Tankathon (2023-24 Season Edition)

18 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Wow cant believe this. A totally lost season from teh onset and we still get 7 Wins. How can this sh*tty team have won 7 games. They should have lost today, against the Giants, against the Texans, against the Bills,  against the Eagles, against Wash.  At best they should have won only 2-3 games and had the 2nd pick.  Morons. 

“bUt wE bEaT biLL”

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

On 1/1/2024 at 6:47 PM, neckdemon said:

yeah i miscounted. worst is 12. thnx

The Jets took AVT at #14, Jermaine Johnson at #26, Breece Hall at #36.  Undoubtedly, three of the best young players on the team.

Honestly, it has rarely mattered where the Jets pick.  They took Zach and Becton higher than all those guys and now they’re looking to move on from both those players.  

If JD can’t find a player at #12 to help this team then screw ‘em.  It won’t in the slightest be due to their draft position IMO.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets took AVT at #14, Jermaine Johnson at #26, Breece Hall at #36.  Undoubtedly, three of the best young players on the team.

Honestly, it has rarely mattered where they pick.  They took Zach and Becton higher than all those guys and now they’re looking to move on from both those players.  

If JD can’t find a player at #12 to help this team then screw ‘em.  It won’t in the slightest be due to their draft position IMO.

This. There will be a difference maker at 12. It just comes down to making the right pick. Not every elite player is drafted in the top 5, actually most elite players aren’t taken that high. There may also be a trade down opportunity at 12. The opportunity to get better will be there, it’s up to JD to make it happen.

• Upvote 2

9 months ago the Jets took Will McDonald at #15.  We watched WR’s Zay Flowers and Jordan Addison go at #22 and #23.

I wish the JETS had drafted later last year.  Maybe they would have been forced to “settle” for one of those guys.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Honestly, it has rarely mattered where the Jets pick.  They took Zach and Becton higher than all those guys and now they’re looking to move on from both those players.  

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

This. There will be a difference maker at 12. It just comes down to making the right pick. Not every elite player is drafted in the top 5, actually most elite players aren’t taken that high. There may also be a trade down opportunity at 12. The opportunity to get better will be there, it’s up to JD to make it happen.

Cope city. Statistically your odds of landing a blue chip player are significantly higher the higher you pick. Falling out of the top ten is a disaster. 

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

This is a bad team on offense.  There will undoubtedly be players available in the 20’s, 30’s, 40’s that will upgrade the roster.  Whether it’s an OT, WR, OG, etc. it’s simply about picking the right guys, not where the Jets pick.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Can you believe that the ravens think that drafting in the 20s every year is a sustainable way to win ?

suckers. 

The thing to do is lose. 

Post Something GIF

They have a competent coaching staff that develops players. So do the Steelers and Packers. 

We need guys who are great right away because this regime is incapable of coaching players up. 

🤡

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Can you believe that the ravens think that drafting in the 20s every year is a sustainable way to win ?

suckers. 

The thing to do is lose. 

Post Something GIF

They are picking there becasue they are good with a good coach and good gm.   We stink all year long when it counts and lose multiple games we should win and then compound it by wining late .

The Jets have consistently drafted high with inordinately poor results.  They’ve flopped on 3 different QBs in the Top 5 of the Draft with three different GMs in the past 20 years.  They’ve found better guys at 14, 26, 36 than they did at 2, 3, 5, 11, etc.

They left better guys on the board again last year at #15 who at this point would have been very, very helpful to have on offense (Zay Flowers, Smith-Njigba, Jordan Addison, La Porta, etc.) To be clear, I do think Will McDonald will become a good starter here eventually.  But he wasn’t the right pick.

Good teams succeed no matter where they pick. It’s about the PICKER and the coaches….not the Draft position. JMHO.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Cope city. Statistically your odds of landing a blue chip player are significantly higher the higher you pick. Falling out of the top ten is a disaster. 

You may be right overall from a simplistic view. Like drafting #5 is better than drafting at #30.

But you're not considering the difference between 6-12 is fairly minor.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets took Becton at #11…..but AVT at #14

They took Zach at #2….but Jermaine Johnson at #26

When it comes to where the Jets Draft….

200.gif?cid=d9212ad9ydt1nllh4hdg9gtdjzwj

I mean yeah.  But you pick high enough you can also trade down for an enormous package.  Other than 2021….We’re never even in position to do that.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets have consistently drafted high with inordinately poor results.  They’ve flopped on 3 different QBs in the Top 5 of the Draft with three different GMs in the past 20 years.  They’ve found better guys at 14, 26, 36 than they did at 2, 3, 5, 11, etc.

They left better guys on the board again last year at #15 who at this point would have been very, very helpful to have on offense (Zay Flowers, Smith-Njigba, Jordan Addison, La Porta, etc.) To be clear, I do think Will McDonald will become a good starter here eventually.  But he wasn’t the right pick.

Good teams succeed no matter where they pick. It’s about the PICKER and the coaches….not the Draft position. JMHO.

Forget about results.  The draft is all i have left. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JTJet said:

You may be right overall from a simplistic view. Like drafting #5 is better than drafting at #30.

Handing the Pats MHJ was not minor though.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, JTJet said:

In this draft I think it’s pretty major. Off the top of my head there are eight players that are a cut above the rest of the class, and now we’re likely picking in no man’s land. 

Williams

Maye

Daniels

Alt 

Fashanu

Harrison

Nabers

Odunze

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Depends on the year, and the guy making the picks. I’m terrified we’ll take a TE now, in this spot, because we whiffed on this past year’s great class. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

9 months ago the Jets took Will McDonald at #15.  We watched WR’s Zay Flowers and Jordan Addison go at #22 and #23.

I wish the JETS had drafted later last year.  Maybe they would have been forced to “settle” for one of those guys.

We would have taken McDonald at 22 or 23.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PS17 said:

In this draft I think it’s pretty major. Off the top of my head there are eight players that are a cut above the rest of this class, and now we’re likely picking in no man’s land. 

Williams

Maye

Daniels

Alt 

Fashanu

Harrison

Nabers

Odunze

This is assuming all those guys are picked ahead of us. 

That virtually never happens like we think it does. Teams fall in love with players up and down the board. 

I GUARANTEE that if we picked #5, everyone would be cursing that there's only 4 good players, or if we picked #7, that theres only 6 good players. 

This happens every year on the board no matter where we pick. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, JTJet said:

That virtually never happens like we think it does. Teams fall in love with players up and down the board. 

I GUARANTEE that if we picked #5, everyone would be cursing that there's only 4 good players, or if we picked #7, that theres only 6 good players. 

Yes, but I need something to complain about. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Handing the Pats MHJ was not minor though.

Does it seem like a Patriots thing to do to take a WR at 2?

I bet they trade it down for a haul, stock up on picks for a new coach to have ammo for a few years. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

My biggest issue was dropping back two sports and losing out on the tackle. Unless someone falls we don’t expect I would mind reading back a little recouping our second.  Like you said you can find good players in the teens early 20’s

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JTJet said:

True.  Damned if you do damned if you don’t.  

• Upvote 1