Saleh Press Conference 9/12

Dunnie

22 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

This is the same coach who kept telling everyone in 2021 and 2022 that Zach was gradually getting better and better and that everyone will be amazed when "everything comes together."

In actuality, Zach Wilson fumbled and bumbled his way through both years and his confidence withered into nothingness, under an offensive coordinator who was a complete failure. And all that happened right under Saleh's nose.

Nothing Saleh says can be viewed as credible. 

yep, you want a coach who says your QB sucks balls.

what do you expect him to say?

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

This is the same coach who kept telling everyone in 2021 and 2022 that Zach was gradually getting better and better and that everyone will be amazed when "everything comes together."

In actuality, Zach Wilson fumbled and bumbled his way through both years and his confidence withered into nothingness, under an offensive coordinator who was a complete failure. And all that happened right under Saleh's nose.

Nothing Saleh says can be viewed as credible. 

What do you want him to say?  The season is over and Wilson stinks?  Come on.  He's doing what everyone wants him to do. He's being a coach.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

What would you expect a coach to say? This guy sucks but I'm going to keep playing him because my boss said I have to? Guy would be fired at the end of the press conference.

No, I wouldn't expect him to say that. But there are coaches out there who don't have to resort to lying or being delusional when they are sitting on top of bad situations. Watch a Pete Carroll press conference to see how coaches can be more adroit in how they communicate.

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I don't see why Saleh has to coddle Zach.  He did it when they drafted him and the last two years until he had to pull him.  Maybe he should just say Zach is starting Sunday.  We are going to bring a veteran in and will see how it goes.  If Zach plays well you keep expanding the playbook.  

If Zach is going to be a starting NFL QB and there really isn't evidence he will be, he has to be treated like it's a competition until he just shows the team he's the man.  

Competition with who? The ball boy?  Wilson knows his career is on the line.  He is playing for his NFL future.

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I don't see why Saleh has to coddle Zach.  He did it when they drafted him and the last two years until he had to pull him.  Maybe he should just say Zach is starting Sunday.  We are going to bring a veteran in and will see how it goes.  If Zach plays well you keep expanding the playbook.  

If Zach is going to be a starting NFL QB and there really isn't evidence he will be, he has to be treated like it's a competition until he just shows the team he's the man.  

some animals are more equal than others

No, I wouldn't expect him to say that. But there are coaches out there who don't have to resort to lying or being delusional when they are sitting on top of bad situations. Watch a Pete Carroll press conference to see how coaches can be more adroit in how they communicate.
Except he is not lying

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

pete carroll?

carroll will say they feel good about a player the day after they amputate the player's foot 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Saleh has to save face for the sake of the team moving forward. He doesn’t publicly support Zach 100% today at the presser, then he has no team. He needs buy in both behind closed doors and publicly. Need to piece this together game by game, that’s what he’s paid and expected to do.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Competition with who? The ball boy?  Wilson knows his career is on the line.  He is playing for his NFL future.

There will be another QB on the roster this week.  That person will be able to start the following week.  Zach is starting Sunday.  That's all that needs to be said.  

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lets see how it goes fellas.  That is all we can do.

I am not expecting much on Sunday.  Maybe we will surprise.

Dallas has alot of false confidence from the Giants beatdown and now can easily look past us w/o rodgers.

You never know..................

Their dline is going to have a field tho 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

"We have a lot of faith in Zach" - So much faith he wouldn't let him throw the ball once in a crucial red zone situation at the end of the game. LIE

They previously let him audible to an endzone throw to Wilson that ended up as the tying TD.

Plus, tons of NFL coaches would not have thrown in that situation. You had to run the ball to force the Bills to burn their timeouts. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The Jets just beat the Bills with Zach Wilson playing just about the entire game and not preparing to play. So, the Jets will be a worse team after Wilson practices as the started and the game plan will be based on having Wilson as the starter? People make no sense and lack the ability to be objective about any subject that involves even one iota of emotion.

It's post like these that keep me sane in threads like this one where the takes are so absurdly ignorant and naive.

Well done sir!

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

With 5 days before Dallas, what is your plan? Zach is the only option right now until they can get a QB up to speed.

Obviously he has to start at Dallas. I suspect in that game when we score in the single digits the tune will change.

I would have preferred to hear "we'll explore all avenues to making this team a championship contender" vs. some "We're backing Zach" puff piece nonsense.

Enough protecting this guys ego. If we're going to acquiesce to star players, acquiesce to our actual stars -- to our stud WR and RB and defensive players who have had enough losing because of the QB position.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Obviously he has to start at Dallas. I suspect in that game when we score in the single digits the tune will change.

I would have preferred to hear "we'll explore all avenues to making this team a championship contender" vs. some "We're backing Zach" puff piece nonsense.

Enough protecting this guys ego. If we're going to acquiesce to star players, acquiesce to our actual stars -- to our stud WR and RB and defensive players who have had enough losing because of the QB position.

If you can't field a new QB right now, what is the harm in backing your guy?

It's not like saying anything today will prevent the Jets from exploring better options should the become available.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Forget Zach's ego.  Last year he's support of Zach split the team apart.  He can't let that happen again by going all in on Zach.  Zach will either swim or sink. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Biggs said:

Forget Zach's ego.  Last year he's support of Zach split the team apart.  He can't let that happen again by going all in on Zach.  Zach will either swim or sink. 

Again, what's the play right now? Zach is the QB for Dallas, throw all your chips behind him and make a move when/if you can afterwards.

• Upvote 3

Just now, bla bla bla said:

Again, what's the play right now? Zach is the QB for Dallas, throw all your chips behind him and make a move when/if you can afterwards.

That's right that's what you say.  Zach is starting against Dallas.  The end.  Not we have confidence in Zach, he's our guy.  He's starting Sunday.  He's starting Sunday is all Zach is entitled to as far as commitment.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2