This is going to be a disappointing season for some of you

Facts

I think it’s wrong to just consider only the wrs as pass receivers.  I don’t care about Wilson being the only guy with over 100. The thing is Rodgers may have 500 attempts the whole season and that about 29 per game. Given a 60% reception ratio and that means Rodgers will connect on 300. That leaves 200 receptions between hardman, Lazard, uzomah, Conklin, Ruckert, Cobb, hall, cook, carter, etc.  That’s nine other guys to throw too or about 21 receptions each.  I don’t see where that’s hard for the jets to do. And guys like Lazard, hall, carter and cook are probably going to get the majority after wilson.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't agree at all. 

Any perceived difficulty is purely in the eyes of people who do not want to hold him accountable for the end results of the teams he's built.

Ultimately, a GM's job is to hire, sign and draft talent that as a whole wins games, makes playoffs and wins Super Bowls.

If you do those things, you are a success.  If you do not, you are not.

As of today, JD is simply not a success, no matter how much we might fanboi some of his later drafts, and some of his (admittedly great) trades (Adams, Darnold).  His teams have consistently and regularly been weak at QB (2023 TBD, but at great cost due to his previous failure in Wilson), O-line (esp. health and reliability) and overall offensive production, a product of both bad key personnel and perhaps bad coaching staff hirings.

Picking Sauce and Wilson does not free him of his previous drafts, or previous W/L record.  Not does one tragic coach death free him from filling that vacancy.  

At the end of the day, a GM really is what his record says he is, especially over several seasons time.

This is why I keep saying that JD's future will almost assuredly be determined by how the team wins this year.  If we win, make the playoffs, and show ourselves competant in a playoff game (even if not a win), I 100% believe our owner will extend JD before he becomes a lame duck in 2024. 

If we do not win more than we lose, even with AR (and that includes if AR gets hurt, that's one costly risk JD took getting him), and do not make the playoffs, at best I think JD goes into 2024 as a final year lame duck on a very hot seat, or he is outright fired (along with his coaching staff).  There is always the possibility that JD holds on, and only Saleh and the staff are fired (possible exception Hackett because of Rodgers in we get a Rodgers year 2).

But a losing season in 2023 will have to have consequences of some kind.  Truly, only Woody knows (and maybe doesn't know yet) what he would do in that situation.

I think he's an adequate NFL GM.  As with QB's, we've simply had materially inadequate for soooooooo long, we no longer can tell, as Jets Fans, what is adequate vs. what is great.  When you eat poop for a decade, even 3 day old show leather looks like prime rib by comparison.

Take out the subjectivity.  Wins, Losses and Playoff Appearances is 100% objective, and is the best tool now to determine JD's future.

For the record I was mostly agreeing with you

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Don't be throwin facts at facts man

He was wrong. I literally posted the rankings. Should probably double check a posters facts if you’re going to make a comment like that. Makes you look as ignorant as him.

21 hours ago, Jared said:

I'm a Pats fan, and not here to start a fight, but OP's points remind me of some I've been making with regards to the Pats and their season / the AFC East as a whole.  I think fans of every team in the AFC East have things they can be optimistic about, but most of the teams also have some very real flaws or at least question marks.  It would not surprise me to see the worst team in the division still win 8+ games.  They could also win 5 or 6.  The best team in the division might win 15 games.  But they might also win only 11.

I think all the teams in the AFC East are a lot closer together than talking heads want to give people credit for.  Even the vaunted Bills still needed two kick returns for TDs last year to beat a dysfunctional Patriots team in what otherwise was a one score game for most of it.

Should be make for an exciting season (assuming nothing crazy like another Tua concussion), but I agree with OP: a lot of people who are buying hype are going to get really annoyed with how things turn out.

This season is a bit different. There is enough legit talent here at key positions for the first time in I don't  know how long. There are reasons to be happy and not hopeful. We really just need to sign a good swing tackle. 

46 minutes ago, Facts said:

He was wrong. I literally posted the rankings. Should probably double check a posters facts if you’re going to make a comment like that. Makes you look as ignorant as him.

You literally posted a number of opinions.  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Why dont you offer arguments rather than being so vague?

For example: Best RB room in the NFL

that was me!

So tell me in your opinion who the 2 top rooms are? who is in those rooms? Because they aint better than ours

A rubber room for most Jet fans after watching this franchise for 50 years

Russian Tea room

Both are better

58 minutes ago, Facts said:

This entire thread is ignorant, not sure why I wasted my time.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I don't agree at all. 

Any perceived difficulty is purely in the eyes of people who do not want to hold him accountable for the end results of the teams he's built.

Ultimately, a GM's job is to hire, sign and draft talent that as a whole wins games, makes playoffs and wins Super Bowls.

