### Game Day 2023 HOF Game Thread ###

Maxman

I bet our back ups kick some ass. Looking forward to seeing our first.rpunder get a sack or two
Is Will playin tonight ? I thought only the backups were suiting up. Awesome if he is.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Game day is here. We are a few hours from Canton and about to get some sleep.

Just wanted to say Go Jets. Here's to a good day for Zach, Mekhi, Brownlee and everyone else that sees the field.

Go Jets.

Is that a stripper pole inside there? Nice!

(lol everybody looks 🤣)

GO J E T S !!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Thanks for the posts @Larz. Hoping MB gets inspired!

He posted pics of the busts of Larry Allen, Jonathan Ogden and Orlando Pace on his story.  

I asked Duke Mayweather about Mekhi on twitter and his response was “he can be one of the all timers if he wants to “. I thought that was pretty amazing considering Dukes credentials.  As jets fans we deserve the light going on in his head and him turning it around. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Game day is here. We are a few hours from Canton and about to get some sleep.

Just wanted to say Go Jets. Here's to a good day for Zach, Mekhi, Brownlee and everyone else that sees the field.

Go Jets.

Safe travels and enjoy the weekend!

• Upvote 2

Just now, Larz said:

He posted pics of the busts of Larry Allen, Jonathan Ogden and Orlando Pace on his story.  

I asked Duke Mayweather about Mekhi on twitter and his response was “he can be one of the all timers if he wants to “. I thought that was pretty amazing considering Dukes credentials.  As jets fans we deserve the light going on in his head and him turning it around. 

It all comes back to “Heart” “Passion” & “Dedication” He has all the God given talent and physical tools.

• Upvote 2

Yesterday on Jake Asman's YouTube show one of the last callers was this guy named Rich who has a Wilford Brimley mustache and always sits there in his recliner with a baseball cap on and pontificates on Jets world. What Rich( @SouthernJet) said yesterday that he wants to see from Wilson is for Hackett to tell him to throw to the 3rd read every time, instead of (like always) just dropping back and staring down his main receiver and making that throw.

As usual Rich had the best call of the day because what he was saying is against a defensive backfield made up of UPS and Amazon van drivers Zach should be able to complete 11 of the 15 passes BUT  can he go through he progressions and look past the first two reads and throw it to the 3rd option or will he get the deer in the headlights eyes and turn fluffy white tail and run?

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, jbt said:

if Zach does not light it up against 3rd stringers do we sign a QB tomorrow?

Looking forward to see how good our depth is since injuries always happen especially to the jets

No.  Zach is just beginning his reset.  It does not happen overnight.  He will get all of camp to prove himself, not 1 half of football or whatever he plays tonight.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No.  Zach is just beginning his reset.  It does not happen overnight.  He will get all of camp to prove himself, not 1 half of football or whatever he plays tonight.

Rodgers will also hopefully be on the headset calling in the plays and being a encouraging voice for his “Padawan”

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

As always with preseason, there is only one thing that matters above all else:

1. No injuries, no injuries, no injuries.

Other than that, good luck to the Jets 3rd stringers and bubble players.  While interesting to those who obsess over the fringe of the roster, I can't imagine tonight will be terribly good football, in terms of a viewing entertainment product.

One of my dreams is for the Jets to make it through preseason without a season-ending injury or something destructive like that

• Upvote 4