Zach make Joe eat his words

Bronx

15 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Anyone who thinks what Namath last week is wrong is a fool.  Zach had one good game.  He played well, he also had a critical turnover and a real slow start.

If his play dips next week we are back to where we were.

And if Namath had half a brain, which I am sure he does, as a fan he should walk back what he said.  JMO

• Upvote 1

He said nothing last week and this week that dozens haven't said and walked back on this site yesterday and today. That interview was great.  He nailed it last week and he nailed it again today.  For an 80 year old man who was hard on his body, he is sharp.  That was an enjoyable interview and a fun listen. He was honest and accurate.  He said he was a fan and spoke as a fan and as a knowledgeable HOF player.  Wilson has been horribly bad for 30 some odd games, but was good yesterday. He needs to continue to play like he did or yesterday was just a blip.  I'm not sure why anyone would find fault with what he said. He is priceless.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, greenwave81 said:

And if Namath had half a brain, which I am sure he does, as a fan he should walk back what he said.  JMO

Why?

If Zach sucks at Denver and this turns out to be a fluke game, which it most likely will be, his statements remain appropriate.

Besides, he said Zach played well.  It’s not like he doubled down on his bashing.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Anyone who thinks what Namath last week is wrong is a fool.  Zach had one good game.  He played well, he also had a critical turnover and a real slow start.

Zach had 2 good drives.  Rest of the game was the same ol stuff

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Zach had 2 good drives.  Rest of the game was the same ol stuff

When the QB has been so awful anything that is competent seems like a great showing, he played much better but lets be real here!..........The D gets 2 turnovers and the offense still only puts up 18 points........You would think that it was a game for the ages.......Hope this is a turning point for Zach but not convinced it is.....

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Namath said it was time to "get rid of Zach" he's seen enough. well clearly he is wrong. You don't cut the number 2 pick under the circumstances Zach has had to deal with since day 1 for him.

I don't know how this will turn out but I am all for giving him a chance to develop before you pull the plug.

So yes Namath was wrong and people who have no patience and refuse to accept that Zach has made progress they are the ones who are FOOLS.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

10 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

it's not like they're making a bust for him in canton.  let's see more.  i think he has really showed improvement over last season so i am hopeful he will continue to do do good things.  but it's also like the whole team responded to all of the criticism.

2 hours ago, Jetfuel66 said:

Namath said it was time to "get rid of Zach" he's seen enough. well clearly he is wrong. You don't cut the number 2 pick under the circumstances Zach has had to deal with since day 1 for him.

I don't know how this will turn out but I am all for giving him a chance to develop before you pull the plug.

So yes Namath was wrong and people who have no patience and refuse to accept that Zach has made progress they are the ones who are FOOLS.

Wayyyy to early to tell who is right or wrong. 1 good game after really bad games for 2+ doesn’t swing the gauge that much. Glad to see it for once.. But he is going to have to play well in 80% of his games at least. The problem is this is already yr 3 and this league is unforgiving for slow learners at the qb level. Looking forward to Denver.. 

6 hours ago, Jetfuel66 said:

If by the end of the season Zach has played a majority of it like he did against the Chiefs, fine.  But you are comparing 1 average to above average game to 2 years of team-crippling play.

Zach has had 2 years to develop.  If Zach sucks against Denver again and the rest of the season, you still would think Namath was wrong?