Zach Hit by Water Bottle From Fans?

Warfish

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Video shows the guy who did it pretty clearly and where he was sitting.  White guy, white/greenish shirt, next to a guy in what looks like either a black Jets #1 (Sauce) Jersey. 

Just pause the video and look for yourself.

Here is our guy, mid throw, bottle in right hand at bottom of pic:

ZachBottleGuy.jpg.84a91cb53ae6043e8c57825399fb739a.jpg

I think it was Jets on Jets violence.

He looks like the kind of douche that would throw a bottle.

2 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

And who wants a spanking from Zac's Mommy?

Zach Wilson's mom expresses her displeasure after Jets QB gets hit with water bottle

Wilson helped guide the Jets to a win over the Buffalo Bills

New York Jets quarterback Zach Wilson had a water bottle thrown at him as he walked off of the field at MetLife Stadium Monday night following the team’s overtime win against the Buffalo Bills.

His mother, Lisa, was not happy about it.

The bottle incident was shown during Scott Van Pelt’s portion of the postgame show on ESPN after the "Monday Night Football" broadcast. Wilson had a touchdown pass in the win, as he was thrust into the game following Aaron Rodgers’ injury.

Zach Wilson thumbs up

Zach Wilson, #2 of the New York Jets, reacts as he checks in to the first quarter of the NFL game against the Buffalo Bills at MetLife Stadium on Sept. 11, 2023 in East Rutherford, New Jersey. (Mike Stobe/Getty Images)

Lisa Wilson went on her Instagram Stories to express her displeasure.

"That happened after they won the game," she wrote. "Hit him right in the head. Awesome."

Lisa Wilson recapped the night from her car earlier in the day. She said she did not expect her son to be put into the game and was thankful for having a superstar like Rodgers to help guide her son.

"I thought this was going to be a year of development and growing and learning and we were all going to get to sit and watch this amazing connection that Zach and Aaron have, which Aaron has been so, so good to Zach, and he has been just really such an amazing support and just holding his hand through all of it, and he’s been learning so much and that quickly came to an end," she said.

NFL LEGEND JOE THEISMANN TALKS AARON RODGERS INJURY, ZACH WILSON'S CHANCE TO SHINE

"My heart breaks for Aaron because I know how much he loves this game and Zach went in there like literally he hadn’t really played all week and he had to get up and he had to do it and he had to play hard and I am so, so proud of him."

Zach Wilson celebrates

Zach Wilson, #2 of the New York Jets, reacts as he walks off the field following a 22-16 overtime victory against the Buffalo Bills in the NFL game at MetLife Stadium on Sept. 11, 2023 in East Rutherford, New Jersey. (New Jersey. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

Lisa Wilson added that being a mother of athletes was "really stressful."

"The bottom line is our main job as a mother, as a parent, is to support them and to love them and to comfort them and let them know that no matter what, they have a No. 1 fan."

Jets head coach Robert Saleh said Wilson will be the starting quarterback moving forward despite swirling rumors of the team looking to add a veteran to the roster.

"We are going to look through some things, but I do want to make it very clear: Zach’s our quarterback," Saleh said. "We’ve got a lot of faith in Zach. We’re really excited about his opportunity, but we’re rolling with Zach and excited for this and excited for him."

Zach Wilson and his family

BYU’s Zach Wilson, center, is selected by the New York Jets in the NFL Draft with the 2nd overall pick. (Jaren Wilkey/BYU)

I DO, I DO!

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, slats said:

There is no underestimating the stupidity of humans in groups. 

I don’t know why you get so sensitive. The “Zach pragmatists,” lol. There is ferocious hate for this 24-year-old kid.

Now who is being a drama queen.  :rolleyes:

"Zach threw a bad pass."

"WHY DO YOU FERROCIOUSLY HATE HIM SO MUUUUUUUUCH!!!!! BOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Seriously.

It’s available here, Twitter, Facebook and probably at the stadium… or do you disagree?

There is bad attitude about literally every single thing and every single topic on X and Facebook.  Zach is neither unique or particularly special in that regard.  Maybe don't judge us all by the poop on X?

I’m not accusing you. Don’t know why you get this defensive.

Well, if I follow your logic, I am defensive because this claim that what we post on the interwebs critical of Zach leads to assault of Zach via water bottle, then what you post on the internet will lead to abuse of posters like me for our "ferocious Zach hate" if/when we reference his poor production and play quality. 

When I posted that, I thought we were in agreement. Oh well. There’s no doubt in my mind that this guy felt positively reinforced by the negative vitriol on the internet -that he has almost certainly been a part of- to pull this crap. He believed he was a hero to other arseholes. I’d post the famous meme, but you won’t change my mind. 

