Great take on this being a true test of Jets leadership.

25 minutes ago, sciond said:

This has been how I have been thinking since day one.

SOJ or not SOJ we will see

This is exactly why I have been saying trading for him sets  the Jets back 5-6 years and I don't him, never have.  Facts don't care about feelings.

On 3/17/2023 at 2:06 PM, sciond said:

AR is more like this...

Poverty is no draft picks and or salary cap room

Cool FunPedia: Ruthlessly Broken Super Carsp

23 hours ago, sciond said:

and if he only plays one year..........

I watched it.

1 year is the most like scenario

22 hours ago, sciond said:

....and you trust Mr. Wishy Washy?

I sure don't

look what he put GB through every year

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Haha 1

Joe Douglas’ best at negotiating trades and this is obviously a big one. The great thing about this is, it seems like the fans, other than a few SOJ miserable impatient whiners, understand this might not happen for a while and are on board. Most get the fact that to win this battle, the leverage for us gains every day and waiting it out, is to our benefit. The Packers have to trade him, we are the only interested team and he wants to play for us. Win, win and win. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

I think the time to take advantage of the jets was when there were still options. Jimmy g, carr, and etc. are gone. Outside of swinging a trade for stafford or Tannenhill, there really aren’t any more options (lamar isn’t an option, makes no sense for this team to go for him). The jets are at the point now where it doesn’t really matter if it gets dragged out, the options are still the same for the team. They either play with Rodgers or they don’t. Yea, the jets really want him but they can go another route if forced to. Might not be as good as Rodgers, but another direction nevertheless. The packers can’t, he’s gotta be moved. Since it seems like it’s the jets or no one, any decent negotiator should know the packers price will eventually be realistic.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

The contract is so bad for the team on the other end.  

The team who trades for AR needs:

-to think they’re a QB away

-Have the ability to pay AR

-Have a GM on the “win this year or get fired” season -OR- think it’s worth it to push all in on AR with their career earlier than needed.  

that is 1 team.  

The Jets.  If JD called them and said, “it’s a conditional 2025 7th rounder that becomes as 6th with 2 Super Bowl wins,” then the Pack should take that deal.  They trade AR now, or it’s 3 years to them.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Best part is that I think 90% of us would rather Joe play hardball at the risk of losing Rodgers.   Basically showing that The Jets are not pushovers any longer.

Yes. Jets have an educated fan base. Toxic but educated.
Not a lot of panic from fans which gives JD room to wait.
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, WisconsinJetsFan said:

Before I got arrested I was working in the office of the James Danford Quayle. I was going to be the chief of staff of the Vice President. 

This is negotiation not leadership. Leadership is the ability to keep your hand out of the cookie jar. 

Leadership is more than that, imo

Joe Douglas is King Kong of the off-season.   Robert Saleh is Zippy the Chimp of the season.

Making a 1 year run for a SB is not a test of strength for the Jets.   It’s a sign of a botched rebuild.  The Packers will trade him for peanuts.  That’s what Rodgers is currently worth based on his contract.   It has zero to do with how strong jets management is.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, WisconsinJetsFan said:

Douglas is a football buffoon. He’s not in charge of negotiations. The Jets money people are handling this. 

We’ll see who folds 1st. Your beloved  Gutekunst or Douglas. At some point Douglas will redirect to Bridgewater, , Hoyer, Wentz or speak to Tenn. about Tannehill trade. Gutekunst will be left high and dry with a disgruntled $110 mil, HOF bound Qb and a 4th year Qb who can’t beat him out. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Joe Douglas is King Kong of the off-season.   Robert Saleh is Zippy the Chimp of the season.

Making a 1 year run for a SB is not a test of strength for the Jets.   It’s a sign of a botched rebuild.  The Packers will trade him for peanuts.  That’s what Rodgers is currently worth based on his contract.   It has zero to do with how strong jets management is.

I hope you aren’t too surprised when becton plays the whole season, Rodgers is qb, and Zach comes in and shines during spot relief.  Many say things can turn on a dime why not on the jets for once.

• Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I hope you aren’t too surprised when becton plays the whole season, Rodgers is qb, and Zach comes in and shines during spot relief.  Many say things can turn on a dime why not on the jets for once.

Anything can happen.  I thought we were going to the SB after we beat TN in TN and we’re 8&3 with the great Brett Favre.

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Anything can happen.  I thought we were going to the SB after we beat TN in TN and we’re 8&3 with the great Brett Favre.

That season was an indication of jets leadership. Someone must have know Favre hurt his arm yet they kept on trotting him out. I guess that says a lot about Clemens. But still, who kept Favre in the game? Mangini? Schtty? And then, if I can recall correctly, schitty changed from a run game to a passing game against Seattle even though jones was running pretty well.  He had Favre throwing in what were bad weather.  Somehow schitty stayed and mangini was launched.

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

That season was an indication of jets leadership. Someone must have know Favre hurt his arm yet they kept on trotting him out. I guess that says a lot about Clemens. But still, who kept Favre in the game? Mangini? Schtty? And then, if I can recall correctly, schitty changed from a run game to a passing game against Seattle even though jones was running pretty well.  He had Favre throwing in what were bad weather.  Somehow schitty stayed and mangini was launched.

That was Mangini and his son Brett Jr. making sure Brett held onto his iron man streak. I wonder if Mangini was able to even talk to Favre he was so star struck. 

• Haha 1