Jason@OTC: Brilliant Breakdown of Trade Implications From GB & Jets Perspective

Luckily, it looks like the big hit on Rodgers' contract will come three years from now, while Wilson, Sauce and Hall are still on their rookie deals.  Although Hall, as a second round pick, will be on the 4th and final year of his rookie deal, so it is likely we would need to extend him before then.    

Sauce and Wilson will have to wait until after year 4 for their new deals....but that's been the Jets MO for a while now with 2nd contracts for rookies.  (Well...at least their stated MO...I think Q will be the first rookie we've given a 2nd deal to since Mo?)

• Upvote 2

Being in cap hell is BS.  Every year, there are a bunch of teams that are in cap hell... until they're not.  That's because of the magic of a rising cap and restructures.  

And notice, most of the teams in cap hell are the well run successful ones - I'm talking about you -Philly, Saints, and others.  And most teams with lots of cap suck ass, like us and the Bears.

So, just frickin' once, I'd like to have the first-world problem of being in cap hell.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Didn’t you want Jimmy G?

I feel like Rodgers at 40 and Jimmy G at 31 have relatively the same chance of being injured but jimmy is less than half the price 

That's how high a chance arod getting injured is. Favre, Vinny T, we've seen this movie before 

We're going to see Zach again at the worst possible time 

27 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah. Good point. **** it, just toss Zach out there again. 

You cry when they don't spend how you think they should, and cry when they do.

Get consistent with your bitching. Why do you even care anymore,  haven't you stated here you basically despise the Jets at this point? 

Also, people have been telling me Brady is washed for 8 years now, and a fully washed Peyton Manning got Denver another Lombardi. 

Bring it on, it either works out or it doesn't. After 50 years of mostly trash, what's the goddamn difference?

Brady cheats like a summbitch. He's on every ped known to man and even he by the end shyed from contact 

There is no easy fix for missing on Zach 

jd sold us in building it the right way or whatever 

Now he's at the end of his deal and all that turned out to be Bull 

Maybe they could have spent earlier if all it took to win was money 

The Jets have chosen Rodgers or bust.  Most of their great players are in year 2.  

If there is Rodgers, we restructure, beg, borrow and steal and make a run of it for 2023 and hopefully 2024. 

If there is not Rodgers, we keep the cap in 2023, ask Sauce, Breece, Garrett and Quinnen to grin and bear it, and we draft OL and look for a QB in 2024.  We sign someone like Carson Wentz for kicks and giggles and see what Zach Wilson can put together.  

That was the TB strategy.  They got lucky and got Brady.  We are on the cusp with Rodgers.  If JD waits, he will get him and save 13 and other picks. If for some reason GB digs in, so be it.  We regroup in 2024.  Maybe with Rodgers. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

FREE: Derek Carr equivalent 

Honda Hatchback GIF

$100: Aaron Rodgers equivalent 

Hands Up Omg GIF by Yiannimize

We as Jets fans must rid ourselves of the spirit of poverty.

We deserve nice things.

AR is more like this...

Poverty is no draft picks and or salary cap room

Cool FunPedia: Ruthlessly Broken Super Carsp

6 hours ago, Biggs said:

Green Bays last contract with Rodgers was designed to offload him this year.  The timetable where the pressure mounts on them is after June 1.  The Jets are making this deal and accepting a lot of dead cap space for a 1 year deal.  The Jets want him in the building ASAP.   It's in both teams interest to make a deal.  The timelines of pressure on each team is different. 

It's basically a 1 year 75 million dollar deal. Not a fan of it. But seems most are excited about it. Seems to solve absolutely nothing and creates tons of problems. Basically a gigantic overreaction to win a SB with all our chips on the table. Who knows maybe it works? Doubt it though

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

So Green Bay is in the drivers seat IF Joe Douglas is in a hurry.

But if Joe feels confident Aaron will be here come September, then he regains the advantage because Joe can just sit tight and twiddle his thumbs. Packers will probably change their tune as the 2023 draft draws neigh. 

edit: what AR can do to help the situation is inform GB he plans on returning and getting paaaaid if the Jets deal falls apart.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

It's basically a 1 year 75 million dollar deal. Not a fan of it. But seems most are excited about it. Seems to solve absolutely nothing and creates tons of problems. Basically a gigantic overreaction to win a SB with all our chips on the table. Who knows maybe it works? Doubt it though

Not necessarily which could be the hang up.  Green Bay might want more player comp in return for eating some of the Jets contract responsibility.  This is a very complex deal for both teams.

Look ... I was one of the first people around here *****ing about the cap ramifications. 

1. I was wrong about the dead money... the worst year of it would be 30 million and thats if he doesnt play... if hes not playing were p(l)aying a rookie.

2. I have faith in our FO that we will coordinate this in a way that makes sense in a cap sense for the future.

3. I like the idea of a wide open windo of contention for a couple years regardless.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Look ... I was one of the first people around here *****ing about the cap ramifications. 

1. I was wrong about the dead money... the worst year of it would be 30 million and thats if he doesnt play... if hes not playing were p(l)aying a rookie.

2. I have faith in our FO that we will coordinate this in a way that makes sense in a cap sense for the future.

3. I like the idea of a wide open windo of contention for a couple years regardless.

lightbulb GIF

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

I feel like Rodgers at 40 and Jimmy G at 31 have relatively the same chance of being injured but jimmy is less than half the price 

That's how high a chance arod getting injured is. Favre, Vinny T, we've seen this movie before 

"feel" being the operative word 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

That’s cool and all but Rodgers is way better, so if they have the same chance of getting hurt, I rather get the guy who is better 

jd sold us in building it the right way or whatever 

Now he's at the end of his deal and all that turned out to be Bull 

"Building the right way" ideally involves drafting your own FQB, but if that part fails, at least make it a location attractive for a high-end veteran QB to come to.  

