Like it or not

JETS SB

16 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I have been a HUGE critic of Saleh.  But this lack of production stems from Zach.  Not sure what more he could do. 

In my opinion Saleh has much more to do with the offensive lack of production than he gets blame for. I believe the “ let’s play not to lose and win by 3 pts” mindset comes directly from the head coach. They’ve turned Zach into an automaton trying to limit turnovers and neutered the run game in the process as teams put 8 in the box consistently. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mrmajix said:

In my opinion Saleh has much more to do with the offensive lack of production than he gets blame for. I believe the “ let’s play not to lose and win by 3 pts” mindset comes directly from the head coach. They’ve turned Zach into an automaton trying to limit turnovers and neutered the run game in the process as teams put 8 in the box consistently. 

but thats because of Zach.

last year when White and Flacco played we didnt play not to lose. and i bet we wont play not to lose when Rodgers plays.

you do what you can with what you got. i believe if we played differently we would be 1-7 with Zach. they just dont trust hm to play a certain way.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, mrmajix said:

Thats possible…….  

3 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Zach Wilson is our QB for the reminder of the season or until Aaron Rodgers returns

Robert Saleh is our coach for the remainder of this season and next season 

Joe Douglas is our GM for the remainder of this season and next season

Nathaniel Hackett is our OC for the remainder of this season and next season

Whenever Aaron Rodgers returns and is ready to play and wants to play, he will be our QB until either he wants to retire or gets injured again

Jets nation will continue to bitch about every one of these things, even though they will never be listened to. 

“The Jets will win on Sunday and Zach Wilson will be the reason why”  - quote today from  Brandon Tierney WFAN

image.gif.b68cd3cfe9fbe1565e6a44a46d398d54.gif

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, both Hughes and Rosenblatt are reporting with confidence that the Raiders game is Zach Wilson’s last chance, and if he starts out bad, he won’t make it past halftime. Interested to see if Saleh makes Siemian active as the emergency three. 

There's like zero chance anyone in the Jets actually disclosed that to either. It is just a logical attention grabber that has little recoil if Zach continues.

21 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

There's like zero chance anyone in the Jets actually disclosed that to either. It is just a logical attention grabber that has little recoil if Zach continues.

Eh. Every coach and player who’s come to the podium the last two weeks has had to answer the “Doesn’t Zach suck tho?” questions and I’m sure there are many people in the building that are sick of it. Recall also that it was an absolute party vibe for a few weeks when Zach get benched the past two years. You could see how there are enough people who would want Zach benched and would say so on background in an effort to make it happen. 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Thanks for finally having the courage to come out as a troll.

Or just someone who is just tired of the hundreds of threads, continually saying the same thing, looking for a different answer, while the answers I gave, mostly controlled by the Aaron Rodgers factor, are all truth. If that's being a troll, I guess you know best.

9 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

It's not what you said, it's  how you are choosing to say it. You sound almost happy this os all happening in an I told you so way

It was said in an "Aaron Rodgers controls the decisions" kind of way. Which we all know, but seems like everyone hopes that someone gets fired or Zach gets benched or whatever. I am happy we still have a chance to make the playoffs, yeah. However remote, its still a possibility. And while its still a possibility, there aren't going to be any coaches fired. Zach getting benched would only happen if he is the ONLY reason the Jets lose on Sunday, per Saleh.

Maybe I am interpreting what Saleh is saying incorrectly. And with Aaron Rodgers with the team, unless he gives the OK for Zach to get benched. He won't get benched. If this is causing people to hate Rodgers, then hate Rodgers. But we are stuck with him for at least next year, and that, in itself, brings back all of the coaches. 

13 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Tell me something that I said, that is not true. 

The very first sentence. Definitely not 100% likely. At best 50%. With or without injury to Zach. I’m sure JD and woody want that to happen. But Robert Saleh is NOT going to put Zach above the team. He won’t risk losing the locker room. He can do what he pleases, because he is the HC. Until they fire him for going against the zach mandate. But they won’t. Zach will not be allowed to play another game like the 1 he just had. Saleh has seen way too many of them by now.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

We are all on the outside guessing, but of course that could be interpreted from someone/ something on the inside. Maybe zero chance we would know this. But if there is wind of internal debate about activating siemian, or another indicator. Leaks happen all the time. Zach does not have much rope left, that is obvious. Wether or not JD/ woody or even Aaron do not want that to happen, they won’t risk losing locker room and fan base. 

• Upvote 1

I dunno ... It's anyone's guess at this point ....

