Jets Negotiating With Lazard [Signed 4 years $44M]

SR24

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't love the idea of any 32 year old WR.  but Rodgers knows him, knows the way he plays, likes playing with him.

I was a Carr guy - but Rodgers is our QB now, so I'm jumping in with both feet.  

Let's go to war with the guys Rodgers wants.  

You are my new spirit animal, most everything you have did last couple few days rings true. This way I can eat more type less, yay 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Wilson/Lazard/Moore, Davis to be cut loose almost regardless, maybe now Mims too?

Let's be clear, Lazard was in 2022 what we hoped Mims might be, a big, tall kid who catches TD's.

Wilson and Moore should be 1,000 yard receivers with Rodgers at QB. 

If Lazard as the #3 can contribute 700 yards and 8 TD's to them, great!

It's a longer deal that I'd have expected, not sure what, if anything, that means.

But it's an upgrade at WR vs. what we had yesterday, at a cost than is manageable.

More years than expected/wanted, but guarantees are low. He can prob be cut after 2 years, which is right on pace with Rodgers projected timeline. 

• Upvote 1

On PFF, Corey Davis and Lazard are basically a wash. Davis’ injuries have been a problem, and he’s *so* weak at the catch point, especially for a dude with his physical gifts. It’d suck to dump Davis outright because he’s a pro and a good teammate, but it wouldn’t be a net loss either. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

On PFF, Corey Davis and Lazard are basically a wash. Davis’ injuries have been a problem, and he’s *so* weak at the catch point, especially for a dude with his physical gifts. It’d suck to dump Davis outright because he’s a pro and a good teammate, but it wouldn’t be a net loss either. 

Davis drops too many passes and Lazard is a legit red zone threat. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Hes performed worse with a better QB. Failing to see how hes better.

I don't know why people keep saying this when everything in the data says otherwise.

The past two years Lazard has had more TD (by a lot) and more yards than Davis.  

Tell me where he's been better?  Honestly, maybe I'm missing something.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't know why people keep saying this when everything in the data says otherwise.

The past two years Lazard has had more TD (by a lot) and more yards than Davis.  

Tell me where he's been better?  Honestly, maybe I'm missing something.

Pre jets davis had 2 seasons above 800 yards. His production hasnt been as good with the jets but one can hardly say we've had a stable QB situation for him.

Lazard has been playing with Rodgers his entire career and has never gone above 800.

• Thumb Down 1

33 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

And guess what else happens out of all of this?  The Jets by signing all of Green Bays throw aways to please Rodgers?  We add to their compensatory pick formula and we lower our compensatory pick formula.  Green Bay next year will be thanking us for taking guys they did not want and giving them an extra third round pick to boot.

You’re crying over a compensatory pick that you don’t even know we could lose or GB will get to get a real QB in here leading the team.  
You absolutely hate Rodgers we get it but between the pick and claiming we’re competing against ourselves with any FA rumored to be a target is so off base.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Seeing only 22 of the 44 million guaranteed

Probably signing bonus and first two year salaries are guaranteed.  I would assume we have an easy out after two years.  And likely a lower cap hit than Davis' $11.1M hit this year.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This can't be understated.

From what I understand Rodgers likes things a certain way.  Having vets that have played with him can go a long way to helping out the young guys.

Cobb will help in the WR room if anything he can help the guys get in sync with Rodgers and thats a good thing. He s not going to break the bank but a player coach is not such a bad thing which is exactly what he will be.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Pre jets davis had 2 seasons above 800 yards. His production hasnt been as good with the jets but one can hardly say we've had a stable QB situation for him.

Lazard has been playing with Rodgers his entire career and has never gone above 800.

So you're going back 3 years to justify Davis being better.  NFL doesn't really work that way.  

Davis can't stay healthy either.  Lazard is a better player for the Jets right now, he's an upgrade.

• Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Your statement got me thinking Beer: could this be part of the plan in the trade?

Hear me out: us signing some of these guys appeases Rodgers AND it gets GB more picks (compensatory) next year without us having to surrender more picks in the trade. Kinda genius if you ask me. Granted, the only player of the ones mentioned I'd be interested in is Lazard (depending on the price).

very interesting.  

although that also assumes that GB wouldn't get the picks if these guys signed elsewere

• Upvote 1