Duane Brown set to return

extmenace

Not really sure what happened to him but he showed up totally unable to play football at the NFL level and the Jets seemed quite surprised.  Paying him a lot of money, missed all of camp, and crapped the bed badly in his one game,  Another really bad misread at an area we could not afford.  Between him and Carl Lawson it's been $18 million of valuable cap space down the drain.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Not really sure what happened to him but he showed up totally unable to play football at the NFL level and the Jets seemed quite surprised.  Paying him a lot of money, missed all of camp, and crapped the bed badly in his one game,  Another really bad misread at an area we could not afford.  Between him and Carl Lawson it's been $18 million of valuable cap space down the drain.

Looking Back Dick Wolf GIF by Wolf Entertainment

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This dude and his stone feet need to be cut. How much are we paying him exactly? Last time he played he was embarrassing

at 11 million Duane Brown is the 2nd highest cap hit on the team besides CJ Mosely

Zach is at 9.5 by the way, but that's because of his number 2 overall contract 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

I was surprised about how long it took them to get him off the inactive list and practicing in camp. When camp started they said he was a few days away, and they just kept saying that for weeks, all the way up until they finally had him practicing just before the opener. So, yes, he looked very rusty. But, while I could be wrong, everything I’ve heard about Brown and his attitude towards being a pro football player leads me to believe it wasn’t due to lack of effort or desire on his part. So I don’t think he somehow duped the Jets — I doubt he deceived them about his health or was out of shape, if that’s what you mean in your first sentence. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Duane Brown not the oldest tackle in the league but at 38 it's hardly surprising that he has spent time on IR.

Jason Peters, 41, the oldest tackle in the NFL, just came off IR a week ago and played well in his first game back for Seattle.

A good omen maybe...

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

at 11 million Duane Brown is the 2nd highest cap hit on the team besides CJ Mosely

Zach is at 9.5 by the way, but that's because of his number 2 overall contract 

man, you don't like anything about the Jets!

can these new weight loss/diabetes drugs solve your food issue?

might help your mood :-)

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

I was surprised about how long it took them to get him off the inactive list and practicing in camp. When camp started they said he was a few days away, and they just kept saying that for weeks, all the way up until they finally had him practicing just before the opener. So, yes, he looked very rusty. But, while I could be wrong, everything I’ve heard about Brown and his attitude towards being a pro football player leads me to believe it wasn’t due to lack of effort or desire on his part. So I don’t think he somehow duped the Jets — I doubt he deceived them about his health or was out of shape, if that’s what you mean in your first sentence. 

He was still recovering from his shoulder surgery in camp and had not been cleared to practice. I thought (I could be wrong) that the reason he has been out the last few weeks was a hip issue.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

He was still recovering from his shoulder surgery in camp and had not been cleared to practice. I thought (I could be wrong) that the reason he has been out the last few weeks was a hip issue.

Yeah, that’s my understanding too — to separate issues. I was just responding to the poster who may have been suggesting (I wasn’t clear) that Brown had misled the Jets or didn’t show up in shape to play football. And while I also was a bit surprised by the long delay in him getting cleared to practice during camp (they kept saying he was almost ready), I don’t think it was because anything fishy was going on between team and player.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Wouldn’t surprise me at all the see him at LT. I think they said they gave him an extra week to get back?  

they didn’t activate him to sit or play RT 

If they do put DB at LT and move Becton... again, it says more about their faith in Max Mitch than anything.  

• Upvote 1

I LOVE these old ass vet players that can "ONLY PLAY IN ONE SPECIFIC SPOT"... yet they shuffle Becton and AVT around like they're a deck of cards... and put a PS squad Guard they signed 2 days prior in at Center.

DB and Tomlinson are incapable of moving their bodies to the right instead of the left? Do they get lost? 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I LOVE these old ass vet players that can "ONLY PLAY IN ONE SPECIFIC SPOT"... yet they shuffle Becton and AVT around like they're a deck of cards... and put a PS squad Guard they signed 2 days prior in at Center.

DB and Tomlinson are incapable of moving their bodies to the right instead of the left? Do they get lost? 

They really need to try him at RT. He's played there before, just a long time ago. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Sounds a lot like Brown is only getting respect and playing time base don his past. Literally on nothing he's done for us. So Saleh looking bad saying he's what is our best 5. Bc Brown's play says otherwise.

Listening to the presser today it sounded like Saleh felt like he pushed to come back before he was really healthy/ready. So maybe we catch a break and that's why he wasn't playing well. We could use one on the o-line.

1 hour ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Wasn't implying anything fishy on the part of the player but man it is just seems to be a massive miscalculation by either our medical team, the front office, or both in a critical area of need.  It was always going to be dicey with Brown, Bechton, and AVT coming off of major injuries.  At Brown's age they really should have considered cutting ties and applying his money ($11 million) to someone that was younger or at least less of a health risk.   You can say what's happened to the O Line is bad luck and it certainly is a bit of that but the plan coming into the season was badly flawed and the way its played out is really no surprise, at least to most on this board. 

3 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Wasn't implying anything fishy on the part of the player but man it is just seems to be a massive miscalculation by either our medical team, the front office, or both in a critical area of need.  It was always going to be dicey with Brown, Bechton, and AVT coming off of major injuries.  At Brown's age they really should have considered cutting ties and applying his money ($11 million) to someone that was younger or at least less of a health risk.   You can say what's happened to the O Line is bad luck and it certainly is a bit of that but the plan coming into the season was badly flawed and the way its played out is really no surprise, at least to most on this board. 

Yes, I agree with all of that. I think missing on signing the Bengals tackle (forget his name) in the offseason hurt a lot, and bad planning not to have a better plan B