We are in agreement on the fundamentals:  Fans should never, ever throw objects at players, and those who do should face lifetime bans from the stadium.

We don't agree about Zach critics online being the reason this dick did what he did.

One might wonder how drunk he was, as a starting point.  Maybe, and this is just a thought, the vast quantities of alcohol available and happily provided by tailgating and the Jets own concessions miiiiiiight just play a part in events like this, more so that posts critical of Zach's completion percentage.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

According to his Mom (of course)?

First I'm hearing about this, has anyone else seen/heard this?

Article:  https://www.foxnews.com/sports/zach-wilsons-mom-expresses-her-displeasure-jets-qb-gets-hit-water-bottle

Zach Wilson's mom expresses her displeasure after Jets QB gets hit with water bottle

By Ryan Gaydos Fox News
Published September 13, 2023 8:40am EDT

New York Jets quarterback Zach Wilson had a water bottle thrown at him as he walked off of the field at MetLife Stadium Monday night following the team’s overtime win against the Buffalo Bills.

The bottle incident was shown during Scott Van Pelt’s portion of the postgame show on ESPN after the "Monday Night Football" broadcast. Wilson had a touchdown pass in the win, as he was thrust into the game following Aaron Rodgers’ injury.

"That happened after they won the game," she wrote. "Hit him right in the head. Awesome."

Lisa Wilson recapped the night from her car earlier in the day. She said she did not expect her son to be put into the game and was thankful for having a superstar like Rodgers to help guide her son.

"I thought this was going to be a year of development and growing and learning and we were all going to get to sit and watch this amazing connection that Zach and Aaron have, which Aaron has been so, so good to Zach, and he has been just really such an amazing support and just holding his hand through all of it, and he’s been learning so much and that quickly came to an end," she said.

"My heart breaks for Aaron because I know how much he loves this game and Zach went in there like literally he hadn’t really played all week and he had to get up and he had to do it and he had to play hard and I am so, so proud of him."

"The bottom line is our main job as a mother, as a parent, is to support them and to love them and to comfort them and let them know that no matter what, they have a No. 1 fan."

Jets head coach Robert Saleh said Wilson will be the starting quarterback moving forward despite swirling rumors of the team looking to add a veteran to the roster.

"We are going to look through some things, but I do want to make it very clear: Zach’s our quarterback," Saleh said. "We’ve got a lot of faith in Zach. We’re really excited about his opportunity, but we’re rolling with Zach and excited for this and excited for him."

I've never really commented on Zachs attention-whore mother, but she should take a break right about now. Go back to Utah. Seriously. 

You aren't helping your baby boy at all with sh*t like this. 

We want to like the kid, he seems like a good dude. Unfortunately,  you ARENT LIKEABLE, Mrs. Wilson. Go home.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We don't agree about Zach critics online being the reason this dick did what he did.

Honestly, this is not understanding the world we live in. Maybe he would’ve without the internet, maybe he wouldn’t’ve. If I were a betting man, tho, I’d wager heavily that he is a frequent contributor and consumer of Jets social media, with a particular fondness for a certain subset thereof. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I've never really commented on Zachs attention-whore mother, but she should take a break right about now. Go back to Utah. Seriously. 

We want to like the kid, he seems like a good dude. Unfortunately,  you ARENT LIKEABLE, Mrs. Wilson. Go home.

I’d imagine she’s a big reason why Wilson is always in Utah. Stunting his career. Women documents her whole life on social media. Sucks for Zach honestly.

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

This happens all the time, but there really isn't any good reason for this. 

I would like to see people who do this prosecuted for a crime (assault? I'm not a lawyer). This sort of behavior REALLY needs to be discouraged. 

I'd rather they get a solid punch in the face.  Instant justice.

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Was the bottle empty or filled?

Must really add to your street cred and respect in the locker room when your mom has to stick up for you on the Insta over something like that. 

If he did get hit by a projectile, it's an unfortunate thing but unless he was actually injured by it, why bring it to the public's attention?  She's not doing Zach any favors with this.

Street cred?  Really?  She's his mom.  For F sake.  Have a snack.  

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I’d imagine she’s a big reason why Wilson is always in Utah. Stunting his career. Women documents her whole life on social media. Sucks for Zach honestly.

That's neither here nor there... but I'm a bit confused as to whether you're endorsing that guy's extremely jackass take on Zach Wilson's mom being upset about her son getting pelted with a water bottle?  Lol

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

That's neither here nor there... but I'm a bit confused as to whether you're endorsing that guy's extremely jackass take on Zach Wilson's mom being upset about her son getting pelted with a water bottle?  Lol

Taking it to social media is looney tunes. He’s an adult.