The Rams whiffed on Jared Goff.  So they grabbed Stafford and won a SB.  

Unlike the Rams, it may not require us sacrificing years and years of 1st round picks to get to that place.  

4 hours ago, johnnysd said:

agreed. Woody is acting like an old owner who wants a SB and doesnt care what happends after it. Rodgers cap hit in 25 and 26 will kill us. plus we wont be drafting his replacement while he is here trying to win a SB. 

will a SB win make us feel any better when in 2026 the new GM is trading away GW and Sause for draft picks to start our 19th rebuild. not for me.

4Amclub Dr Donna GIF by Dr. Donna Thomas Rodgers

10 minutes ago, doitny said:

agreed. Woody is acting like an old owner who wants a SB and doesnt care what happends after it. Rodgers cap hit in 25 and 26 will kill us. plus we wont be drafting his replacement while he is here trying to win a SB. 

will a SB win make us feel any better when in 2026 the new GM is trading away GW and Sause for draft picks to start our 19th rebuild. not for me.

So you're alternative is going 7-10 again, and the next ten years suck just like the last 10 years.

Outstanding.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets totally botched the whole, get a QB this off season thing that much is obvious, they now have to hope they get lucky and things pan out he way they hope.

So you wanted Carr over Rodgers. JD didn’t. Simple as that. Mediocrity is not on the menu this season. Woody & JD want to give us a winning season…. Carr doesn’t come close to delivering that the way Rodgers can. 

I hope one day you can find your fandom again!

black and white film GIF

• Sympathy 1

If Aaron gets hurt during the Packer’s OTA or Training Camp, does the contract automatically kick in, besides his trade value plummeting and all. So Couldn’t Aaron force their hand by just entering their facility. The media sessions with him would be hilarious. Is that what the Packers want?

15 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

So you wanted Carr over Rodgers. JD didn’t. Simple as that. Mediocrity is not on the menu this season. Woody & JD want to give us a winning season…. Carr doesn’t come close to delivering that the way Rodgers can. 

black and white film GIF

This has nothing to do with me wanting Carr over Rodgers.  It is to do with the Jets, and Rodgers as well, grossly misjudging the situation.

If you feel that the Jets grand plan was to be sitting here on their hands in a deadlock over trade compensation and literally no other option in front of them I'm not sure what to tell you.   They turned an essentially guaranteed win into a situation where a team that at the start had no leverage but is now squeezing them.

A trade will get done, it will be more expensive than the jets hoped for or at the very least will drag on and on until it effects other things with the team.

The Jets botched it, they will still get their guy but not without pain all around.

55 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This has nothing to do with me wanting Carr over Rodgers.  It is to do with the Jets, and Rodgers as well, grossly misjudging the situation. 

All you do is complain about how bad a job they have done. What could they have done differently. Rodgers is the property of another team?

If you feel that the Jets grand plan was to be sitting here on their hands in a deadlock over trade compensation and literally no other option in front of them I'm not sure what to tell you.

They weren’t interested in the other options . Why do you have so difficult a time understanding this?

They turned an essentially guaranteed win into a situation where a team that at the start had no leverage but is now squeezing them. 
Again, plenty of complaints, no solution’s. GB has no leverage other than hoping “Karen’s” like you keep bitching along with the talking head media pundits

A trade will get done, it will be more expensive than the jets hoped for or at the very least will drag on and on until it effects other things with the team.

So now you’re telling me that they didn’t misjudge the situation. A trade will happen. And how do you know what the Jets expected the compensation to be? Did JD consult with you?

The Jets botched it, they will still get their guy but not without pain all around. 

Why are you bitching then? Go on record and tell me what the compensation is going to be that is so painful? Be a man and put your name to it!

Boy, I can’t wait to hear the backtracking when the Jets, with the help of Rodgers & his agent secure Rodgers for a 3rd in ‘23 and conditional 3rd next year.

53 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

black and white film GIF

we were a half away from a SB with Sanchez, Carr is much better than he was. 7 -10 with Zach and White and Carr is much better. we would be much better than Mediocre. 

yes Rodgers is better but you have to see after hes gone were done. 

you think this was JDs plan? we still got a ton of holes. were not a QB away from a SB. 

i think JD would have preferred Carr. you get about 10 wins and playoffs a year. keep all your draft picks that we desperately need. and we could draft his replacement whenever we wanted. right now we are not drafting a QB in Rodgers 2 years. our next QB will be drafted in 2025 and since we should be picking late we probably have to trade GW or Sause to move up to get a QB.

dont get me wrong, these next 2 years are going to be fun. but thats it. 2 years and done. i dont think that was JDs plan. 

Woody was the architect of this. and in another week or 2 he will force JD to give GB the #1 pick they want. no way Woody allows the 13th pick to get in the way of Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

you think this was JDs plan? we still got a ton of holes. were not a QB away from a SB. 

We’re certainly not a Derek Carr away from a playoff game. I believe a Rodgers gets us a playoff birth and a chance at a Conference championship 

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

black and white film GIF

Maybe Carr only wanted the Saints

Jets were prolly just a negotiating tool