--- Jets vs Broncos # The Game Thread ---

Robert

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

When they’re as f**king stupid as Zach’s are you bet.  You’re lucky I’m not counting his shenanigans at the end of the half as a turnover.  Because in essence…it was. 

But it wasn't. He had 1 turnover today. He was far from the worst player on the field (Mosley) despite half of this board acting like it. 

If you're counting almost turnovers you have to count almost completions too. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Flightattendant said:

But it wasn't. He had 1 turnover today. He was far from the worst player on the field (Mosley) despite half of this board acting like it. 

If you're counting almost turnovers you have to count almost completions too. 

No I don’t.  He fumbled the ball twice.  That’s not the same as ripping on a WR for not making an acrobatic catch on yet another one of his misplaced passes.  

The fact that we recovered the fumbles doesn’t cover his a$$ from criticism for fumbling in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You fan your way.  We’ll fan ours.  

Suffice it to say we’ve seen this before.  Like, I dunno, LAST YEAR.  Except we were 5-2 prior to the meltdown as opposed to 2-3.  

The 70% completion percentage games for Zach were rampant last year. 

Again for you simpletons:  Bears fans should, and do, feel much differently about Fields throwing for 9.6 YPA in a blowout win over these very Broncos than we should about Zach’s 6.9 YPA in a defense/running game-fueled ugly win against the same team.  

They are not the same things even if you delusional homers want to squint really hard and say they are.  

This game just proved how bad a coach Saleh is. They were sloppy, unprepared, and had stupid penalties. They have a much better roster than Denver and should have won this game against the worst defense in the league and it should not have been this close. He is a terrible coach that talks a good game and some people buy into it.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Again for you simpletons:  Bears fans should, and do, feel much differently about Fields throwing for 9.6 YPA in a blowout WIN over these very Broncos  

Confused Thinking GIF

Fields had a great first half but threw that game away in the 4th quarter with a brutal pick 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For a blistering 6.0 YPA babyyyy

I thought the claim was this is the same performance we saw last year? Also I’m seeing 7.7 YPA for this game. So 70% completion and 7.7 ypa? Serviceable QBing in a game where the team ran for 200.

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Who’s we? The anti-Zachers? 
I’m neither anti or pro Zach.

I think most , even here, are happy with today’s win.

I’m happy with how roughly 40 guys on the team performed (sans Dalvin, Mosley, Gipson).  I hate that the one player at the one position that will derail our season couldn’t build on the KC game at all and can’t be trusted whatsoever going forward.  

I also hate that JD seemingly has no plans or incentive to add to the QB room in a meaningful way.  Todays win made that even less likely, I imagine.  

46 minutes ago, Wit said:

You get a subpar zach performance and a win, what more can you ask for as a hater? emoji13.png

47 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Quincy is having a hell of a year, but dude needs to stop with the self-celebrating mid-play BS.  First dancing around while the Broncos are into hurry up and then flexing while there's still a live ball.  Thankfully neither burned the Jets but both were really stupid.

Doesn't take away from his play either time, but those can burn you too.

[Direction] Stage whisper; *"He's not bright"*

End scene. 

14 minutes ago, usapaw said:

Imagine the same three ZW haters chiming in?  I don't like the kid, so far, but he did OK.  You have to catch that ball if you are a #1 WR. 

If you think there's only 3 who aren't fans, you must be mistaking a lot of folks around here for each other.

Didn't realize it was so hateful to not excuse someone for throwing a pick to the side that a defender had the leverage, rather than the side a receiver had leverage.  I mean, it's not like former NFL QB Matt Ryan called that out as on Zach as it happened or anything.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Crazy. Our defense is schizophrenic. After giving up the late TD and 2pt conversion to (almost) lose the game, Saleh's vaunted pass rush strips the ball and DJ Reed's replacement scoops it up for 7 and the win. Dang! Can't make this sh*t up!

Hey, was that ANOTHER dropped int by Sauce on that Hail Mary? My streaming service didn't show any replays. Not mad at him, but jeez....woulda been nice to hang a INT on Payton and his $100M QB as time expired! Cherry on top.

But I'm on cloud 9 for a bit longer....

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Confused Thinking GIF

Fields had a great first half but threw that game away in the 4th quarter with a brutal pick 

Whatever I was conflating the Washington game.  Point still stands.  Bears fans should feel better about that loss than we do about this win.  Especially since Fields actually BUILT on it the next week.  

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The mission was to not let Payton get away with sh*tting on Hackett and they at least did that. Next week, keep it close against the Eagles, get into the BYE, and decide whether or not they want to compete for a playoff spot. If they want to compete, they should address two things at the break:

1. Go get a QB. Zach is worth negative points to this offense, and he’s choking the life out of the team. The Vikings are 1-4. Make that call. If not, you heard Matt Ryan talking about what ails the Jets today and he pointed the finger directly at the QB spot. Matt Ryan sucks, but even putting a neutral value guy behind center is better than what we have now. Stop ******* around with this. 

2. CJ Mosely has to be in a rotation at MLB, and should never be on the field on 3rd and >2. What ever happened to the Jamien Sherwood project? Maybe let Amos play that nickel LB spot? 

Zach is Steve Bartkowski (who???) and the Jets defense is Atlanta's vaunted "gritz blitz" defense back in the 70's. They would go 8-8 but could never make the playoffs. That's who the Jets are right now. No, that isn't true. Bartkowski was a legitimate NFL QB. Leeman Bennett was a legitimate NFL HC. Competition in the arena was like a crucible back then. The guys who played in the 70's and 80's have to be laughing at the disgusting sh*tfest that we just witnessed this late afternoon, evening. Overall, coaching and the QB position is subpar, because the NFL has way too many teams. So as an owner, you can accumulate great players for a bargain (rookie contracts) and be "competitive" (I use that term loosely). But if your coaching staff is sh*t, and especially if your QB is sh*t, you might still be competitive, but you're always gonna be an also ran. You can make a fortune in the NFL as an "also ran". Alot of NFL owners know this. 

If Woody Johnson is serious about this season, Zach gets replaced by Trevor Siemian against the Eagles next week. 

You are not getting a fluke win against the Eagles with Number 2 at QB like the Jets did today against Denver. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Again for you simpletons:  Bears fans should, and do, feel much differently about Fields throwing for 9.6 YPA in a blowout win over these very Broncos than we should about Zach’s 6.9 YPA in a defense/running game-fueled ugly win against the same team.  

They are not the same things even if you delusional homers want to squint really hard and say they are.  

Didn’t Fields fumble 6 for the loss?

Bottom line, We had the better Wilson on the field today. Russell Wilson is a shell of his former self. Talk about holding the ball too long lol. We have a stud RB, stud WR (guarded by the one of the leagues top CBs today) Plus our Defense and ST are outstanding. The safety was due to our punter, two straight weeks. Our QB needs to manage the game. He did so, for the most part, today. But this is the NFL. He isn’t going to be perfect. Next week should be interesting.