Tankathon (2023-24 Season Edition)

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

Doesn't matter if the Pats pick before us. We might still get one of the two top tackles. Pats are taking a QB. Caleb and Maye will be gone.  They will probably take McCarthy or Daniels.  I was just trying to ease my pain and my take was if things fall into place. It's not out of the realm of possibility.  Our D is very good. Top 10 in fact. And that's with a horrendous offense. That's actually quite impressive when you think about it for several reasons. The defense must be totally exasperated the entire year playing constantly behind, being on the field most of the game. It ultimately wears you down.  With Rodgers, we will be in every game and have a balanced attack.  It will be a very different feel and look and the D will be re-energized.  And they are young and will get better. Rodgers is one of those players that makes everyone around him better.  JD will have to improve the OL and get Rodgers another WR to compliment GW. Keep the faith. AND you are forgetting about McDuck!  He's gonna go off next year! 

I agree NE isn’t taking a tackle but the NE/nyj game matters a lot for draft position.  

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I agree NE isn’t taking a tackle but the NE/nyj game matters a lot for draft position.  

Yes it is. Well we do have to lose in order to maintain a better draft position.  Pats are playing better with Zappe and Belicheat hates losing to the Jets so I think we lose the last 2 games and end up 6-11 with a top 5-10 pick.

16 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Yes it is. Well we do have to lose in order to maintain a better draft position.  Pats are playing better with Zappe and Belicheat hates losing to the Jets so I think we lose the last 2 games and end up 6-11 with a top 5-10 pick.

Huge difference between top 5 and 6-12.  If they’re in the 6-12 range i think a trade out is more likely if the jets don’t get one of the top left tackles bc they can trade back and get a right tackle.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Because teams need to know how to lose? How exactly does the coaching staff explain that to the guys, before the game and at halftime? “Ok guys, we need to lose this game so we can get a higher draft pick next year. I realize that a lot of you guys aren’t going to be here, but be a team player, please help us get a better pick.”

There is NO team in the NFL that actually tries to tank. NONE. So, stfu you miserable losers. This is the same guy that says we are terrible at drafting. Why tf does it matter when we are drafting then? It’s f-ing Christmas and you all sound like a bunch of infant sewer dwellers. 

We started our 4th QB behind a bad offensive line and our defense is fading at the end of the season. We cannot be any worse, other than the commanders. Stop with the dumb sh*t crying. 

1. Teams DO TANK - the Jags benching Menshew to get Trevor after we won that game is just one of the many, many examples 

2. Players make what we call “business decisions” all the time is that not tanking ?

3. You don’t need to inform the players that you are trying to tank for the tank to work 🤡

4. Not my fault the GM blows 

5. Could careless about excuses, every team banged up 

• Upvote 3

1. We’re not going to pick before the Pats
2. we’ll be 8 or 9 probably (lower if we beat NE, but i don’t think we will)
3. No matter who we take, no one player will have much impact on our W total in 24, and the only position that would make a big difference with that going forward would be one of the top 3 QBs.
One non QB pick isn’t going to change anything here. This team needs back to back drafts where they get at least 5 combined starter on offense, maybe 1 or 2 on D. That’s how far away from being good we are. 8 starters in 2 years sounds like lot, but with “roster churn” it’s what a bad team needs.
4. The D is overrated and the O is akin to an expansion team.
5. 41yo Rodgers might make us respectable with 7-9 wins but we’re not catching Buffalo or Miami in the division. We’ll be lucky if NE’s rookie QB doesn’t move them ahead of us and into the AFCE cellar.
How many Dante Adams walk the planet ???? That is who M Harrison JR could be.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

It makes me laugh how you guys act as if tanking the last quarter of the season wouldn’t cause a mutiny amongst the team and get the CS fired.

I realize most of you never played a team sport beyond the age of 14, but come on… wise up.

9 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Then help me. Explain your message board tank logic to me.

Since you asked...

Some of us root for tank when the season is lost because we think a significantly better draft pick helps our team more than a couple meaningless wins at the end. Also, in the sh*tshow of this team, the draft process is more entertaining if we have a high pick.  That's why we root for tank.

Rooting doesn't alter the outcomes.  We're not asking the players or coaches to lose on purpose.  We're just rooting for them to lose.  That's it. Nothing else.

Please don't tell other fans how to root.  Please don't act superior.  Mind your own fandom.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Had dickhead JD just done what 95 percent of all draft experts and football aficionados had known was the right move and NOT drafted fat fukk Becton and taken Wirfs, we wouldn't be here. Wirfs is a STUD and was picked 13th.  Picking low means garbage when your GM is a POS and uses those picks on Becton and Zach.

“The NY Jets “smarter” than everyone else for over 60 years”.

This is close to a consistent theme throughout this organization’s existence.  Whether it’s picking Ken O’Brien over Dan Marino or Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp, they can get way too cute.