If you do those things, you are a success.  If you do not, you are not.

As of today, JD is simply not a success, no matter how much we might fanboi some of his later drafts, and some of his (admittedly great) trades (Adams, Darnold).  His teams have consistently and regularly been weak at QB (2023 TBD, but at great cost due to his previous failure in Wilson), O-line (esp. health and reliability) and overall offensive production, a product of both bad key personnel and perhaps bad coaching staff hirings.

Picking Sauce and Wilson does not free him of his previous drafts, or previous W/L record.  Not does one tragic coach death free him from filling that vacancy.  

At the end of the day, a GM really is what his record says he is, especially over several seasons time.

This is why I keep saying that JD's future will almost assuredly be determined by how the team wins this year.  If we win, make the playoffs, and show ourselves competant in a playoff game (even if not a win), I 100% believe our owner will extend JD before he becomes a lame duck in 2024. 

If we do not win more than we lose, even with AR (and that includes if AR gets hurt, that's one costly risk JD took getting him), and do not make the playoffs, at best I think JD goes into 2024 as a final year lame duck on a very hot seat, or he is outright fired (along with his coaching staff).  There is always the possibility that JD holds on, and only Saleh and the staff are fired (possible exception Hackett because of Rodgers in we get a Rodgers year 2).

But a losing season in 2023 will have to have consequences of some kind.  Truly, only Woody knows (and maybe doesn't know yet) what he would do in that situation.

I think he's an adequate NFL GM.  As with QB's, we've simply had materially inadequate for soooooooo long, we no longer can tell, as Jets Fans, what is adequate vs. what is great.  When you eat poop for a decade, even 3 day old shoe leather looks like prime rib by comparison.

Take out the subjectivity.  Wins, Losses and Playoff Appearances is 100% objective, and is the best tool now to determine JD's future.

JD is only a difficult assessment for those who don't like the obvious conclusion drawn from the simple and logical assessment.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Facts said:

If you're gonna post stuff, make sure they're accurate.

Also, you're probably the last person to call anyone ignorant lol. It's like the pot calling the kettle black. Might be time to change your username from Facts to Falsifications. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

If you're gonna post stuff, make sure they're accurate.

Also, you're probably the last person to call anyone ignorant lol. It's like the pot calling the kettle black. Might be time to change your username from Facts to Falsifications. 

"Subjective Facts" (aka "Feelings")

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I did it! I completed the emoji puzzle! 

Nice job Lurker!  You've made it on to the bonus round of this Mad Mystery Riddle Clue game within a thread!

Here's your final clues to bring us back to square one of this long, long, long road to nowhere and maybe put an end to the madness . It's also a chance to be able to claim the prize of one giant Tanzel Smart Chacoochie board as your grand prize reward. Ready?

Name the two words in this famous 4 word phrase sought by this Detective TV pair of the 1960's, one of which was already sneakingly featured in a meme as a different character he played on page 7 of this thread?.  Hint His partner is Tomorrow

Go!!!

47 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

Nice job Lurker!  You've made it on to the bonus round of this Mad Mystery Riddle Clue game within a thread!

Here's your final clues to bring us back to square one of this long, long, long road to nowhere and maybe put an end to the madness . It's also a chance to be able to claim the prize of one giant Tanzel Smart Chacoochie board as your grand prize reward. Ready?

Name the two words in this famous 4 word phrase sought by this Detective TV pair of the 1960's, one of which was already sneakingly featured in a meme as a different character he played on page 7 of this thread?.  Hint His partner is Tomorrow

Go!!!

I don’t need this sh*t. I demand to be traded! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetkwondo said:

Name the first three words in this famous 4 word phrase sought by this Detective TV pair of the 1960's, one of which was already sneakingly featured in a meme as a different character he played on page 7 of this thread?.  Hint His partner is Tomorrow

Go!!!

note: was changed to 3 words from 2 which is more direct to what's needed in this thread

So Lurker declined and was traded to the Lilliput Gaels, anyone else want to take a crack?

maybe the OP who might learn a thing or two? 

On 8/16/2023 at 1:03 PM, Facts said:

And it's not so much the Jets fault, as it is the insane expectations that some of you have.

These are some of the comments I have read this past week:

"Best RB room in the NFL"

"Best D-line in the NFL"

"Best CB's in the NFL"

"Best roster in Jet's history"

Lots of insane comments.

We were 7-10 last season and lost 6 games in a row. 

Coach: The same terrible rah-rah cliché BS coach we had last year.

QB: Aaron Rodgers is a Hall-Of-Famer and has brought respectability back to this franchise. For that, I thank him. I also think him for his leadership and his willingness to remove $30M+ from our books. However, he is also going to be turning 40 years old in a few months and one AFC Scout said in an interview with ESPN, "I think everyone is afraid to say he's declined a little". He also has to rely on an o-line that looks like dog crap (more on that below).

