Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

17 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The Packers trying to play hardball here has got to be holding up business for them, too, no?

As long as Rodgers is under contract with his cap hit, they can't go out and sign additional FAs like they otherwise could?

Murphy is a dirtbag.  On one hand, he talks about "wanting what's best for Aaron" while behind the scenes, he is trying to squeeze the Jets with unreasonable demands which are essentially blocking Rodgers from moving on.

The Jets can't say anything publicly because that would be tampering.

But Rodgers can do his thing by publicly trashing Murphy for how he is handling the situation and for not doing right by "an all time Packer".

As soon as the deal becomes official, it costs them $8.6M against the cap before Douglas tries to get them to eat even more of that contract. So delaying gives them a little artificial cap space to operate in free agency and try to make a grab in the process. It’s not gonna work. 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

The Packers have 2 viable qbs. 

The Jets have Zach and no other viable options on the market besides Rodgers 

The Packers gm and hc got long term extensions before last season 

JD is in year 5 of 6 and has to win now 

The Packers have more leverage and if you don't believe that, why isn't the deal done yet? 

Green Bay and NFL HQ's have a vendetta against Rodgers. 

That's my opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

10 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

@Mogglez and @football guy  both said that the deal was done and we were waiting on Rodgers. Do they have a conspiracy against Rodgers, too?

Maybe they were just wrong? They're right more often than not though, and the same cant be said for the media at large. 

But I know they werent bashing him on a coordinated smear campaign for 2 years. 

Just now, JTJet said:

Maybe they were just wrong? They're right more often than not though, and the same cant be said for the media at large. 

Not true. 

So now it's about the bashing (that's in your head because he agrees with something you agree with). Not that both Schefter and Rapapport had basically the same information as our insiders. But you're willing to forgive them. Interesting.

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, Tranquilo said:

If the media's job isn't to make their subjects look good, then how do you feel about the Pat McAfee show?

Most of the media did not make sh*t up. How did you know the Packers and Jets were talking about Rodgers?

Trey Wingo and @football guy

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

OR the deal changed and JD isn't giving in.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Not true. 

So now it's about the bashing (that's in your head because he agrees with something you agree with). Not that both Schefter and Rapapport had basically the same information as our insiders. But you're willing to forgive them. Interesting.

Www.google.com

Keywords

Aaron

Rodgers

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Too bad this was not the Jets and Rodgers attitude all along.  They hung themselves on this issue.

They should have made their desire for Rodgers very clear to the Packers and Rodgers early which I believe they did,

They then should have put a deadline on the time line so that if either of them was not ready to move they could have pivoted to plan B or C

Instead in their desperation for plan A they let it go too long, then for some reason assumed that the moment Rodgers said okay the packers would roll over, this after the other viable options were off the table.

I have no doubt when talking to the Packers Douglas is trying to walk it back and suggest just what you are saying, but those words are hollow and the Packers know it.

Before the Jets held all the cards and the Packers had none.  But the way we handled this situation we gave the Packers some juice to squeeze.

Also, what comes around goes around, Rodgers squeezed the Packers his last few years there, now they feel they can do the squeezing.

In the end an agreement will be made, the Packers will get less than they like the Jets will pay more than they like.

The desire to get things done in time to move to plan B or C presumes they felt there was a viable plan B or C that had a clock on it.

There’s a change in leverage if they aren’t willing to walk away, but again the Packers need this more than the Jets do.

Only thing that in my opinion would meaningfully change leverage is if another team gets involved and Rodgers gives them the thumbs up. As it sits now, the Packers need to trade him and they need to trade him to the Jets.

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Www.google.com

Keywords

Aaron

Rodgers

Just go to ESPN. They got all the articles and clips talking about him. Seems like some people like him, some people don't. Not some agenda conspiracy that you like to think there is because he also hates vaccines. Grow up.

• Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Just go to ESPN. They got all the articles and clips talking about him. Seems like some people like him, some people don't. Not some agenda conspiracy that you like to think there is because he also hates vaccines. Grow up.

Again, willful ignorance.

Just now, Mogglez said:

I’m only going to address this once, and then I’m done with getting dragged into “sources” BS.  Schefter and Rapp do this as a job; I do not.  The ridiculous temper tantrums they and their respective networks have gone on since they were told, by Aaron himself, to f*ck off, is not the same as me passing something I heard along and commenting on it as a fan.

I had heard Monday, post Wingo tweet, when he said that it was done, was that Rodgers has agreed to come here, and the compensation was agreed upon as of Friday, they were waiting on Aaron to make it official.  I posted that here.  What we now know is that Rodgers told both teams Friday as well.  I don’t know what the current situation is, but reading the tea leaves, it appears that Green Bay is trying to alter an already established deal because the Jets don’t have a FA QB to turn to.

Wingo also said the deal is 99% done and he is coming to NY next week !! So I still think you are correct @Mogglez

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m only going to address this once, and then I’m done with getting dragged into “sources” BS.  Schefter and Rapp do this as a job; I do not.  The ridiculous temper tantrums they and their respective networks have gone on since they were told, by Aaron himself, to f*ck off, is not the same as me passing something I heard along and commenting on it as a fan.

I had heard Monday, post Wingo tweet, when he said that it was done, was that Rodgers has agreed to come here, and the compensation was agreed upon as of Friday, they were waiting on Aaron to make it official.  I posted that here.  What we now know is that Rodgers told both teams Friday as well.  I don’t know what the current situation is, but reading the tea leaves, it appears that Green Bay is trying to alter an already established deal because the Jets don’t have a FA QB to turn to.

All I'm saying is multiple people, including the hated Schefter and Rapp had similar information. But nah everyone hates Rodgers and wants to paint him in a bad light. Please.

1 hour ago, Green DNA said:

So he's assuming that the fans anxiety will motivate JD in to taking quick action or upping the offer.  JD is not conducting business based upon the fanbase.  Brandt is an idiot.

Andrew Brandt is a former GM of the Packers, which more than qualifies him to state his opinion. I subscribe to his newsletter and enjoy hearing his takes on the business side of the NFL. Sometimes he proves to be correct on his takes, while other times he is wrong. But he is always interesting. Are you saying anyone who is wrong is an Idiot? If so, then almost every one of us on this board is an idiot. We have all been wrong at times.

One more thing...

I agree JD would not be swayed by the fanbase. But Woody would, and he signs JD's paychecks. Just saying...

8 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

All I'm saying is multiple people, including the hated Schefter and Rapp had similar information. But nah everyone hates Rodgers and wants to paint him in a bad light. Please.

I’m not getting into a pissing match with Schefter or Rap, but they did not have similar information.  They had no idea that Rodgers told the Jets on Friday and Schefter, in particular, went on air multiple times to refute his former colleague’s claim to the contrary.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m not getting into a pissing match with Schefter or Rap, but they did not have similar information.  They had no idea that Rodgers told the Jets on Friday and Schefter, in particular, went on air multiple times to refute his former colleague’s claim to the contrary.

Everyone, including yourself, did not have Rodgers telling the Jets on Friday. On top of that, they didn't say the Packer and Jets agreed to a trade. Which is true