They may be using these games to make a final evaluation for all we know.

I can see him playing all year to clarify and doubts.

I agree with most now that the chance of him becoming 'The Man' is lying around 10%... And if they determine he is not it .. they have to make him a true backup in the sense that team efforts in trying to develop him into something special end, and the focus becomes the next great hope.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Zach Wilson is our QB for the reminder of the season or until Aaron Rodgers returns

Robert Saleh is our coach for the remainder of this season and next season 

Joe Douglas is our GM for the remainder of this season and next season

Nathaniel Hackett is our OC for the remainder of this season and next season

Whenever Aaron Rodgers returns and is ready to play and wants to play, he will be our QB until either he wants to retire or gets injured again

Jets nation will continue to bitch about every one of these things, even though they will never be listened to. 

“The Jets will win on Sunday and Zach Wilson will be the reason why”  - quote today from  Brandon Tierney WFAN

As long as your being fatalistic, you forgot to add Woody, owner, etc etc etc

12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I have been a HUGE critic of Saleh.  But this lack of production stems from Zach.  Not sure what more he could do. 

Ditto.... Saleh isn't the one to take this team where it needs to be, but no coach can make the worst players play like SB champs... The players are responsible for that. Just look at what BB has become without TB. We need offensive players besides GW and BH to spark the offense. Sit Lazard, Cobb, and Uzomeh, and play some of the kids. If JD wants to keep his job his number 1 goal for 2024 is to fix the OL once and for all, and draft Drake Maye someway to sit behind AR for a year.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, GangGreened said:

Hey OP, why don’t you just GTFO then? These threads are beyond pointless. 

Dude, why don't YOU GTFO,  that man has been a JetNation member for over a decade, you joined a couple of years ago. Who are you to tell people to get out of here? What have you contributed that makes you so much more important? You guys gotta stop this crap 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Ditto.... Saleh isn't the one to take this team where it needs to be, but no coach can make the worst players play like SB champs... The players are responsible for that. Just look at what BB has become without TB. We need offensive players besides GW and BH to spark the offense. Sit Lazard, Cobb, and Uzomeh, and play some of the kids. If JD wants to keep his job his number 1 goal for 2024 is to fix the OL once and for all, and draft Drake Maye someway to sit behind AR for a year.

Other than a draft from 2 years ago... JD's drafts have been nothing if not average at best.  I don't like turning over personnel but he has to do better.  This "go after veterans" doesn't work.  

• Upvote 1

All I know is, I have decided to NOT watch any more Jets football until

A-Wilson gets benched

B-Wilson gets hurt and is relegated to the bench or 

C- Aaron Rodgers comes back

I've told my son if either scenario A or B happens to let me know over here in the other room with no football game on and I will jgladly oin them.

It's really no different than what me and SJ and his son Johnny were saying since the same thing happened a year ago. Then all spring and through camp  "The last thing I want to ever see again is Zach Wilson playing QB for the Jets. I was hoping he's be cut. I've never seen a QB play as badly as he has and still keep his job.  I'm done with Wilson

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JETS SB said:

It was said in an "Aaron Rodgers controls the decisions" kind of way. Which we all know, but seems like everyone hopes that someone gets fired or Zach gets benched or whatever. I am happy we still have a chance to make the playoffs, yeah. However remote, its still a possibility. And while its still a possibility, there aren't going to be any coaches fired. Zach getting benched would only happen if he is the ONLY reason the Jets lose on Sunday, per Saleh.

Maybe I am interpreting what Saleh is saying incorrectly. And with Aaron Rodgers with the team, unless he gives the OK for Zach to get benched. He won't get benched. If this is causing people to hate Rodgers, then hate Rodgers. But we are stuck with him for at least next year, and that, in itself, brings back all of the coaches. 

Please learn to use punctuation correctly. 

As for what you wrote, do you think Boyle or TS are real options? I will tell you, they are not. If they were, one of them would be playing at this point. As far as pulling Zach from a game, Zach has played maddeningly bad but he is making just enough plays now not to get benched. 

For whatever reason, you are blaming this on Rodgers. This has a little to do with Rodgers unless you blame bringing in Hackett,  Cobb, Lazar, and Turner for Rodgers but the reason Zach is playing isn't Rogers, it is JD. JD put all his eggs in the Rogers basket and figured Zach wouldn't  play this season and if he did, it would be for a few weeks and for whatever reason, we are sticking with Zach. It might be that they think he is so mentally  fragile,  that a second benching would irreparably ruin him, or they are actually happy with the record. Regardless, JD is the one not making deals for another QB. I mean they could have made a deal for Dobbs instead of the Vikes and that never was a conversation. Instead we were trying to make deals for Evans and Adams. For what reason, I have no idea. It's  not like getting Zach another WR is going to make a difference. 

