This is going to be a disappointing season for some of you

Facts

40 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I hate singling you two out, because I see these terms thrown around by a lot regarding Jet fans, and i don’t understand why.

Anyone who has remained a fan of this team for any period beginning after 1970 up until now should be praised for remaining loyal to a team that’s given back as little joy as this one has.

For one of our own to impose a deprecating label on any of us for being critical, or not optimistic enough to please you is disgusting.

For starters..you hate too, but you did

Now TBC I  have been rooting for this longer than most. Longer than a majority fans and have been alive. My father has been a fan since day one. He is one of the few left who back to the Titans. I have seen Namath throw passes at Shea. So all these years certainly gives perspective.

Personally I am tired of the negative bullsh*t from some fans. Who pissed in their cornflakes and yours?

If the shoe fits, wear it. Now I know who you are.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Facts said:

If losing 2 players derails an entire season then the roster is NOT loaded. It is devoid of depth.

Can't have it both ways.

Can't say this is the best roster in Jets history, but also if 2 players get injured, toast!

Pretty sure no one was saying we had the best roster in Jets history last year. When we lost Hall and AVT last year, it did derail our season, because we had to lean on the QB, which was a disaster. 

Based upon our acquisitions this year, I think our depth is just a little better. Especially at QB, RB, WR, Oline (still not great but depth is there to work out a combination that is successful, with drafting 2nd and 4th round picks). Our defense was already top 5 and we drafted an edge rusher in the first round that looks to have an impact. 

I get that you and the negative, SOJ fans, want to destroy the coach and the GM, every chance you get, but we don’t have Aaron Rodgers and others here this year, if we have a different coach and OC. 

It wouldn’t be Jet Nation without miserable people like you. Every post from you is contradictory to fact, but purely a negative opinion to get a rise in people. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, sciond said:

For starters..you hate too, but you did

Now TBC I  have been rooting for this longer than most. Longer than a majority fans and have been alive. My father has been a fan since day one. He is one of the few left who back to the Titans. I have seen Namath throw passes at Shea. So all these years certainly gives perspective.

Personally I am tired of the negative bullsh*t from some fans. Who pissed in their cornflakes and yours?

If the shoe fits, wear it. Now I know who you are.

“…Now I know who you are” 😂😂😂😂

Listen up, sonny boy.
 I remember back when we took Namath and Huarte in the same draft. Here’s a pro tip. Just because you’re younger than me, you don’t get to judge my fandom. (or anyone else’s for that matter). 
Now stop downvoting people. Go outside and  get some fresh air.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Facts said:

Buffalo won 13 games last season and Miami beat us (without Tua) in the last game.

I say we go 3-3 in the division. 

I’m right about here. I’m not so sold on the whole Buffalo is in decline as others.  Miami is also a bit underrated imo. And for some reason I think we lose a game to the pats. 

I think jets go 3-3 in the division, possibly 4-2. I think this team ends up with 10 -12 wins this season. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I’m not so sold on the whole Buffalo is in decline as others.  Miami is also a bit underrated imo. And for some reason I think we lose a game to the pats. 

Same. I just looked at Buffalo's off-season and it actually looks pretty strong. They added Dalton Kincaid, who was one of the best pass-catching TE's in college. Connor McGovern, solid linemen. Drafted Torrence who is apparently a good college linemen. And singed Leonard Floyd, who is a great d-linemen. Not sure where anyone gets that they are in a decline. Probably the same people who said NE was in a decline for 2 decades.

Then I looked at Miami. They traded for Jalen Ramsey who is one of the best Safeties in the league (though hurt at the moment). Signed David Long who is a decent LB. And then a bunch of re-signings. 

I can see the division going close to the exact way it went last year, except maybe we switch places with the Jets.

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Last years team isn't as good as this years team.  

Based on WHAT? Who did Miami lose and who did they gain? Who did Buffalo lose and who did they gain? I just looked it up. I don't see anything that tells me either is worse off this year.

5 minutes ago, Facts said:

Hackett wasn't Rodgers play caller. The head coach was. 

Hackett was the guy who got everyone coffee.

The point is, he didn't turn Rodgers into a shell of himself as you stated lol. In fact, you can argue Hackett leaving in 2022 to become the Broncos head coach affected him last season (obviously, not saying it did by any means, but just as an example).

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Facts said:

Based on WHAT? Who did Miami lose and who did they gain? Who did Buffalo lose and who did they gain? I just looked it up. I don't see anything that tells me either is worse off this year.

Last year the over/under was 6.5, this year it's 9.5

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

“…Now I know who you are” 😂😂😂😂

Listen up, sonny boy.
 I remember back when we took Namath and Huarte in the same draft. Here’s a pro tip. Just because you’re younger than me, you don’t get to judge my fandom. (or anyone else’s for that matter). 
Now stop downvoting people. Go outside and  get some fresh air.

Sonny Boy?

