Probability of a trade skyrocketed today ..

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

The Giants had 203 rushing yards yesterday.  The Jets D also showed themselves to have a lack of discipline that was borderline class clownish.  

The Giants are 32 in yards and points.  They are also a mediocre defense but it’s substantially better than their O.

Lack of discipline fine, but rushing yards?  C'mon.  Yeah, they had 203 yard on 468 carries.   A big chunk of their rush yards were Taylor, Wandale and Devito.  The team had a big run stuffer that has played sparingly that they got just for games like this.  He tore his achilles early on.  The Giants RBs still had a miserable day.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

That was 59 minutes of the most inept football Ive seen in a long time. We struggled against a 2nd and 3rd stringer. 

The Jets couldn't run against their defense with a 3rd and 4th stringer at center and guard.

And they ran the ball 18 times for 33 yards at a staggering 1.8 YPC, not counting Zach's scrambles. 

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Right.  I’m not saying Zach isn’t an issue.  We knew going into this game that he was.  What I’m saying is that he is not the only issue and there are, arguably, bigger concerns that will doom this team.

I agree the undisciplined crap is a big problem but having the QB be an issue every game is the biggest problem. 

What will it take to get it through your brains that we're not making another move at QB this season?! It's getting obnoxious now.....

With that being said we almost have to make a move for an OL, just out of necessity. A WR2 seems like a move we need as well but I don't see that happening either. 

Like I said a few weeks ago, a lot of you are setting yourselves up to be disappointed at the deadline when we don't do anything but get a depth guy for the OL....

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And it’s not sustainable.  Zach blows.  We knew that going into the game.  The lack of another threat at WR, depth on the O-Line, and discipline from the defense is going to catch up to us.

Tommy Devito “led” a TD drive because Quincy Williams bashed a guy in the back of the head for no reason and Jermaine Johnson garnered another “unsportsmanlike” penalty that he won’t be disciplined for by this coaching staff.

This game never has a chance to be won if Tyrod Taylor doesn’t get knocked out.

And who’s ultimately responsible for this? The infallible Joe D

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

I agree the undisciplined crap is a big problem but having the QB be an issue every game is the biggest problem. 

Levis throws more td passes in his first nfl game than wilson has all year and we wonder why we can’t win games.  I’d be very surprised if they don’t draft a qb by round 3 next year.  They need a new guy to develop. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

I was at the game today. They need a reliable slot WR extremely badly. Gibsons stock is way down. He’s very much clueless as a WR.

It feels pretty obvious that our WRs are awful after GW and Lazard (and Lazard isn't that good either).

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Right.  I’m not saying Zach isn’t an issue.  We knew going into this game that he was.  What I’m saying is that he is not the only issue and there are, arguably, bigger concerns that will doom this team.

other issues yes.  bigger than Zach, don't think so.  he's been pretty terrible and i really want him to do well.

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

Team needs far too much for trades to fix it.

Selling future draft assets for a long-shot at a 2023 playoff berth is just dumb.

And our own tradeable player assets aren't worth anything (i.e. Cook).

2023 is not, IMO, fixable.  We're going to finish ~.500 or thereabouts at best.

Today was a win, and wins are fun.  But this wasn't a win that gives me hope, and  I'm honestly amazed some of yall are thinking what we saw today was the doorway to a playoff run.   

What if A-A-Ron can come back late in the season?  That's my hope on a playoff run for this team.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It feels pretty obvious that our WRs are awful after GW and Lazard (and Lazard isn't that good either).

Not sure we can ever evaluate this with wilson. Does izzy suck because he’s not playing too?  I would also wager mcdonald would get qb pressure if he played. 

12 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Did you see Aaron today? If he is dropping back and throwing now ( which is nuts to believe ) unless he has a setback, he should be ready in 2 months. 

It’s insane, everyone I know who’ve ruptured or torn an Achilles have been still in a supportive boot 3 months after the injury …he looks like he’s 9 months in to rehab .

I do know a couple of people who’ve gone on to injure the other achilles but that’s usually a year or two later 

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I said it in another thread this morning, but I neither believe he will, nor should, return to play in 2023.  The risk far exceeds the likely reward.  It would be peak "Same ol' Jets" for Rodgers to rush back trying to savior a mediocre .500 season, only to get re-injured and miss all of 2024.  Put simply, I don't believe 2023 can be saved in terms of post-season.  But that's why they play the games!

I agree that he shouldn't try it (could ruin him for next year) but it feels like it's going to happen.  

Dianna Russini @DMRussini

Keep in mind why today could be busy for general managers around the league:
Let’s say a team is going to trade a player and take on some of the salary, that deal would have to be re-done by today at 4pm, then the team can trade him anytime between today at 4:01pm and 3:59pm on Tuesday. 

36 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And it’s not sustainable.  Zach blows.  We knew that going into the game.  The lack of another threat at WR, depth on the O-Line, and discipline from the defense is going to catch up to us.

Tommy Devito “led” a TD drive because Quincy Williams bashed a guy in the back of the head for no reason and Jermaine Johnson garnered another “unsportsmanlike” penalty that he won’t be disciplined for by this coaching staff.

This game never has a chance to be won if Tyrod Taylor doesn’t get knocked out.

Having a bad QB AND a bad head coach certainly are huge obstacles. But again, the schedule isn't crazy. Everyone around the league seems to be having problems. The Chiefs just got curb stomped and the 49ers have lost 3 in a row. Hall and this defense may be able to keep it afloat long enough until December. What if JD can find 1-2 serviceable O-linemen before the deadline and Rodgers does the unthinkable and comes back for that Feast of the Seven Fishes Commanders game?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, static14 said:

I really hope they can get some OL help, but what team (even one tanking) wants to trade away quality O lineman? Gonna be tough and costly.