IMO, JD needs to be accountable for this mess of an OL and not getting a viable backup for Rogers. It isn't  Zach's fault he sucks. Zach is talented, he is just a bad NFL QB.

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I dunno ... It's anyone's guess at this point ....

They may be using these games to make a final evaluation for all we know.

I can see him playing all year to clarify and doubts.

I think you may be more right than many want to believe.

1. Bright side, he finally shows he can be a guy/the guy/something, validating JD's pick.

2. Dark side, he loses alot of games, helping the Jets be in draft position to get a QB in 2024.

Rodgers makes the dark side less likely, of course, but even he can't bitch that hard given he just got paid $50 million to play 4 snaps.  Even he has to know we need a future QB, and if he doesn't, f' him.  Draft one anyway and let him bitch.  He got what he wanted this year with Hackett, Lazard, Cobb, Cook, etc. and it's a poopshow.  He's lost some of his leverage in my book.  He can retire if he doesn't want to play.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

Dude, why don't YOU GTFO,  that man has been a JetNation member for over a decade, you joined a couple of years ago. Who are you to tell people to get out of here? What have you contributed that makes you so much more important? You guys gotta stop this crap 

I’ll tell people who start threads like this whatever I want, thx.

what exactly do you think he’s trying to accomplish here?

4 hours ago, JETS SB said:

So in your mind it’s OK to hate Rodgers but not OK to hate Zach.

You are deflecting blame from Zach to Rodgers.  Rodgers is not the problem.  Zach being bad is the problem.  I have a problem with Zach’s badness because it is the biggest issue bringing down this team, and as a fan, I will complain about it and want it fixed.

I don’t need a historically stubborn Zach guru to tell me to suck it up and accept sh!t.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I think you may be more right than many want to believe.

1. Bright side, he finally shows he can be a guy/the guy/something, validating JD's pick.

2. Dark side, he loses alot of games, helping the Jets be in draft position to get a QB in 2024.

Rodgers makes the dark side less likely, of course, but even he can't bitch that hard given he just got paid $50 million to play 4 snaps.  Even he has to know we need a future QB, and if he doesn't, f' him.  Draft one anyway and let him bitch.  He got what he wanted this year with Hackett, Lazard, Cobb, Cook, etc. and it's a poopshow.  He's lost some of his leverage in my book.  He can retire if he doesn't want to play.

Feels like Rodgers coming down from the rafters to protect Zach is a little silly. Rodgers understands QB play better than most and he knows Zach sucks. He’s also acutely aware that Zach has put Nate Hackett squarely on the griddle. Rodgers has a history of advocating for his no-chance sycophant backups (Kurt Benkert, etc), but that’s less about their ability and more about their servility. Hell, Tim Boyle is on this roster solely because Rodgers likes him. If the Jets bench Zach, Rodgers won’t blink, and if they dump Zach in the offseason, the Jets can simply replace him with a late round pick who can nuzzle at Rodgers’ teat. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The route combo is basic high-school stuff and when you see that coverage, the ball has to come out and go to Garrett right away. So, the play call is fine, they have their #1 receiver in man coverage, the defense isn’t doing anything wild, and your baseline JAG QB should make this read, make this throw, and move on to the next down. But Zach decides not to throw it, pulls it back, has “no plan,” according to Tice, and Bosa muscles his way in to knock the ball out of Zach’s hand for the turnover. Mays gives up trying to blame everything else as much and agrees that Zach is killing the org. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Replacing the OC every year will never change it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Feels like Rodgers coming down from the rafters to protect Zach is a little silly. Rodgers understands QB play better than most and he knows Zach sucks. He’s also acutely aware that Zach has put Nate Hackett squarely on the griddle. Rodgers has a history of advocating for his no-chance sycophant backups (Kurt Benkert, etc), but that’s less about their ability and more about their servility. Hell, Tim Boyle is on this roster solely because Rodgers likes him. If the Jets bench Zach, Rodgers won’t blink, and if they dump Zach in the offseason, the Jets can simply replace him with a late round pick who can nuzzle at Rodgers’ teat. 

we need to dump Zach and draft a QB next year even if its in the mid rds and let him sit and learn from Rodgers. and lets not make the same mistake and make this guy #2. get a decent #2 guy and redshirt the draft pick.

