snyder isn’t the acting GM of the team with the longest streak of no playoffs and league worst win/loss record the past 7 years

No, he's been the outright GM-in-reality of a team with a nearly identical record as our Jets over the last 20 years.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/worst-teams-in-the-last-20-years-in-nfl

You all think Woody meddles, lol, you know nothing John Snow, till you know Dan Snyder, lol.

And unlike the Jets, the Commanders have declined in the DC area to a level thought impossible for an NFL Franchise.

It's gonna be amazing when the team, at an all-time nadir in local interest and ticket sales, sells for an all-time high for NFL teams soon.

Goes to show the immense value of an NFL Franchise, even one so well and truly mismanaged as the 'Skins/'Ders.

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No, he's been the outright GM-in-reality of a team with a nearly identical record as our Jets over the last 20 years.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/worst-teams-in-the-last-20-years-in-nfl

You all think Woody meddles, lol, you know nothing John Snow, till you know Dan Snyder, lol.

And unlike the Jets, the Commanders have declined in the DC area to a level thought impossible for an NFL Franchise.

It's gonna be amazing when the team, at an all-time nadir in local interest and ticket sales, sells for an all-time high for NFL teams soon.

Goes to show the immense value of an NFL Franchise, even one so well and truly mismanaged as the 'Skins/'Ders.

If Woody isn’t going to have a VP of Football he should be meddling. He’s the boss. That’s the way he’s set it up. He sets the ground rules, accountability and expectations.The issue is Woody comes and goes leaving no one truly in charge. Saleh was on an interview talking about how much he golfs for crying out loud lol. 

"ZACH WILSON: IF JETS SIGN QB, 'I'M GOING TO MAKE THAT DUDE'S LIFE HELL'"

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/zach-wilson-if-jets-sign-veteran-qb-im-going-to-make-that-dudes-life-hell

Ok... How Will Zach Wilson Make Life Hell For Aaron Rodgers ??? Let's hear it.  

Is Wilson going to put Bengay in AR's jockstrap ??? 

You should be more concerned with how mediocre a combine you preferred draftable QB had, lol.

Word is Tanner McKee did not look good, inaccurate and not as strong armed as expected.  

Just now, Jets4Life1979 said:

this is all click bait nonsense......the jet fans have been sucked in once again and wont be rewarded with aaron rodgers, but with an epic giant sized kick in the balls......he's not coming here so just except it now

Too much smoke for there not to be fire.

Not saying it's a done deal, but things are certainly trending in the right direction.  The Packers would never have given Rodgers permission to speak to the Jets if there wasn't some baseline trade agreement in place already.

• Upvote 3