That's where it has to be a win win.  

1. Could a tanking / rebuilding team actually have some quality OLine depth or an unhappy/underutilized WR it is willing to part with for a 3rd to 4th rounder?

2. Could a contending team with a weak secondary (Philly) be interested in a resurgent Bryce Hall in a player for player swap?

3. Could a Tight End friendly and needy team have any interest in CJ Uzomah, believing he is a better fit for them than the Jets who might be trending toward Jeremy Ruckert?

That's what I mean by smart trade that 'might' be out there.

I have been a big fan of the work JD has done the past 2 years up until and thru the Rodgers trade.  [Too early to tell on the draft class but this year screamed Offense in round 1.]  We've had several other missteps since... many driven by Rodgers himself.

Time for JD to put back on his big boy pants and find /execute some smart trades that strengthen us this year and next.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, oatmeal said:

And who’s ultimately responsible for this? The infallible Joe D

I’m not disagreeing there.  That being said, the o-line, idk what else could have been done.  That falls on the Johnson’s and the Mara’s. I was ambivalent to the turf situation before yesterday, but there’s no way that you can tell me there is no correlation and this is just bad luck.  Especially when almost every single serious injury suffered at MetLife is a lower body injury, even the ones that weren’t season ending.

WR?  Yeah, no, that’s on Douglas.  Inexcusable.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Having a bad QB AND a bad head coach certainly are huge obstacles. But again, the schedule isn't crazy. Everyone around the league seems to be having problems. The Chiefs just got curb stomped and the 49ers have lost 3 in a row. Hall and this defense may be able to keep it afloat long enough until December. What if JD can find 1-2 serviceable O-linemen before the deadline and Rodgers does the unthinkable and comes back for that Feast of the Seven Fishes Commanders game?

I have my reservations about Aaron returning, even if we are on the doorstep.

Those o-lineman would have to be pretty damn good, not just serviceable.

7 hours ago, batman10023 said:

other issues yes.  bigger than Zach, don't think so.  he's been pretty terrible and i really want him to do well.

As do I.  The All-22 is out and there are some pretty bad plays, I won’t contest that.  The bigger issues were discipline from the defense, protection, skill position separation, and Lazard drops.  Zach did absolutely nothing to absolve himself, but the situation was disgusting, as a whole.  Rodgers, or any other QB, is not fixing that is my main point, that’s all.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, August said:

Corey Davis’ retirement really screwed us up. Because with him. He’d be our clear number 2 and Lazard would’ve been a better number 3. 

Corey Davis has never been good.

Good guy, but another one of those “all the physical tools” guys the sum of whose parts never amounted to much more than a JAG.

In his 1 career playoff game, he had as many catches and yards as you or I did.

0 rec

0 yards

That is the difference maker that was going to unlock Zach Wilson in 2023?

😬🤦‍♂️

He was here for 2 years with a high snap count and didn’t really do jack.

Had more failed plays (e.g. fumbles, drops) in critical situations than clutch plays.

7 hours ago, section314 said:

The QB has been doing what is being asked of him, for better or worse.  The problem, as I see it, is that he’s being asked to do things that a team that has everything else, except the QB, situated has.  Think of the 2011 49ers, for example.

The issue with that is that the 2011 49ers would hang absolute DONG on this team and we are nowhere near that level, no matter how much the decision makers in this organization think we are.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Corey Davis has never been good.

Good guy, but another one of those “all the physical tools” guys the sum of whose parts never amounted to much more than a JAG.

In his 1 career playoff game, he had as many catches and yards as you or I did.

0 rec

0 yards

That is the difference maker that was going to unlock Zach Wilson in 2023?

😬🤦‍♂️

He was here for 2 years with a high snap count and didn’t really do jack.

Had more failed plays (e.g. fumbles, drops) in critical situations than clutch plays.

He made big catches and plays last year idk what you’re talking about 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I’m not disagreeing there.  That being said, the o-line, idk what else could have been done.  That falls on the Johnson’s and the Mara’s. I was ambivalent to the turf situation before yesterday, but there’s no way that you can tell me there is no correlation and this is just bad luck.  Especially when almost every single serious injury suffered at MetLife is a lower body injury, even the ones that weren’t season ending.

WR?  Yeah, no, that’s on Douglas.  Inexcusable.

Remember 3-4 years back when Saleh was DC for the Niners and they played here and Bosa was hurt and was out for season and Thomas got hurt also but came back later in year? SF bitched to the league about the turf. JD was in his first year as our GM. I’m shocked that he and Saleh wouldn’t have put up a huge fight to stop them from putting this crap in. 

On 10/30/2023 at 8:45 AM, Warfish said:

I said it in another thread this morning, but I neither believe he will, nor should, return to play in 2023.  The risk far exceeds the likely reward.  It would be peak "Same ol' Jets" for Rodgers to rush back trying to savior a mediocre .500 season, only to get re-injured and miss all of 2024.  Put simply, I don't believe 2023 can be saved in terms of post-season.  But that's why they play the games!

I could see him forcing his way onto the field if we are in contention at the end of December.

And you just know he will re-injure it if he does that 

most predictable Jets thing ever 

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I could see him forcing his way onto the field if we are in contention at the end of December.

And you just know he will re-injure it if he does that 

most predictable Jets thing ever 

was his achilles weak the whole time and it was just a matter of when it got torn?  just happened to be on play 4.. instead of play 40 or 400?