Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

9 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

That's true. That said, while Woody might be steering the ship on wanting Rodgers, Douglas would be the one executing the trade. Granted, he would lose a bit of leverage in his boss pushing hard for the deal, but he's still Joe Douglas. He's still the guy that turned Jamal Adams into a couple firsts, and Sam Darnold into a 2nd, 4th, and 6th. 

I would give that man an organ if he needed one.

19f16fb3a42a81758102a43a6e837caa.jpg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Still feel good about this getting done - it doesn’t feel like there’s any other option. I think once it gets announced, we’ll see the crazy complexity involved in making this happen and it’ll make sense why this has taken so long

Bingo. There’s potentially a lot of moving pieces and shuffling money in this deal.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Means Rodges aint coming here like I've been saying on the board for friggin days now....but i get told stop it with the negative stuff......Jets will always freakin Jet........get ready for the biggest kick in the balls ever, and remember I TOLD YOU SO!!

and if Rodgers comes here does everyone lineup and kick you in the balls ?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Means Rodges aint coming here like I've been saying on the board for friggin days now....but i get told stop it with the negative stuff......Jets will always freakin Jet........get ready for the biggest kick in the balls ever, and remember I TOLD YOU SO!!

Lol oh no honey, no one is calling you out for negativity, it's for being a whiny bitch.

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

If traded Bahktiari would have $1.6 million cap hit for his new team. This leads me to believe he won't be included in the deal. 

But if he is and GB is eating $15 million then #13 for sure will be involved in the deal. 

My thought is that if this restructure lowers his cap hit for the team that takes him in a trade, then he is definitely part of the deal. And if the Packers restructured to lessen the burden for the Jets cap-wise, it will cost more in compensation.

Either that, or Joe Douglas truly is a wizard.

• Upvote 2

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

If it's true that everything else is good and this is just about his decision -- it doesn't give you a good feeling. Makes you think he's trying to talk himself into it or something.

Or he's having fun trolling everyone.  Still think he's in..  Would be a huge dick move to make everyone including his great friend Hackett wait till last minute just to say no. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If it's true that everything else is good and this is just about his decision -- it doesn't give you a good feeling. Makes you think he's trying to talk himself into it or something.

He did this same song and dance with the packers last season, so idk if it’s a Jets thing though 

29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The fear is that this is an owner driven issue.   I like Douglas and if it as just up to him I could see him holding firm and walking away if it is too high of an ask.  Once Woody starts flaying all over the country and getting involved I fear the worst.

there's no avoiding it.  Every drop of fan anticipation is altered for the worse when Woody gets involved.  He always mucks things up. rich doofus.

Just now, Mogglez said:

I can’t divulge specifics, but as it stands, I’m ok with it.  I say “…as it stands….” because the hold up is

a.) whether or not he’s going to play this season (both the Jets and Packers feel and are operating on the belief that he will.)

b.) the Jets prefer to have an understanding of whether or not this will be a one and done season, or if Aaron will commit to two (or more, but I doubt it will be more) years.  That’s why I believe that this is taking so long.  I think he’s going to play this year and, as I said, so do both teams involved here. Regardless the cash flow and picks involved are contingent on this.

thank you

• Sympathy 1