Congrats to Xavier Gipson and Jordan Whitehead

Lith

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

He made the most of 9 snaps.  1 on offense and 8 on STs.  I would love to see them find ways to get the ball in his hands on offense, but for now, he is probably only a Special Teams contributor.  And that is fine for a rookie UDFA.

He sure gave us all a memorable moment on Monday night.

I think for the next few weeks, they will be running a lot of 2 TE sets, limiting options for the WR not named Lazard or Wilson.

• Upvote 1

A shame these types of positive news threads don't get more action.  I guess there's nothing to argue about :).

Our talent cupboard is so much more full than I can ever remember.  Great job by JD ... and Saleh, who said he expected Whitehead to be much better in year 2.  Let's hope his strong play continues! 

Man, the twitchiness of Gipson was so evident.  He was like a Latin dancer in overtime.  A couple smooth cuts that completely opened the field for him.  Our OC has to be looking at that and thinking how can we get him involved in the YAC game.

200.gif?cid=d9212ad9acyf730abfmxk1zsfxpi   

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

I think for the next few weeks, they will be running a lot of 2 TE sets, limiting options for the WR not named Lazard or Wilson.

Probably, but at the same time, I don't think we will be consistent enough on offense to grind out 12-15 play scoring drives on a regular basis.  If we can mix in some packages with Hardman and/or Gipson where we get the ball in their hands in space, maybe we can generate a few more big plays.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Good for them.  Well earned in both cases, especially Whiteheads amazing day.

Seems my discounting of Gipson as a meaningful contributor is already being proven deeply wrong.

The interesting thing to me about Whitehead is where was this ability last year.  He seemed to be exactly where he was supposed to be all day.  I wonder if it just took a year being here.  Who knows. 

6 hours ago, Lith said:

He made the most of 9 snaps.  1 on offense and 8 on STs.  I would love to see them find ways to get the ball in his hands on offense, but for now, he is probably only a Special Teams contributor.  And that is fine for a rookie UDFA.

He sure gave us all a memorable moment on Monday night.

In one game he did more on STs than Berrious ever did for us.