Cimini: Locker room is grumbling about Wilson, team is close to imploding

T0mShane

35 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I thought about this and I'm not so sure.  Another losing season and Woody will have to make a sacrifice to keep the planes with banners grounded.  If Hackett is untouchable with Rodgers coming back, who's getting thrown into the volcano?  

I mean, the planes and banners are coming, and soon. That’s not an “end of season” thing. We’ll find out Woody’s tolerance for that in short order.

• Upvote 1

https://l.smartnews.com/p-jUjUS/ens3PH

Evan: Aaron Rodgers will become latest New York mercenary to jump ship

Evan believes Rodgers will watch the Jets season go up in flames around Zach Wilson, and see teammates bark at each other on the sidelines like they did on Sunday, and see the fanbase erupt in anger at another lost season, and decide he would be better off ending his career elsewhere.

“I’m just reading the room. When this Jets season continues to go upside down and backwards, and worse than he could imagine, and the locker room is lost, you are being naïve if you think this guy has any loyalty to us,” Evan said. “He is just like James Harden, he is just like Max Scherzer, he is just like Kevin Durant, and he is just like Justin Verlander. At the first sign of adversity, what these mercenaries do, is they quit.”

🍿🍿🍿

11 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Evan believes Rodgers will watch the Jets season go up in flames around Zach Wilson, and see teammates bark at each other on the sidelines like they did on Sunday, and see the fanbase erupt in anger at another lost season, and decide he would be better off ending his career elsewhere.

“I’m just reading the room. When this Jets season continues to go upside down and backwards, and worse than he could imagine, and the locker room is lost, you are being naïve if you think this guy has any loyalty to us,” Evan said. “He is just like James Harden, he is just like Max Scherzer, he is just like Kevin Durant, and he is just like Justin Verlander. At the first sign of adversity, what these mercenaries do, is they quit.”

🍿🍿🍿

Lol! “Evan”

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

🍿🍿🍿

The funniest outcome is the Jets trading for Cousins who takes the Jets to the AFC championship game, which annoys Rodgers to the degree that Rodgers soft-retires and ends up signing with the Vikings out of spite, exactly mirroring the Favre Cycle. 

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The funniest outcome is the Jets trading for Cousins who takes the Jets to the AFC championship game, which annoys Rodgers to the degree that Rodgers soft-retires and ends up signing with the Vikings out of spite, exactly mirroring the Favre Cycle. 

He was never not becoming a Viking. Jets history has a bizarre way of haunting us. 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I literally gasped when I read this. Holy god.

If they were going to feature the RPO, they could just sign Wentz, who ran the RPO like a boss with the Eagles. I’m sure they’re grasping at straws trying to stitch together five or six plays Wilson won’t sh*t his pants running, but burning the offense to the ground three weeks in to accommodate Wilson’s lack of ability. What happened to all those glowing reports from the summer about how great Zach looked in this system? 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, doitny said:

yep, we are all going to regret this. we should have got Carr.

Yes, many of us preferred Carr. Would not have cost picks, younger. Could have still drafted a young QB to groom while Carr hopefully could have at least brought the team back to respectability. JD/Woody gambled big and lost big. Team is back to being a national laughingstock. This is only week 3. The pain is only just starting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

How can you run an RPO offense with a QB who is deathly afraid of any contact? Wilson doesn't like to get hit and runs away at the hint of danger. 

Yeah, the QB at least has to present the threat of keeping the ball on an RPO. Either way, it subjects Wilson to a pretty good beating on the edge. Gonna guess the version they’ll run ends up looking like a bunch of extended handoffs and bubble screens that go nowhere.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, the QB at least has to present the threat of keeping the ball on an RPO. Either way, it subjects Wilson to a pretty good beating on the edge. Gonna guess the version they’ll run ends up looking like a bunch of extended handoffs and bubble screens that go nowhere.

He looked pretty good running against a good Dallas D ,just saying. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/26/2023 at 9:18 PM, derp said:

But 7-7 or 8-6 down the stretch?

Wholeheartedly agree with Cimini on the last sentence of the last paragraph. This falls on Douglas. Saleh is taking more heat, and is absolutely flawed as a head coach, but Douglas is the guy who failed the players on this year’s roster.

Jets jumped all the way to Pick 7 on PFN’s draft machine. Dropped to a six-win projection in Austin Mock’s (The Athletic) model. At Pick 11 on PFF’s mocks. 

Star Trek GIF

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jetluv58 said:

I guess the worry is, Will acquiring Kirk Cousins upset Rodgers. 

who cares 58, we only have him (IF he plays) for 2 seasons, and maybe having a guy who knows the game and what he's looking at out there may even help him see things in a way that he doesn't. It's called having some humility

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jets jumped all the way to Pick 7 on PFN’s draft machine. Dropped to a six-win projection in Austin Mock’s (The Athletic) model. At Pick 11 on PFF’s mocks. 

Star Trek GIF

We’ll see how it plays out, but I think an important layer here is that that usually this happens for the Jets when the draft doesn’t line up with needs and this year the tippy top of the draft is all franchise cornerstone type offensive players.

And if the morale is truly as bad as it seems, it’s a great time for them to reset and pitch GM and HC candidates on taking over a roster with a top five pick, Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall, AVT, Sauce, Q, a bunch of other nice defensive pieces.

Rodgers is either a fly in the ointment there or helps really sell it. He’s an asset if he steps into the right role.

I don’t know if I’ve pieced all of this together for myself before, but I believe that at least to some extent the Jets continue to have bad coaches and GM’s because the job always sucks by the time they fire someone so they consistently pull in the third to sixth best candidate any given cycle - and surprisingly that guy doesn’t move the needle in a positive way. Then he fails and the merry go round continues.

I’d love for them to not give these guys every last inch of leeway to prove without a shadow of the doubt that they can’t do the job. This team is completely reeling, it falls on both to some extent, and they’ve made mistakes before. Cut bait while you can still sell the jobs and not after they’ve spent multiple years destroying future assets trying to get off the hot seat.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1