Then when you Should roll the dice you’re in a situation where your “GM” is a failed scout who worked for Houston who they threw a suit on after realizing he’s really a janitor, who picks half a Safety (can’t catch footballs) because he’s the Consensus pick all over, you NEED a QB at the time NOT a Safety and you pass on Patrick Mahomes And Desaun Watson, but you’re scared to pick the QB in the 1st Rd, because if he busts its almost always your job.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

“The NY Jets “smarter” than everyone else for over 60 years”.

This is close to a consistent theme throughout this organization’s existence.  Whether it’s picking Ken O’Brien over Dan Marino or Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp, they can get way too cute.

Then when you Should roll the dice you’re in a situation where your “GM” is a failed scout who worked for Houston who they threw a suit on after realizing he’s really a janitor, who picks half a Safety (can’t catch footballs) because he’s the Consensus pick all over, you NEED a QB at the time NOT a Safety and you pass on Patrick Mahomes And Desaun Watson, but you’re scared to pick the QB in the 1st Rd, because if he busts its almost always your job.

Mahommes who????   We have a journeyman named McCown and damn it I want a box safety. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

If Jets had lost to Washington - we’d be locked into 3rd pick right now? 

I think we’d be 4th. We’d have the weakest strength of schedule of the 5-10 teams (which would include Washington). But instead we’re 9th. Bozos. 

IMG_2948.jpeg

• Upvote 2

We need to stack a few good drafts where we get 3-4 starters over the course of a few years if we’re going to become a formidable team. 
Unless it’s a FQB, one guy taken at #5 instead of one at #11 isn’t going to turn this ship around.

How many times in the past 10 years have we picked in the 6th spot or higher, and we still suck.

35 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

We need to stack a few good drafts where we get 3-4 starters over the course of a few years if we’re going to become a formidable team. 
Unless it’s a FQB, one guy taken at #5 instead of one at #11 isn’t going to turn this ship around.

How many times in the past 10 years have we picked in the 6th spot or higher, and we still suck.

Did any team get less out of their draft last year than the Jets?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

I would think after years and years of failed top 5/10 draft picks, y’all would realize it doesn’t really matter where this team picks. 

Good players are drafted high and low and somewhere in between.  On the GM to see the hidden talent.

Agreed but a broken clock is right twice a day. I wouldn’t have minded we fall into an excellent player.

The GM needs to find hidden talent in rounds 3/4/5. Not Ashtyn Davis, Max Mitchell’s of the world.  

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Did any team get less out of their draft last year than the Jets?

One of this team’s worst drafts ever, and that saying something.
Go back and look at the threads right after it happened back in April. I got killed for saying how horrible it was with the exception of Tippman. 
@maynard and myself went off on a weeks long  McDuck schtick about our 1st round fiasco of a pick.

JD has had one good draft, and that one was “pick by numbers” most of us called each one weeks ahead of time. Every other year he’s been awful.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There’s nothing to get excited about until September, guys.  Pick is gonna be too late to make much impact.  Can’t afford to sign any free agents of significance.  Gonna be the most boring offseason ever.  

Thanks for the heads up. I will let everyone know.

We had Glenn and Dylan going to the Senior Bowl but I guess that is pointless now too. Sad day.

• Haha 3

yes. barely beating one of the worst tems in the league after blowing a 20 point lead really shows this team has the right stuff moving forward!! such grit!!!
Truly inspirational and memorable ! Its impact will reverberate through the fabric of time itself.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

To all of you commenting that it doesn't matter if you draft a few picks lower, did you already forget last offseason when the Jets missed out on the top 4 offensive tackles? How about 1991, when the Jets missed out on Favre because the Falcons picked him 1 spot ahead?

• Upvote 2

Scenario:

Jets lose last 2 - 6-11

Pats win last 2  6-11

Chargers split last 2  6-11

Titans split last 2      6-11

Bears split last 2      7-10

We would leap above SD, Chi, Tenn, Chi.  Not sure about the tie breaker with Pats.  Anyone knows how that would work?  Even if Pats pick 5, they probably are taking a QB so it could be moot if they pick a slot ahead of us. Top 6 picks:  Of course trades will factor the picks but I think either Alt or Fashanau will be there at 5 or 6.

1) Bears - Joe Alt  T   2) Ari  Caleb  QB  3) Wash  Maye QB  4) Giants  MHJ WR   5) Jets  Fashanau  T  6) Patsies  Daniels  QB 

10 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Scenario:

Jets lose last 2 - 6-11

Pats win last 2  6-11

Chargers split last 2  6-11

Titans split last 2      6-11

Bears split last 2      7-10

We would leap above SD, Chi, Tenn, Chi.  Not sure about the tie breaker with Pats.  Anyone knows how that would work?  Even if Pats pick 5, they probably are taking a QB so it could be moot if they pick a slot ahead of us. Top 6 picks:  Of course trades will factor the picks but I think either Alt or Fashanau will be there at 5 or 6.

1) Bears - Joe Alt  T   2) Ari  Caleb  QB  3) Wash  Maye QB  4) Giants  MHJ WR   5) Jets  Fashanau  T  6) Patsies  Daniels  QB 

The Pats winning in Buffalo after having already beaten them earlier this year would shock me 

I would also think the bears will cash that number 1 pick in and trade down 

• Upvote 2