Tankathon (2023-24 Season Edition)

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

That's amazing.

I hope it is a stud LT in round one.

AVT back at LG. Tippmann at C and a vet at RT with Carter Warren backing up.

Then you are a new offensive line coach and right guard away from a good line.

It's pretty much what has to be done. Anything less would be purely inept. Douglas hasn't been good, but he can't be so bad that he doesn't know this is basically what needs to happen

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Fugua is slated to go high teens low 20's. Do you reach for him at 8?  Thats a big reach but serves a much needed position. Or they just take  OT Alabama Height: 6 - 6 | Weight: 305 

Latham is a mountain on the right side of the Alabama offensive line. He is the modernization of the mauling right tackle we all know and love. Aside from his imposing frame and mauling style as a downhill run blocker, he possesses feet that rival many of the uber-athletic left tackles we've seen come through the college ranks recently. With a strong season for the Crimson Tide, Latham could end up battling for the top tackle drafted. - Dalton Miller

Admittedly I'm no scout, but Latham looked kinda slow in pass protection to me. Give me the guy who hasn't let up a single sack and only 5 qb pressures during his entire college career.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I find it fascinating how much you guys obsess over 8 or 6 or 9 or 7

I swear some of you guys love this sh*t more the the actually games 🤣

If we pick at #4 then the Jets "control the draft".  If we pick at #9 then we don't.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Mike Munchak is looking to get back to the nfl. Health issues are behind him. He’d be my target.

That would be a premium get, probably won’t happen.

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Mike Munchak is looking to get back to the nfl. Health issues are behind him. He’d be my target.

he was a OL who went to OL coach to HC then back to OL coach.

you would think after being a HC and being around the playcalling like that he would have tried to be a OC.

1 hour ago, Joejet said:

That would be a premium get, probably won’t happen.

Yea. I’m not getting my hopes up.

But if I were Woody, I’d backup the brinks truck. OL Coach is the 3rd most important person on staff behind the GM and HC. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

if  jets lose:

Best case scenario but very unrealistic is that the giants (v. eagles), chargers (v. chiefs), titans (v. jaguars) all win and the jets would get the #5 pick
but most likely slot even with a loss is that we stay at the #8 pick. maybe one of the above teams pulls out an upset and we get pick #7

if jets win:

with a win the best case scenario is that atlanta (v. saints), chicago (v. packers), raiders (v. broncos), and vikings (v. lions) all also win and we stay at pick #8

most likely is that the lions beat the vikings and they will try because there is a bye on the line. the packers will also be trying hard to win because they are fighting to stay in the playoffs. falcons could beat the saints and both are in the hunt for the playoffs so both will be trying for the win. the raiders and the broncos is a toss up both are eliminated and either can win. so with a jets win the most likely outcome is we drop to pick #10

worst case scenario with a win is all the teams with 7 wins lose and we drop to pick #13

so the range is pick  #5- #13 with the most likely outcomes being pick #8 with a jet's loss or pick #10 with a jet's win

Try being helpful next time guy 😄

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

if  jets lose:

Best case scenario but very unrealistic is that the giants (v. eagles), chargers (v. chiefs), titans (v. jaguars) all win and the jets would get the #5 pick
but most likely slot even with a loss is that we stay at the #8 pick. maybe one of the above teams pulls out an upset and we get pick #7

if jets win:

with a win the best case scenario is that atlanta (v. saints), chicago (v. packers), raiders (v. broncos), and vikings (v. lions) all also win and we stay at pick #8

most likely is that the lions beat the vikings and they will try because there is a bye on the line. the packers will also be trying hard to win because they are fighting to stay in the playoffs. falcons could beat the saints and both are in the hunt for the playoffs so both will be trying for the win. the raiders and the broncos is a toss up both are eliminated and either can win. so with a jets win the most likely outcome is we drop to pick #10

worst case scenario with a win is all the teams with 7 wins lose and we drop to pick #13

so the range is pick  #5- #13 with the most likely outcomes being pick #8 with a jet's loss or pick #10 with a jet's win

The Giants are going to beet the Eagles.

2 hours ago, Tooooon said:

Does anyone have an update on floor/ceiling for draft slot?

Best: 5

Worst: 12

The though part is the teams we need to win infront of us face the Eagles, Chiefs, and Jags. Then the teams behind us that we need to win are facing tough competition too.

Realistically our best pick will be #8 worst pick #12

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

if  jets lose:

if jets win:

Great info, only adjustment is worst we can pick is #12. The Saints own 13 and have 8 wins, we can't get to 8 wins so 12 is the worst.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, football guy said:

It’s a great draft to have a top 10 pick. The problem is one player is not going to solve all of this team’s problems

that would be the case if we picked first too :) it has to be an all around offseason effort.

Wow cant believe this. A totally lost season from teh onset and we still get 7 Wins. How can this sh*tty team have won 7 games. They should have lost today, against the Giants, against the Texans, against the Bills,  against the Eagles, against Wash.  At best they should have won only 2-3 games and had the 2nd pick.  Morons. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Wow cant believe this. A totally lost season from teh onset and we still get 7 Wins. How can this sh*tty team have won 7 games. They should have lost today, against the Giants, against the Texans, against the Bills,  against the Eagles, against Wash.  At best they should have won only 2-3 games and had the 2nd pick.  Morons. 

There's enough talent on the team to win games despite horrible coaching and QB. On the flip side, this was a playoff team with average QB Play

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

The Great Zach Wilson

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, billo83 said:

There's enough talent on the team to win games despite horrible coaching and QB. On the flip side, this was a playoff team with average QB Play

We played NINE games this year against teams that made the playoffs and went 3-6 in those. Wins - Buf, Hou, Phi. Losses - Buf, Mia x 2, Cle, KC, Dal

4-4 vs. non-playoff teams. Wins - Den, Wash, NYG, NE. Losses - LV, LAC, Atl, NE

• Upvote 1