Chris Simms on the Dan Patrick Show Full Interview | 03/21/23

CJ Stroud is his #1 QB on the board.  

Likes his size. 

Says his decision-making is "borderline flawless" (as good as he's seen, only behind Joe Burrow).  

Says his mechanics are "flawless".  And it's not "dink and dunk".  It's 15, 20, 25 yard throws.

His movement is underrated and there's untapped potential.

Has Bryce Young #2 and Hendon Hooker #3. 

When asked which QB he's down on, he said Will Levis.  Said he has a high ceiling but a low floor.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 1

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Likes his size. 

Says his decision-making is "borderline flawless" (as good as he's seen, only behind Joe Burrow).  

Says his mechanics are "flawless".  And it's not "dink and dunk".  It's 15, 20, 25 yard throws.

If I have the 1st pick I’m drafting Stroud too.

So crazy to see 2 QBs in what will be the last 4 drafts… go to the NFL and see a huge downgrade in the WR group in the NFL to what they had in NCAA. Burrow has Chase, JJ and Marshall. Stroud had JSN and Harrison and even Wilson and Olave last year.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Likes his size. 

Has Bryce Young #2 and Hendon Hooker #3. 

When asked which QB he's down on, he said Will Levis.  Said he has a high ceiling but a low floor.  

Cool, now he'll  have two new busts to defend. 

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

The man who gave us superstar zach wilson. 

The one time he was wrong about a qb prospect, it's the guy we draft of course...

I don't trust Chris simms on qbs anymore and tbh I don't trust jd either 

How out of touch do you have to be to push all in on Zach Wilson? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Sports media who aren’t scouts, but play one on TV are about as viable with predictions as weathermen… and never held accountable for being wrong, in the same way.

This guy is a crackpot, if you ask me.

Draft season is silly season...everyone in their basement with a Youtube account thinks they know who's gonna be good pros.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I had Stroud as QB1 too, but I'm reconsidering now that I see Simms agrees with me. 

I’ve said the same about Stroud for months.
As for Simms, he’s been pretty good rating QBs with one glaring exception. Normally I’d give him a pass, but watching him continue to double down on Zach for as long as he has makes that really difficult.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

The man who gave us superstar zach wilson. 

The one time he was wrong about a qb prospect, it's the guy we draft of course...

Maybe he wasn't wrong. Maybe the terrible offensive coaching and the refusal to adapt for him ruined him

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

If I have the 1st pick I’m drafting Stroud too.

So crazy to see 2 QBs in what will be the last 4 drafts… go to the NFL and see a huge downgrade in the WR group in the NFL to what they had in NCAA. Burrow has Chase, JJ and Marshall. Stroud had JSN and Harrison and even Wilson and Olave last year.

Fields had Wilson and Olave as well (and Jameson Williams and JSN) and probably had the biggest downgrade ever.  But the recent 'Bama QBs (Tua and Mac Jones) also got shafted.  They went from Jeudy, Ruggs, Davonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle to...whatever the Dolphins and Patriots were putting up in their rookie years.  Tua got upgrades to his WRs, but it may not matter now.

12 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I’ve said the same about Stroud for months.
As for Simms, he’s been pretty good rating QBs with one glaring exception. Normally I’d give him a pass, but watching him continue to double down on Zach for as long as he has makes that really difficult.

Missing on Zach is not half as bad as saying last years Ohio State WRs were overrated and not having Wilson or Olave in your top ten...that's just an attempt to be edgy hot take guy which Simms has fallen into the trap of doing constantly now.