NY Jets Sign Dalvin Cook

Everyone will love dalvin cook w a 22 yard touchdown screen pass, or hair on fire hitting it 3rd and 1 at goal line. Has anyone on this godforsaken board watched dalvin cook at the goal line? Probably not he’s declining….as Ladanian  Tomlinson was …….

6 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Because he was “accused” of doing bad things and we gave him too much of Aaron’s money and we shouldn’t be thinking of our football team and winning games. We should be making sure every guy on the team is morally perfect and has done nothing wrong in his lifetime, before we decide to sign him to a 1 year deal with our HOF QBs money, likely by his request. 

He cost no draft comp, only cap space for one year. And there is no OL available in mid August for us to sign, lol

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

That's not usually 80, so I am honestly interested to hear the basis for his "Cook sucks as a receiver" take.

Not an expert on Cook by any stretch. I haven’t watched a full Vikings game since he joined the NFL. Maybe he’s washed maybe not, I have no idea.

But I don’t like trial by mob and would defend anyone accused of anything so that the judicial process is applied as impartially as is possible for any system comprised of human actors to be.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

Everyone will love dalvin cook w a 22 yard touchdown screen pass, or hair on fire hitting it 3rd and 1 at goal line. Has anyone on this godforsaken board watched dalvin cook at the goal line? Probably not he’s declining….as Ladanian  Tomlinson was …….

Cook is definitely on the decline. Any thought that we are getting an elite RB is wrong....... yet he's still a huge upgrade over Carter and Knight. 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That's not usually 80, so I am honestly interested to hear the basis for his "Cook sucks as a receiver" take.

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

Not an expert on Cook by any stretch. I haven’t watched a full Vikings game since he joined the NFL. Maybe he’s washed maybe not, I have no idea.

But I don’t like trial by mob and would defend anyone accused of anything so that the judicial process is applied as impartiality as is possible for any system comprised of human actors to be.

Carter has Cook beat on several key receiving categories over the last 2 seasons, like yards/target, drop %, etc.  Carter is also a significantly better pass blocker from all accounts.

Cook really isn't an upgrade over Carter as a receiver.  His usefulness comes in the early downs which is why Bam is the one that has more to worry about than Carter IMO. 

• Upvote 3

If we were keeping MC, Bam, and Anaconda with Breece, then we can keep all 3 with Cook, since Breece will probably start season on 6-wk IR.

Gives Coach Salad 6 weeks of regular season to sort out which of the 3 he's keeping with Cook and Breece. Maybe only one of them.

From my eyes as of right now, the odd man out will be bam bam. MC is just too good catching wheel routs and screens. Anaconda was simply amazing in Carolina.  (🤣Official new spelling of his name!)

Breece Hall

Dalvin Cook

Michael Carter

Anaconda

and maybe the FB.

Could be top running game in the league, especially with Aaron Rodgers and Garrett Wilson forcing teams to NOT/NEVER/EVER stack the box, not even on 3rd or 4th and short.

If Mount Becton can keep smashing open holes (not in a perverse way, come on guys), look out! We could open the season with our ONLY weakness our ProBowl MLBer!

Question: Doesn't Cook's brother play on the Bills? Too lazy to look it up...thanks!

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Huh.  So weird that you're here when you ought to be getting blown every hour.

Going into the vault for this one, pottymouth:

On 5/16/2019 at 11:56 AM, dbatesman said:

Listen to this ******* guy. He gets married and all of a sudden he’s Professor Sexhaver.

• Haha 4