This Offense is not ready to hang with the big boys

Barton

7 minutes ago, Barton said:

The NFL champion the last 10+ years usually includes an offense that had to win multiple high scoring shootouts during the regular season to win their division and often another shootout during the postseason to advance to the Super Bowl. Right now this team is built more like the Seahawks or Ravens teams that have won in the last 12 years. Led by the defense and good enough QB play but with a substandard supporting cast on offense. My point? The talent on offense is lacking right now around Rodgers. Garrett Wilson is the only receiver he can count on to get open fairly consistently. JD needs to add more firepower. 

First of all we don't know what we don't know when it comes to the offense.  So much of it was put together on paper and nobody knows what the finished product will actually look like.  But even if we concede your premise I think the defense has a chance to be in the same conversation as those two teams and our offense can still be better than those two even if it is not as "high-flying" as the Chiefs or the Bills.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Barton said:

The NFL champion the last 10+ years usually includes an offense that had to win multiple high scoring shootouts during the regular season to win their division and often another shootout during the postseason to advance to the Super Bowl. Right now this team is built more like the Seahawks or Ravens teams that have won in the last 12 years. Led by the defense and good enough QB play but with a substandard supporting cast on offense. My point? The talent on offense is lacking right now around Rodgers. Garrett Wilson is the only receiver he can count on to get open fairly consistently. JD needs to add more firepower. 

Rodgers is going to throw 50+ tds

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Garrett Wilson makes out Wr group 'good' if anything happens to him we have the worst Wr group in the whole league.

If something happens to Sauce, the Jets will have to play Bryce Hall which in turn makes the CB room one of the worst in the league.

The only position group that has enough depth is DE.

• WTF? 3
  • En Fuego 1

Just now, nycdan said:

Yup.

If something happens to Travis Kelce...

If something happens to Stefon Diggs...

If something happens to Jamar Chase (no, Tee Higgins isn't enough)...

and so on.  But we should never let an opportunity to criticize the few weaknesses in a relatively strong roster that's deep in several areas pass us by.

Chiefs have Mahomes and Andy Reid.  Gabe Davis is better than Lazard

• WTF? 1
  • Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

The Jets offense has been below average every year since 2015.  Many of those years, it was bottom 5.

Realistically, I think the Jets offense can and should fall into the top 5-15 range this season.  There is a slim chance it is top 5 if everything goes perfectly and injuries are held to a minimum.  I'm expecting a few games with 30+ points this season.  They have plenty of fire power to "hang with the big boys" provided the defense shows up and performs at expected levels.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So how much depth at those positions do the Chiefs have?  Bills?  If the Eagles lose Hurts?  

Nope.  Jets must be the only team that isn't 3-deep at QB and 6-deep at WR with Super Bowl ready starters.

Seriously people.  No team is deep everywhere.  We know.  There are teams starting DEs that wouldn't make our roster. 

Blaine Gabbret is significantly better than Zach Wilson.  

You are making excuses for the FO sitting on their hands when they had an opportunity right in front of them for 2 months to waive a mediocre scrub like Corey Davis and sign Deandre Hopkins.  If Rodgers gets injured this season JD had better have Carson Wentz’s agent on speed dial because Zach Wilson ruining another season for me as a fan, look I’m a lifelong jets fan but this is like depression inducing watching that bust of a clown again

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Says who?

If their line holds up, I believe they will be a top offense. Aaron is as good as any QB in the league. Garrett is special. The Cook Hall duo will give teams fits, and when Aaron does play action, watch the F out. This offense might be better than the defense.

At a loss what he's basing this on. Preseason games are not a barometer.

"The WR group" thing; look around the NFL. Cap means you don't have 3 primo WRs. More than good enough.

Wait until the games are real, then you can bitch if it's appropriate. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Not a great example.

Raiders were 12th in the league in passing yards and 9th in passing TDs.

They were 28th in the league in defensive yards allowed and 26th in points scored against.

Your big counter is the raiders were only 12th in passing?  A good running game is nice to have but it’s a passing league that’s why Brady, Mahomes, the Manning Bros have like 14 of the past 20 Super Bowl wins while Adrian Peterson, Ladainian Tomlinson and Dalvin Cook have 0

• Thumb Down 3
  • Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

You are making excuses for the FO sitting on their hands when they had an opportunity right in front of them for 2 months to waive a mediocre scrub like Corey Davis and sign Deandre Hopkins.  If Rodgers gets injured this season JD had better have Carson Wentz’s agent on speed dial because Zach Wilson ruining another season for me as a fan, look I’m a lifelong jets fan but this is like depression inducing watching that bust of a clown again

^^ the actual real concern.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

If Rodgers gets hurt, they're in bad shape. But recall Tom Moore's comments RE the Colts and Peyton Manning getting hurt; that's how things work. 

• Upvote 2