Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

9 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

The problem is Douglas might not be allowed to have another losing season. And the jets roster is too good. You'll win 9 games with teddy imo. You can't necessarily count on next year when Stroud / Levis are available now

Red Bull or something stronger?

1 hour ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Nothing is jeopardized. Jordan love is under contract and 24 years old. He's the future this year or 3 years from now.

Do you know anything about football? Jordan Love is entering his 4th year in the NFL. The Packers must decide on his fifth-year option. They will not make that decision while he sits on the bench the entire season behind a guy who does NOT want anything to do with the team and it seems like the team does not want anything to do with him. That’s not how things work in the NFL. 

10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Do you know anything about football? Jordan Love is entering his 4th year in the NFL. The Packers must decide on his fifth-year option. They will not make that decision while he sits on the bench the entire season behind a guy who does NOT want anything to do with the team and it seems like the team does not want anything to do with him. That’s not how things work in the NFL. 

They'll happily pick up his option or simply extend him because he's the future.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Yup totally dumb to have 45 years of legitimate franchise QB play if love is the guy. He looked great in limited time last year. Earily similar to Rodgers in 07 against Dallas....

The potential multiple championships or runs you can go on if love hits outweighs a stupid 1st rd wr. 

If your franchise QB is in his mid 30s and a QB falls to you that checks all the boxes, and you have the opportunity to develop him the proper way and not microwave the damn thing, you obviously do it. 

The entire QB position now is treated like popcorn, very few qbs can even sit in the same system and master it. 

I'm a firm believer that the QB position should be developed slowly like baseball and nhl prospects and you should do everything in your power as an organization to create and foster stability for that long term sustainable success. 

Constantly firing coaches, constantly rushing the QB to play when he can't even call his protection. It's mind blowing how ignorant and unproductive it is. The Packers aren't perfect, and Rodgers should've won a couple more rings, but I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing. 

The Steelers are another great example. 3 coaches in 50 years or whatever it is...

Bro, I love in Western NY. I remember when they would black out Bills games bc they couldn't fill the stadium.  I don't know why you're here, you're 1 Josh Allen knee injury away from winning 3 games next year with that terrible roster. Go back to the sh*tty Bills sites. 

21 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Bro, I love in Western NY. I remember when they would black out Bills games bc they couldn't fill the stadium.  I don't know why you're here, you're 1 Josh Allen knee injury away from winning 3 games next year with that terrible roster. Go back to the sh*tty Bills sites. 

Don't worry. Allen won't get hurt, we'll probably be really good this year. And we'll find a way to screw it up. 

Think of it this way. As a bills fan I can tell you about how all the choke jobs and screwups has created an infinite knowledge base. This knowledge base is telling you, passing on Levis is really really stupid 

29 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Don't worry. Allen won't get hurt, we'll probably be really good this year. And we'll find a way to screw it up. 

Think of it this way. As a bills fan I can tell you about how all the choke jobs and screwups has created an infinite knowledge base. This knowledge base is telling you, passing on Levis is really really stupid 

Dude your obsession with this steroid milkshake drinking, terrible QB, is comical and when he sucks you will blame it on the unlucky souls who drafted the tool. 

On 4/13/2023 at 1:54 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Its very simple.  Its a 3rd this year and that is it.  Rodgers 40 years old and was average at best last year.   Brett Favre was better at this stage of his career.

Favre's last season as a packer he threw 28tds and 4,200 yards

Rodgers last year threw 26 tds and 3,700 yards

The game has changed too so put favre in a 2022 offense and he probably throws 35 tds and 4800 yards his last year in GB.

The Packers will take a 3rd round pick and like it.  That is what Favre went for 15 years ago  Anything more and Joe D is a fool.

I thought we didn't have a third this year.

• Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Dude your obsession with this steroid milkshake drinking, terrible QB, is comical and when he sucks you will blame it on the unlucky souls who drafted the tool. 

Even Stephon Diggs is looking for someone to rescue him! #WindowClosing!
Season 1 Window Closing GIF by Law & Order

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, nycdan said:

Leaving everything else aside, drafting Love, IMO, was one of the dumbest draft decisions I think I've ever seen, and yes, I'm a Jets fan saying that.  That team was poised to win it all and Rodgers just needed a little help.  With several good WRs on the board, after about 10 straight years of not drafting any offensive help in the 1st round, that was staggeringly weird.  Tee Higgins on that team beats TB 9 times out of 10.

