I think I figured out why I don’t have a warm fuzzy feeling about Rodgers

Facts

2 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

That doesn't mean you stop trying. The Jets should be drafting a QB every year until they find someone. How many duds did the Bills go through between Kelly and Josh Allen? 

I didnt say stop trying...you never stop but when the team is in the state it's in, it's also foolish to waste it on glimmering hope. 

3 hours ago, Facts said:

So many of you have embraced Rodgers and I have felt “meh” since the trade and I think i’ve figured out why.

It’s because he will never be “ours”. Everyone will always see him as a Packer, just like everyone saw Montana as a 49er, despite his time in KC. Just like everyone saw Favre as a Packer, despite his time in Minnesota. Just like Warren Moon will always be considered an Oiler, not a Viking.

There is no long-term future here. We are *hoping* for 2 or 3 years where we rent-a-hall-of-famer, who will never really be considered ours.

That not sad to anyone else?

Ask the broncos if they cared. Peyton got them a ring, and they had recent championships too. 

5 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

You can make a long list of veteran qbs we signed/traded for and we failed with too.

It's the Jets.  The failure list is 100x longer then the successful list.  That said, in my  lifetime, the best seasons I've seen from a Jets QB came from veterans; Vinny T. and Fitzy.  Chad is the only drafted rookie since Kenny O who had a modicum of success as a Jet, and Chad sucked. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Ask the broncos if they cared. Peyton got them a ring, and they had recent championships too. 

lol Peyton got them a ring? Pretty sure Peyton’s noodle arm did nothing that year except watch Von Miller and the D dominate. Did he even pass 100 yards in the Super Bowl?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Facts said:

I don’t either. It’s a calculated move. But it has fooled a lot of our fans so it worked. 

Lmao so what youre saying is him going out of his way to create relationships with his teammates, going to different venues within the city, embracing the fanbase, essentially forfeiting 35 million dollars… its all a calculated move….. for what end game exactly? 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Facts said:

It’s because he will never be “ours”. 

He wins a Super Bowl here, you can bet your ass his legacy is at least part ours.

And that Super Bowl is 100% ours.

Somehow I don't think Tampa Bay fans are feeling like you feel about Tom's late era title down there.

4 hours ago, Facts said:

There is no long-term future here. We are *hoping* for 2 or 3 years where we rent-a-hall-of-famer, who will never really be considered ours.

I'm interesting in the short term, breaking the 12 year playoff draught, and winning (I can dream) a Super Bowl now.

The long term will sort itself out after Rodgers.  No sense getting mopey about it today.

4 hours ago, Facts said:

The only thing that will be sad is if the @bitonti and @FidelioJet of our community turn out right, and Rodgers is spent, and this grand experiment doesn't work out for at least a playoff berth this year.

Never let the perfect get in the way of the very good.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Facts said:

So many of you have embraced Rodgers and I have felt “meh” since the trade and I think i’ve figured out why.

It’s because he will never be “ours”. Everyone will always see him as a Packer, just like everyone saw Montana as a 49er, despite his time in KC. Just like everyone saw Favre as a Packer, despite his time in Minnesota. Just like Warren Moon will always be considered an Oiler, not a Viking.

It took you 4 months to figure this out?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Facts said:

When you have been a miserable franchise for a decade you take what you can get. 

He gives me hope. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Facts said:

lol Peyton got them a ring? Pretty sure Peyton’s noodle arm did nothing that year except watch Von Miller and the D dominate. Did he even pass 100 yards in the Super Bowl?

Well the Jets have a dominant defense and Rodgers and far better at this stage than Peyton was. 

18 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

When you have been a miserable franchise for a decade you take what you can get. 

He gives me hope. 

He gives me hope too.

But that’s not really the point i’m making.

He can give us hope while we also realize how sad it is.

• Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He wins a Super Bowl here, you can bet your ass his legacy is at least part ours

Doubt it.

When people hear “Tom Brady”, they think New England Patriots.

Not the Bucs.

Yet he won them a ring.

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Facts said:

Stick with Tua. He's more your type.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Facts said:

The patriots didnt give a sh t about your perspective when they signed Ellis or Revis. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Facts said:

That's queer as folk! Those Super Bowl wins will sure be ours...

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Facts said:

You must be trolling lol. He played injured in 2015. In 2013 brought them to the Super Bowl, he broke and still holds the NFL record for most qb tds 55, and passing yards 5477. All on his noodle arm lol dope.
Do you have a picture of Zach Wilson with his shirt off over your bed ? Lol 

• Upvote 1

I think when Rodgers put heavy thought to where he wanted to be that would put a big bow on his HOF career he only saw this team. Last year he witnessed  the young, talent loaded team of high character players with that upbeat, positive minded HC who thrashed his ass, and had fun doing it,  in his house at GB. Then having seen the wheels came off for Zack he saw the perfect opportunity. that is multi- faceted, in elevating, his HOF legacy, the Jets long suffering SB3 storied franchise and dare I say it, give Zack a blueprint for success by mentoring him to continue what he hopes for by bringing home the Lombardi....  

The way he has embraced the whole organization has brought unity that was only last seen here when Rex took them to Cortland before those back to back AFCCG's. Seeing Mehki now willing to play at RT tells me he wants to protect Rodgers as much as he wants to revive his career which is truly momentous if he stays healthy.  If Rodgers was the silent, strictly business type, like Joe Flacco, I would still root for him but I probably wouldn't feel the connection and trust that he has also quickly built with his teammates and most of the fan base except maybe those who choose to focus backwards.  At least that's the way I see it...

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Aaron Rodgers is not here to carry the team, he's here to give us competent QB play. We don't need him to be elite Aaron Rodgers. This team is built well and the reason they will be in contention. The team will earn credit for their successes and Rodgers will be remembered as a galvanizing figure. 

• Upvote 1

Aaron Rodgers is not here to carry the team, he's here to give us competent QB play. We don't need him to be elite Aaron Rodgers. This team is built well and the reason they will be in contention. The team will earn credit for their successes and Rodgers will be remembered as a galvanizing figure. 
I'd prefer elite Aaron thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Facts said:

Who cares. Let’s win! 

I’m sure most fans want their teams to be full of players they can root for for many seasons.  But little things like contracts and injury and the tough nature of the game all mean that even the best players only have a couple of seasons of great play and are worthy of fan adulation.  Look at Revis? His string of great seasons was maybe five.  He wasn’t as good when he went to Tampa or the patsies as he was as a jet player. Or even a guy like klecko. He had maybe five seasons of stellar play but his career was hampered by injury.  How does this apply to Rodgers?  I think the thing that’s different is he’s more of a stepping stone to get this team overall into respectability.  They have a nice group of young core players that really need to win. Rodgers gives them that chance and after Rodgers there will be some team spirit to build on. They won’t need a superstar qb because the rest of the team will carry forward a refuse to lose attitude.  I think that’s one of the main reasons why Rogers is here.

• Upvote 1