RB: Quite frankly I don't care about RB's. This isn't the 70's and 80's anymore. The best offenses run very little. Don't get confused by total rush attempts - you must remove QB rushes. For example, the best offenses in the NFL - Kansas City, Buffalo, Cincinnati, etc are all in the bottom 10 of rush play percentage. They literally only run the ball to give the WR's a break and keep the defense honest.

WR: Our starting WR's are the same exact as last years 7-10 team outside of Lazard whose best season ever was 60 receptions. Honestly I think this group is fine but it's certainly not a high-end group.

OL: Here is where the entire offense falls apart. The o-line sucks. I saw one tweet that said during training camp "if (defenders) could hit the quarterback, most drives would be "ending with sacks".

Defense: Great. But same defense we had with our 7-10 record last year. 

I predict either 9-8 or 10-7 which will massively disappoint some of you who think this is some sort of super roster. With any luck we will get a coach next season that cares more about winning that making t-shirt worthy quotes.

rachel dratch snl GIF

13 hours ago, Jetworks said:

OP's basis for prediction Jets fans will be disappointed:

"Best D-line in the NFL"

"Best CB's in the NFL"

OP then proceeds to ignore all but the first (so we agree they're true I guess), then proceeds to 'debunk' the first, starting with the line "Quite frankly I don't care about RB's." Good thing NFL teams check their feelings at the door when game planning. Otherwise they'd have a bunch of 240 lb guys running all over the DL. MoR0nS investing in a bunch of fat guys to stop the run? Who does that?

Just dip on the season, please. Been there, done that on and off with the SOJF mentality since the 70s, this ain't the year to do that. 

LOL Its all about perspective isnt it. You could be negative and assume Rodgers will fall off a cliff, this o-line will get hurt or play like s**t, RBs are pointless anyway and we're bringing back the same D and WRs so there's nowhere to go but down...

OR you can simply look at the s**t we had at QB, the injuries we dealt with last year and yet how close we got to getting into the playoffs and then think to yourself, damn, if healthy this squad can beat anybody.  

The Jets just need to get into the playoffs and be healthy. They have the pieces. Even on O-line.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

200.gif?cid=d9212ad9s1yevwtgkiqhsolenv1hn91jlq9xv22q86nmz7xl&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.gif&ct=g
Regarding the OL ... We haven't seen the offensive line yet... We hope at least.

Right now .. you are spot on with that eval of the position.. I'd go one further and say if the Line can't come together .. No Way Rodgers' lasts past mid season... Too many violent hits on a guy that should not be hit often.

At least ref should throw more flags our way.

OL negligence is surprising and sad.

But there is a chance it works out.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

On 8/16/2023 at 2:02 PM, jgb said:

Maybe say it with your real account

Hey - we are good moderation wise. If you we need any help we will let you know.

I looked at this user, and you are incorrect. This is a legitimate account.

• Sympathy 1

On 8/16/2023 at 1:03 PM, Facts said:

And it's not so much the Jets fault, as it is the insane expectations that some of you have.

These are some of the comments I have read this past week:

"Best D-line in the NFL"

"Best CB's in the NFL"

Lots of insane comments.

We were 7-10 last season and lost 6 games in a row. 

Coach: The same terrible rah-rah cliché BS coach we had last year.

QB: Aaron Rodgers is a Hall-Of-Famer and has brought respectability back to this franchise. For that, I thank him. I also think him for his leadership and his willingness to remove $30M+ from our books. However, he is also going to be turning 40 years old in a few months and one AFC Scout said in an interview with ESPN, "I think everyone is afraid to say he's declined a little". He also has to rely on an o-line that looks like dog crap (more on that below).

RB: Quite frankly I don't care about RB's. This isn't the 70's and 80's anymore. The best offenses run very little. Don't get confused by total rush attempts - you must remove QB rushes. For example, the best offenses in the NFL - Kansas City, Buffalo, Cincinnati, etc are all in the bottom 10 of rush play percentage. They literally only run the ball to give the WR's a break and keep the defense honest.

WR: Our starting WR's are the same exact as last years 7-10 team outside of Lazard whose best season ever was 60 receptions. Honestly I think this group is fine but it's certainly not a high-end group.

OL: Here is where the entire offense falls apart. The o-line sucks. I saw one tweet that said during training camp "if (defenders) could hit the quarterback, most drives would be "ending with sacks".

Defense: Great. But same defense we had with our 7-10 record last year. 

I predict either 9-8 or 10-7 which will massively disappoint some of you who think this is some sort of super roster. With any luck we will get a coach next season that cares more about winning that making t-shirt worthy quotes.

Austin Powers Nerd GIF

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

baby crying GIF