NY Jets Sign Dalvin Cook

Just now, JETS SB said:

Pretty much. I tend to read the poster’s name, then read the words he says, and then respond. Maybe you do it in a different order. 

kev (as I can only assume this is kev's alternate account), the post that you had quoted... it was another poster. I know its hard to understand, but try. 

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

kev (as I can only assume this is kev's alternate account), the post that you had quoted... it was another poster. I know its hard to understand, but try. 

Nope it’s you. Dementia setting in, I see. The Jets signed DALVIN COOK. He plays football. No “FOOTBALL” ! ….Mom, dad needs his meds. 

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Carter has Cook beat on several key receiving categories over the last 2 seasons, like yards/target, drop %, etc.  Carter is also a significantly better pass blocker from all accounts.

Cook really isn't an upgrade over Carter as a receiver.  His usefulness comes in the early downs which is why Bam is the one that has more to worry about than Carter IMO. 

Cook is an uograde over carter in ever sense…..

39 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

There’s a video of the girl pulling his hair and threatening him with a gun. Seemed like a messy situation all around.

That's interesting. I just googled the video, and while the site I found said the authenticity couldn't be verified (since no faces are shown, and the only name heard is "Grace") if authentic, it does paint her less as a victim and more of an instigator. Also puts those messages between them in a slightly different light, although in those same messages he admits guilt and acknowledges she would be within her rights to go to the police.

Seems like just a toxic, messy situation. Still kinda gross, but I'd love to be able to feel better about this signing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Happy we are adding a back better than Knight or Carter. But in reality this isn’t great for us… bc this likely means Hall isn’t as healthy as we think. But this gives us the ability to still have a running game until he’s healthy. Otherwise Rodgers would’ve been throwing the ball 50 times a game until Hall was healthy.

Not necessarily.If there was a Olineman still a FA jets would have spent there instead. But there isn’t. It’s not every yr guy like cook is available. Hall is ready, but I think they didn’t want to just expect Hall will come out blazing. More than likely he will need some time to find his rhythm again since didn’t have a offseason. 

I don’t see the downside , you need 3-4 running backs to get through a season…there’s no such thing as a #1 back anymore …I wouldn’t get caught up in whether he’s better than Carter or Knight or whoever …who cares let’s keep them all , and who gives a F about Woodys $$$ ? 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Cook is definitely on the decline. Any thought that we are getting an elite RB is wrong....... yet he's still a huge upgrade over Carter and Knight. 

He’s going to get plenty of breathers after few games when Hall catching his stride. Which should allow cook to be dominant, as opposed to tiring as the sole workhorse. 

• Upvote 1