Zach Hit by Water Bottle From Fans?

Warfish

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Video shows the guy who did it pretty clearly and where he was sitting.  White guy, white/greenish shirt, next to a guy in what looks like either a black Jets #1 (Sauce) Jersey. 

Just pause the video and look for yourself.

Here is our guy, mid throw, bottle in right hand at bottom of pic:

ZachBottleGuy.jpg.84a91cb53ae6043e8c57825399fb739a.jpg

I think it was Jets on Jets violence.

@kevinc855

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Video shows the guy who did it pretty clearly and where he was sitting.  White guy, white/greenish shirt, next to a guy in what looks like either a black Jets #1 (Sauce) Jersey. 

Just pause the video and look for yourself.

Here is our guy, mid throw, bottle in right hand at bottom of pic:

ZachBottleGuy.jpg.84a91cb53ae6043e8c57825399fb739a.jpg

I think it was Jets on Jets violence.

Next time he sits between the two of us. He throws a bottle, we throw him? 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

Lisa seems a lot more upset than Zack is

Yes, Zach crying to the media after getting hit in the head with a water bottle would be an excellent PR move for him. Get the fans loving him even more! I imagine he’s probably not happy with mom right now. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Yes, Zach crying to the media after getting hit in the head with a water bottle would be an excellent PR move for him. Get the fans loving him even more! I imagine he’s probably not happy with mom right now. 

After watching the hit Zach put on Milano after the pick, he's pretty but he's a tough little prick. He'd kick that dudes ass, coward move. 

• Sympathy 1

Was the bottle empty or filled?

Must really add to your street cred and respect in the locker room when your mom has to stick up for you on the Insta over something like that. 

If he did get hit by a projectile, it's an unfortunate thing but unless he was actually injured by it, why bring it to the public's attention?  She's not doing Zach any favors with this.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Physics contradicts this account by Zach’s mom.

Let me reconstruct the event she’s describing because I’ve heard this being talked about all day.

According to her story, Zach was walking off the field and he was struck by a water bottle on the head. The water bottle then ricochet, hit him on the chest, then turned around, paused mid air mind you, hit him on the back of the leg before landing on the floor.

That is one magical bottle.

Best attempt at the Keith Hernandez spitting incident.

All kidding aside, that’s messed up. Could have been a Bills fans. Either way, fans can act stupid sometimes.

No justification buy its' MNF.

I was at the Bills-Jets MNF game in 1988 when they tried to burn down the stadium with the free Campbell Soup hats they gave everybody walking into the game.  The fights that night were so viscous, the players turned around and looked into the stands at one point to watch them.

• En Fuego 1

48 minutes ago, slats said:

This would be an example of why I strongly dislike the piling on of Jets players by so-called Jets fans. Whether it’s Zach or Becton or someone else, these are not only (often very young) human beings with human emotions, but members of the NY Jets, too. They feel it, and it affects them negatively - on and off the field. Zach was thrust into an impossible position Monday night and won. This particular fan is a c-word. 

/soapbox

Well, of all the things I didn't think we "Zach pragmatists" get blamed for today is dipsh*ts throwing water bottles at him after a win.

Yup.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Well, of all the things I didn't think we "Zach pragmatists" get blamed for today is dipsh*ts throwing water bottles at him after a win.

Yup.

Wow, dry those eyes, tough guy. 

When Becton shows up to the podium wearing a “Big Bust” t-shirt, it’s pretty obvious that all the talk on Twitter, TV, radio, and groups like this have an impact. There are subgroups of fans who relish in the hate, and that creates little internet mobsters. What do you think? I suspect this (bottle) tosser has tweeted, posted, and/or called in to celebrate his Zach anger more than a few times before this incident. I’m sure he thought he was super cool and hilarious. I hope he’s banned from the stadium. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, slats said:

Wow, dry those eyes, tough guy.

Were never wet my friend.  

34 minutes ago, slats said:

When Becton shows up to the podium wearing a “Big Bust” t-shirt, it’s pretty obvious that all the talk on Twitter, TV, radio, and groups like this have an impact. There are subgroups of fans who relish in the hate, and that creates little internet mobsters. What do you think? I suspect this (bottle) tosser has tweeted, posted, and/or called in to celebrate his Zach anger more than a few times before this incident. I’m sure he thought he was super cool and hilarious. I hope he’s banned from the stadium. 

This isn't a collective guilt.  This is an individual guilt.  One arsehole did one arsehole thing because he is, in fact, ARSEHOLE.

His actions have absolutely nothing to do with any other person other than the person who did it.

Effectively you're rolling out the worn old trope of collective guilt, blaming all people who hold opinion X for the actions of one dickhead who might also hold opinion X. This kind of thinks has long ago been relegated to the woodpile of invalid rhetorical oversimplification and generalization. 

If anything more general is at play here, this represents the overall decline of civility in our country, as evidenced by several other famous artists who have been assaulted at concerts by similar bottle throwing morons.  And amazingly, none of those other victims has anything to do with pro- or con- views on Zach Wilson.

I too hope he is banned, for life, from the stadium, and that he is ostracized from our fanbase.  A Jets fan excommunication (we might be doing him a favor, now that I think about it.....lol).

Believe in Zach or not, there is never cause for fans to assault players, on either team.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Were never wet my friend.  

This isn't a collective guilt.  This is an individual guilt.  One arsehole did one arsehole thing because he is, in fact, ARSEHOLE.

His actions have absolutely nothing to do with any other person other than the person who did it.

Effectively you're rolling out the worn old trope of collective guilt, blaming all people who hold opinion X for the actions of one dickhead who might also hold opinion X. This kind of thinks has long ago been relegated to the woodpile of invalid rhetorical oversimplification and generalization. 

If anything more general is at play here, this represents the overall decline of civility in our country, as evidenced by several other famous artists who have been assaulted at concerts by similar bottle throwing morons.  And amazingly, none of those other victims has anything to do with pro- or con- views on Zach Wilson.

I too hope he is banned, for life, from the stadium, and that he is ostracized from our fanbase.  A Jets fan excommunication (we might be doing him a favor, now that I think about it.....lol).

Believe in Zach or not, there is never cause for fans to assault players, on either team.

There is no underestimating the stupidity of humans in groups. 

I don’t know why you get so sensitive. The “Zach pragmatists,” lol. There is ferocious hate for this 24-year-old kid. It’s available here, Twitter, Facebook and probably at the stadium… or do you disagree?  

I’m not accusing you. Don’t know why you get this defensive. When I posted that, I thought we were in agreement. Oh well. There’s no doubt in my mind that this guy felt positively reinforced by the negative vitriol on the internet -that he has almost certainly been a part of- to pull this crap. He believed he was a hero to other arseholes. I’d post the famous meme, but you won’t change my mind. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1