Merch swap

Facts

Just now, Facts said:

Must have COA!!!

My brother was a very good runner (held the high school state record for the 2-mile, scholarship to UNC) and he bought a Roger Bannister signed photo on eBay once. The COA was written in hand on a loose-leaf sheet of paper. Didn't have the heart to tell him he got ripped off. 

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

My brother was a very good runner (held the high school state record for the 2-mile, scholarship to UNC) and he bought a Roger Bannister signed photo on eBay once. The COA was written in hand on a loose-leaf sheet of paper. Didn't have the heart to tell him he got ripped off. 

Thats terrible.

5 hours ago, Facts said:

Anyone interested in a merch swap? I have signed mini helmets (Darnold, Geno, Petty, Namath, Maynard), Jerseys, Towels, lapel pins, footballs, cards, posters, etc.

Will be at the opener if anyone wants to swap. Looking for Chrebet signed.

So you have a bunch of crap, but want something nice, and of actual a value for it. Got it, just checking for a friend.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

20 hours ago, Facts said:

Anyone interested in a merch swap? I have signed mini helmets (Darnold, Geno, Petty, Namath, Maynard), Jerseys, Towels, lapel pins, footballs, cards, posters, etc.

Better be Richard Petty.

On 9/6/2023 at 11:18 AM, Facts said:

I have a Sauce signed jersey from training camp but no COA. Would you be interested in the jersey in exchange for a Darnold mini helmet

I just got a Jets History DVD, unopened. It is signed by Don Maynard and Wayne Chrebet. It was from Uncle Tony, who we all used to tailgate with years ago. Unfortunately, he just passed away suddenly. It meant so much that they gave it to me.

Really has nothing to do with the thread and hand I just saw Chrebet's name and it made me think of it.

• Upvote 3

On 9/6/2023 at 11:21 AM, jgb said:

I have baseballs signed by Lefty Gomez, Gary Carter, Randy Johnson, and a ball signed by Trump and Steinbrenner from 1984 or so. 

Interesting thing about it, I watched all of them sign the ball in person. My first job was selling peanuts and popcorn (seriously 😆) in the old West Palm Municipal Stadium. Used to run around with Tim Raines kid, "Little rock". Good times. 

I'm looking for a signed Gholsten helmet and if possible a Browning Nagle signed ball. Any luck?

On 9/6/2023 at 10:21 AM, jgb said:

When I was a kid, I collected autographs.  Used to write letters to current and former players -- mostly MLB, including a lot of HOFers.  Dimaggio, Mantle, Musial, Aaron, Mays, Campanella, Clemente, Grove, Williams.  But then, as I got older, I realized that I had no way of knowing if the guy actually signed it or not.  Aaron and Mantle and a couple of others signed in front of me at shows, but no COA.  It is a nice collection, but no real value to it.  Especially since I used to paste the autographed pictures into a scrapbook.  I have about a dozen scrapbooks full of signed pictures that have been pasted in for 40+ years.  No way to get them out of the scrapbook without destroying them.

Could have been a great collection, but the only value will be sitting with my grandson and talking about some of these great players that I had a chance to see play.

• Upvote 3

On 9/6/2023 at 11:21 AM, jgb said:

Does running make you dumb?

2 hours ago, Lith said:

When I was a kid, I collected autographs.  Used to write letters to current and former players -- mostly MLB, including a lot of HOFers.  Dimaggio, Mantle, Musial, Aaron, Mays, Campanella, Clemente, Grove, Williams.  But then, as I got older, I realized that I had no way of knowing if the guy actually signed it or not.  Aaron and Mantle and a couple of others signed in front of me at shows, but no COA.  It is a nice collection, but no real value to it.  Especially since I used to paste the autographed pictures into a scrapbook.  I have about a dozen scrapbooks full of signed pictures that have been pasted in for 40+ years.  No way to get them out of the scrapbook without destroying them.

Could have been a great collection, but the only value will be sitting with my grandson and talking about some of these great players that I had a chance to see play.

That sounds like better value than the $40 you'd make on ebay selling autographs

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 9/9/2023 at 8:18 AM, Lith said:

Talking to him and then passing them down to him is worth more than the money.