White was drafted in rd 4??? Dak too. Russ Wilson in rd 3.

we can get a good guy in those rds. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

we need to dump Zach and draft a QB next year even if its in the mid rds and let him sit and learn from Rodgers. and lets not make the same mistake and make this guy #2. get a decent #2 guy and redshirt the draft pick.

White was drafted in rd 4??? Dak too. Russ Wilson in rd 3.

we can get a good guy in those rds. 

The Jets need a GM who isnt preoccupied with previous mistakes and then attempting to overcorrect with more mistakes. It doesn't work. I realize we are stuck with Arodge for next season, therefore JD and Saleh and Hackett will be back. So that means JD will be calling the shots in the draft room. A leopard doesn't change it's spots, so you know JD will not use a single draft pick on a QB and he'll probably blow the first pick. 

If I was the dictator of the NY I would blow it all up, right now. Wipe the slate clean and go into next season with a brand new blueprint. I would make sure Arodge is treated just like everybody else. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They did a segment on the Jets offensive issues on today’s Athletic podcast (h/t @slats). Robert Mays wanted to do a little deep dive, but wanted to talk about the issues “beyond just Zach Wilson.” The co-host is Nate Tice (Mike Tice’s son) who played QB at Wisconsin and spent a decade in the NFL as a quality control/tape guy. Tice says, “you sure? Because Zach Wilson is a big part of it.” Tice is the nicest guy in the world and tries not to trash players, but he’s been out-out on Zach Wilson since the beginning. Anyway, Mays lists the problems—no good tackles, counting on an old Duane Brown, OL injuries, paying Lazard instead of, say, Jakobi Meyers, etc. Tice stays mostly quiet throughout but finally comes back to it being Zach. He breaks down the Bosa strip-sack, pointing out that it was Cover-one all the way, no disguises, which leaves Garrett Wilson man to man on the outside. The route combo is basic high-school stuff and when you see that coverage, the ball has to come out and go to Garrett right away. So, the play call is fine, they have their #1 receiver in man coverage, the defense isn’t doing anything wild, and your baseline JAG QB should make this read, make this throw, and move on to the next down. But Zach decides not to throw it, pulls it back, has “no plan,” according to Tice, and Bosa muscles his way in to knock the ball out of Zach’s hand for the turnover. Mays gives up trying to blame everything else as much and agrees that Zach is killing the org. 

Heres where you lunatics lose me.

NFL teams do tons and tons of film review, and they break down every play, every assignment, and review it. If ZW is making this type of mistake all game long, every game, or even a few times a game, he has absolutely zero business being the QB of this team, I think everyone would agree on that.

How do you lunatics not put out more vitriol for Saleh, Hackett, JD, Woody than you do for ZW? ZW isnt playing himself, these bozos are playing him.

Now, I have also seen analysts talk about how every single QB, even elite ones, every single games has several plays that can be criticized, from recognizing easy coverages, to missing easy throws.

What I have no idea of is what those metrics look like, and how ZW compares to those metrics, or if the Jets are even smart enough to keep metrics.

But my point is, if ZW is this bad, I have much more of a problme with the noBrain trust playing him than I do ZW for sucking. He likely can't help that he sucks, but the noBrain trust can help themselves by not playing him

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, both Hughes and Rosenblatt are reporting with confidence that the Raiders game is Zach Wilson’s last chance, and if he starts out bad, he won’t make it past halftime. Interested to see if Saleh makes Siemian active as the emergency three. 

pray praying hands GIF by Columbia Records

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, GangGreened said:

I’ll tell people who start threads like this whatever I want, thx.

what exactly do you think he’s trying to accomplish here?

I did GTFO, then I came back. I posted what I believe will happen and then quoted a WFAN host. Not trying to accomplish anything other than post my opinion. Isn't that what we do here? Or do the opinions just have to line up with yours? 

5 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

So in your mind it’s OK to hate Rodgers but not OK to hate Zach.

You are deflecting blame from Zach to Rodgers.  Rodgers is not the problem.  Zach being bad is the problem.  I have a problem with Zach’s badness because it is the biggest issue bringing down this team, and as a fan, I will complain about it and want it fixed.

I don’t need a historically stubborn Zach guru to tell me to suck it up and accept sh!t.

Wasn't deflecting. Just posting what I feel is true. You don't have to agree with me or accept anything. If you don't like it, really not my problem. Go to the other 100+ Zach sucks, fire everyone threads.