11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I kind of like a mom stepping up to protect her son from a dumb ass fan.   

3 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

New York Jets quarterback Zach Wilson had a water bottle thrown at him as he walked off of the field at MetLife Stadium Monday night following the team’s overtime win against the Buffalo Bills.

The bottle incident was shown during Scott Van Pelt’s portion of the postgame show on ESPN after the "Monday Night Football" broadcast. Wilson had a touchdown pass in the win, as he was thrust into the game following Aaron Rodgers’ injury.

Zach Wilson thumbs up

Zach Wilson, #2 of the New York Jets, reacts as he checks in to the first quarter of the NFL game against the Buffalo Bills at MetLife Stadium on Sept. 11, 2023 in East Rutherford, New Jersey. (Mike Stobe/Getty Images)

NFL LEGEND JOE THEISMANN TALKS AARON RODGERS INJURY, ZACH WILSON'S CHANCE TO SHINE

Zach Wilson celebrates

Zach Wilson, #2 of the New York Jets, reacts as he walks off the field following a 22-16 overtime victory against the Buffalo Bills in the NFL game at MetLife Stadium on Sept. 11, 2023 in East Rutherford, New Jersey. (New Jersey. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

Jets head coach Robert Saleh said Wilson will be the starting quarterback moving forward despite swirling rumors of the team looking to add a veteran to the roster.

Zach Wilson and his family

BYU’s Zach Wilson, center, is selected by the New York Jets in the NFL Draft with the 2nd overall pick. (Jaren Wilkey/BYU)

spank season 2 GIF by Blunt Talk

44 minutes ago, slats said:

There is no underestimating the stupidity of humans in groups. 

I don’t know why you get so sensitive. The “Zach pragmatists,” lol. There is ferocious hate for this 24-year-old kid. It’s available here, Twitter, Facebook and probably at the stadium… or do you disagree?  

I’m not accusing you. Don’t know why you get this defensive. When I posted that, I thought we were in agreement. Oh well. There’s no doubt in my mind that this guy felt positively reinforced by the negative vitriol on the internet -that he has almost certainly been a part of- to pull this crap. He believed he was a hero to other arseholes. I’d post the famous meme, but you won’t change my mind. 

Maybe you should start a thread openly bashing all the “Zach meanies” here and threaten to ban us so this never happens again.

oh wait

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

This happens all the time, but there really isn't any good reason for this. 

I would like to see people who do this prosecuted for a crime (assault? I'm not a lawyer). This sort of behavior REALLY needs to be discouraged. 

Maybe they should place a canopy at the entrance/exit, or a security guard watch keeping an eye on the crowd.

17 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I don't know, on this one singular issue (bottle throw) I think she's 100% right.  Almost everything else she's said, not so much, and her social media "look at me, I'm a Tiger Mom" thing, definitely not.  Sign of the times tho, I guess.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, slats said:

Honestly, this is not understanding the world we live in. Maybe he would’ve without the internet, maybe he wouldn’t’ve.

Pretty sure people did dickish things, like throwing stuff onto football fields or at players, before the internet existed.

21 minutes ago, slats said:

If I were a betting man, tho, I’d wager heavily that he is a frequent contributor and consumer of Jets social media, with a particular fondness for a certain subset thereof. 

So what?  So are you.  You planning something we should know about?

If anything, again, he was likely drunk.  Want to ban tailgating w/ alcohol and any alcohol in the stadium, because that would solve soooooo many problems.

Or perhaps the problem is self-reinforcing echo chambers people often put themselves in online, leading to a total intolerance of opposing or alternate viewpoints and leading to more and more extreme positions?  Maybe that's part of the problem too.

Ultimately, I just think you're original premise "Critical Zach posters" are equivalent to the "ferocious hate" you see on X and the like and caused this assault, well, I think that's misguided. 

Happy to agree to disagree rather than belabor this for hours.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

Honestly, this is not understanding the world we live in. Maybe he would’ve without the internet, maybe he wouldn’t’ve. If I were a betting man, tho, I’d wager heavily that he is a frequent contributor and consumer of Jets social media, with a particular fondness for a certain subset thereof. 

So now cynical Jets fans are responsible for some drunken doosh tossing a water bottle at a game. That’s almost as brain dead as blaming fans who say mean stuff on the Internet for Zach sucking as a football player.

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

So now cynical Jets fans are responsible for some drunken doosh tossing a water bottle at a game. That’s almost as brain dead as blaming fans who say mean stuff on the Internet for Zach sucking as a football player.

Positive vibes only.

Good job on not using gendered language though.