Feel free to disagree, but your team very likely left a Super Bowl on the table that year.

There's two compelling sides to that discussion and you make as persuasive of a case I've seen for not drafting Love.  And when it happened I was PO'd.   I'm on the fence with is 3 years later because I want to see what becomes of Love.   TBH I wasn't studying QB's heading into that draft so I knew very little of Love.  He's the ultimate boom or bust and the opposite side of ur argument is when you have a chance to take a guy with his potential you do it.  Remember the prior season Rodgers looked average (by his standards) and many questioned if he was on the downward slope.  In hindsight we now understand his lesser numbers were due to the learning curve of the Shanahan offense.  I'm withholding judgement on this one for another year.

9 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Yup totally dumb to have 45 years of legitimate franchise QB play if love is the guy. He looked great in limited time last year. Earily similar to Rodgers in 07 against Dallas....

The potential multiple championships or runs you can go on if love hits outweighs a stupid 1st rd wr. 

If your franchise QB is in his mid 30s and a QB falls to you that checks all the boxes, and you have the opportunity to develop him the proper way and not microwave the damn thing, you obviously do it. 

The entire QB position now is treated like popcorn, very few qbs can even sit in the same system and master it. 

I'm a firm believer that the QB position should be developed slowly like baseball and nhl prospects and you should do everything in your power as an organization to create and foster stability for that long term sustainable success. 

Constantly firing coaches, constantly rushing the QB to play when he can't even call his protection. It's mind blowing how ignorant and unproductive it is. The Packers aren't perfect, and Rodgers should've won a couple more rings, but I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing. 

The Steelers are another great example. 3 coaches in 50 years or whatever it is...

The other thing, Love was considered by some to be a top 10 pick.   The Packers, where they usually draft, should not have had access to that kind of player.  VERY similar to when Rodgers fell into the 20's when he was drafted.

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Based on what

If Rodger retires, the pack get nothing regardless

Or Rodgers just plays for the Packers and love sits another year ( most likely)

Guttenkurst can hate Rodgers and vice versa

So did Jordan and the bulls gm from the,80s/ 90s. 

Sammy's right.  Rodgers played his last snap with the Packers.  There's a 99.9 percent chance he's not on the team next year.  The .1 percent chance he's on the team he'd be on the bench behind Love.   Love's time is now and he'd demand a trade of this year were the status quo.

Contrary to the national media narrative (clueless), GB's leverage IS NOT keeping Rodgers this year.   THAT IS NOT AN OPTION!  Their leverage would be trading him late in the game or if another team entered the fray.

And PS, trading for Stafford is not an option either so you all need to stop suggesting it..  Google his roster bonus from last month.

2 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Knowledge base? Bills fans are the most red neck dirty fans I've ever been around. Literally dirty

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

I actually don't fully believe that. Usually regardless of the circumstances, a great QB will reveal himself regardless

Ie no matter where Andrew luck was going he was going to be good. No matter where ej Manuel/ jp losman went, he was always going to suck

8 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

The bills have choked enough for me to drink ten lifetimes....

The Jets and Bills are kindred spirits (though you guys have inflicted pain on us and I don't think we've ever done that to you).  I don't know which team has been worse over recent decades.  I can't imagine what the Jets getting to a Super Bowl would even be like.  But getting there an losing it would be the worst. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

If they don't get a real good offer they'll just wait. They can just let him start this year again. Rodgers isn't passing up 60 mill 

I just read the Bills have gotten involved in the Rodgers trade negotiations. Jets could be in real trouble.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Ghost said:

They have to make that decision next month   I think it’s one of the reasons the packers want to wait until June 2 , that 25 million going to come in handy 

31 minutes ago, Larz said:

They have to make that decision next month   I think it’s one of the reasons the packers want to wait until June 2 , that 25 million going to come in handy 

Wrong.   They will pick up Loves option and pay him 20 mil.   But that 20 mil is next year.   This year he’s still cheap.  There’s no good reason for the packers to execute this trade after June 1