You singled me out....

maybe you need a hobby?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Cool.  That's pretty much where I am as well.

Nothing whatsoever wrong with that.  But other folks see it more optimistically, others more pessimistically.  I think it's interesting thr wide range of possibilities this year, it really could be all or nothing, depending on just a few vital factors.

No matter how rosy things look going into a season it can be nothing depending of a few vital factors.  The thing is, this year there is at least a realistic chance for all with a few solid breaks. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

There’s a ton of homers here. But you should (or maybe shouldn’t) see some of the posts on the Jets groups on Facebook. Most of them think we’re a lock for the Super Bowl, even seen some undefeated season predictions. And they are serious. 

So your telling me the Mentalist last night on Hard Knocks is wrong???  Geez!  I just bet my life savings...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

You just did 

You should re/check the post of yours that I was responding to. Legal training generally also teaches attention to detail. 

Every Internet post doesn’t contain the entire thesis of one’s beliefs concerning a particular topic. You are being a nudge.

See above. The caveats would be longer than the posts if they were all enumerated just so people like you don’t try to play the most boring game on earth — subvert the substance of an argument in bad faith to score internet semantic gotcha points. 

I’m wrong plenty but not ever in a debate with you, no.

You should split this post up. Some of it was classic enjoyable and other parts were not so much. Hard to give you proper up and downvotes, friend-o.

4 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm glad you graduated from complaining and forecasting doom in every thread to starting a new threat to call out *checks notes* Jets fans everywhere.

OL is a real issue and has a chance to derail this season. Other than that there wasn't much substance to anything you said.

THere were surely no facts.  I searched and searched his post.  None.  Less than zero.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Facts said:

Buffalo year 2 without Daboll running the O.   Huge loss that continues…  Tua is an egg ready to break.   Mike White will be starting until he goes down.   This was a great year to retool the O.  

This division ain’t that good.  It’s ripe for a hot QB and imposing D to kill it.

4 hours ago, WeCantDraftGoodQBs said:

After watching last year's OL debacle, I've been worried and commenting since the spring about our OL and specifically our OTs. Yes, I knew Rodgers was a great QB but I had never watched a lot of him through the years. So when a lot of guys wrote AR doesn't need a good OL because he has such a quick release it did make me feel a little better.

And after actually getting to watch Rodgers a little bit during this preseason I think he might be one of the best QBs we could have ever gotten to play for us at this point in time. He definitely has the quick release, but he is also a super-smart QB who knows exactly when and where to get rid of the ball when there is pressure. Like today our OL is allowing too much pressure and guys have been getting to AR way too quickly (because we have backups playing for our starters), AR knows to take what the defense is giving him and throws a lot of short 10 yrd passes, instead of trying to hold it too long or force it into coverage and risk turning it over.

Of course, I would love for us to have an OT like we did in the past like a D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Marvin Powell, or Winston Hill, but I am hoping that Rodgers might be good enough to still get us into the playoffs (for the first time in 13 years) without having a pro bowl OT on our line. I'm going to keep my "glass is half full" outlook because with AR we are definitely not the same old Jets this year.

Nice post

Rodgers instantly makes the OL better just like Brady did for years with the Pats. 

the OL does not make Rodgers better but he will compensate

This OL will support a strong running game which will be used wisely this year by Hackett

37 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Buffalo year 2 without Daboll running the O.   Huge loss that continues…  Tua is an egg ready to break.   Mike White will be starting until he goes down.   This was a great year to retool the O.  

This division ain’t that good.  It’s ripe for a hot QB and imposing D to kill it.

Both Miami and Buffalo had a top 5 offense last year. Miami with Tua’s injuries and Buffalo without Daboll.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Maybe I could understand a bit if it was only this off season after bringing in a legit HOF talent at QB. But it's exactly the same dance every. single. off-season.

Stockholm Syndrome....

No wait.....Manhattan Syndrome.

No wait....East Rutherford Syndrome.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I don't know about best RB room, but best CB'S and best DL's is very well in play and debatable. 

Agreed. 

I think we are in the top 4 DLs along with Philly, SF, and Buffalo. (We are probably behind Philly and SF)

CBs - I have a tough time not putting us number 1. What team has a better top 3 than Sauce, Reed, and MC II? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Btw, 

neither “best CBs in the NFL” nor “best RB room in the NFL” are insane comments. They are debatable, of course, but neither is insane. 

Either statement is infinitely more supportable than the insistence that Zach Wilson is going to become a FQB.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Agreed. 

I think we are in the top 4 DLs along with Philly, SF, and Buffalo. (We are probably behind Philly and SF)

CBs - I have a tough time not putting us number 1. What team has a better top 3 than Sauce, Reed, and MC II? 

I can see best RB's if Hall comes back healthy and without missing a beat, Cook reverts back in time for a season or even just for a few weeks, and Michael Carter reverts back to his rookie season. Not to mention whatever Izzy (who I like) or Bam provide.