Saleh Coming to His Senses on One Vet?

CrazyCarl40

19 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’d rather Ruckert make a growing/learning penalty than CJ Uzomah making terrible penalties with 9 years in the league under his belt. 

I'd also play Ruckert.  CJ also had a wonderful drop in the endzone a few weeks ago (wouldn't have changed the game that much).  I'm just saying Ruckert needs to learn and not do that anymore.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Because replacing a 3rd string RB is a little different then replacing the starting QB? Just my guess. 

Correct -- because QB is much more important and continuing to start a non-competitive player at that position is much more detrimental.

43 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Also he's far from the worst player on the field. But whatevs.

How so? What player is clearly worse at their position than Zach Wilson is at QB? I'll hang up and listen.

• More Ugh 1

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Correct -- because QB is much more important and continuing to start a non-competitive player at that position is much more detrimental.

How so? What player is clearly worse at their position than Zach Wilson is at QB? I'll hang up and listen.

Lazard 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

True.

Also true that 2 weeks ago Ruckert had limited playing time and was still able to pick up 2 costly penalties.

True as that may be, that is somewhat expected for a second year player. Not what Uzomah was brought here for and he’s making dumber mistakes. Worse since he was brought here for his veteran leadership. 

So easy to blame Woody for the horrible offensive product on the field but maybe it went down like this.

August meeting:  Woody, JD, Saleh

Woody— you guys are sure Zach can step in if Rodgers gets hurt?

JD/Saleh— yes … he has improved so much.  The coaching change has done wonders.  He’s our guy

After Bills game

Woody—sh*ttt, do we need to find a better alternative given the entent of Aaron’s injury?

JD/Saleh— Nope, did you see Zach out there tonight.  He even dodged that water bottle!

Pre Trade Deadline

Woody— Do we need to better support Zach and help boost the Offense?

JD/Saleh— Nope, we are about to break thru.  Did you see Uzomah’s PFF grade?  Michael Carter is getting close to his rookie form ..

Post Chargers Loss

JD/Saleh— We think it’s time to sit Zach.

Woody— You guys are bigger shmucks than I am..

Post Raiders game

JD/Saleh— Carter is a serious problem.  Uzomah needs to benched ..

Woody— You ******* idiots ..

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Lazard sucks but he had 60 catches for 800 yards and 6 TDs last year.

Zach Wilson will never sniff the QB equivalent of that.

Our best hope on Lazard is that he's playing so poorly right now because he's injured.  Hopefully he'll heal up enough to play better the rest of the way.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JetPotato said:

How to fix the most broken offense in the league in years, according to Milquetoast Bobby: cut the 3rd string RB and adjust the mix at TE2 slightly. Hug QB1 and OC. 

MC was awful in pass blocking bottom of the league and couldn’t catch

he was the worst 3rd down back in the league and our 3rd down offense is a joke

Can’t help but think he had a big part in that 

• Upvote 1

How to fix the most broken offense in the league in years, according to Milquetoast Bobby: cut the 3rd string RB and adjust the mix at TE2 slightly. Hug QB1 and OC. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

On one hand there's something to be said for not being some knee-jerk decision maker and impulsively making changes that might have negative ripples in the locker room (Carter and Uzomah being well known for being well liked/popular glue guys.)

On the other hand why does it take the season falling apart and falling out of playoff contention to put the best players on the field?

And why is the worst player on the field completely immune from losing his job? *

* Bolded excerpt denotes Zachary Kapono Wilson.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

21 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

We’ve only been screaming for weeks that Ruckert is one of the best blockers on this team and the RBs would benefit greatly if he got more snaps. 

Good move.  Second year player should start making some noise.  Put all three tes on the field.  Uzomah was supposed to be noted for his blocking.

If I were this teams offensive coordinator, I’d be living in 12 personnel.  Conklin and Ruckert.  Wilson and a rotating 2nd WR starting with Gibson. Unless it’s 3 and 7 plus, I’m in that formation and using it to build the under center PA game, which is about the only thing I trust Wilson on.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Conklin, Ruckert, Yeboah. 

Inactive - Uzomah for the remainder of the season.

Instantly better.

Agreed. Got rid of Carter , Uzomah hopefully next. Get rid of two guys who not only didn’t add anything to the effort by their play but actually killed us with penalties . Major addition by subtraction.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

So easy to blame Woody for the horrible offensive product on the field but maybe it went down like this.

August meeting:  Woody, JD, Saleh

Woody— you guys are sure Zach can step in if Rodgers gets hurt?

JD/Saleh— yes … he has improved so much.  The coaching change has done wonders.  He’s our guy

After Bills game

Woody—sh*ttt, do we need to find a better alternative given the entent of Aaron’s injury?

JD/Saleh— Nope, did you see Zach out there tonight.  He even dodged that water bottle!

Pre Trade Deadline

Woody— Do we need to better support Zach and help boost the Offense?

JD/Saleh— Nope, we are about to break thru.  Did you see Uzomah’s PFF grade?  Michael Carter is getting close to his rookie form ..

Post Chargers Loss

JD/Saleh— We think it’s time to sit Zach.

Woody— You guys are bigger shmucks than I am..

Post Raiders game

JD/Saleh— Carter is a serious problem.  Uzomah needs to benched ..

Woody— You ******* idiots ..

Pfft. The only thing Woody cares is about in these meetings is "Guys do you think I should wear my chain on the outside or tuck inside my shirt or maybe leave it at home this time?"

"Yeah, you're right. Unbutton the shirt and let it fly!!"

"Yeah yeah offense, but did you see my boy with Taylor Swift?!"

• Haha 1

On 11/15/2023 at 11:01 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

We’ve only been screaming for weeks that Ruckert is one of the best blockers on this team and the RBs would benefit greatly if he got more snaps. 

This is one of the reasons why Robert Saleh is a terrible head coach.  He gets paid to make the tough decisions, and he was "afraid" to make this decision, even though everyone and their uncle knew that Ruckert should be playing instead of Uzomah.  Saleh jeopardized the well being of the team, and did not put the best players on the field, because he was timid.

You are trying to win games, not be the most likeable head coach in the NFL.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, Alka said:

This is one of the reasons why Robert Saleh is a terrible head coach.  He gets paid to make the tough decisions, and he was "afraid" to make this decision, even though everyone and their uncle knew that Ruckert should be playing instead of Uzomah.  Saleh jeopardized the well being of the team, and did not put the best players on the field, because he was timid.

You are trying to win games, not be the most likeable head coach in the NFL.  

You nailed it!!

Thats why I don’t feel sorry for him even if Woody is now making him stick with Zach.

Saleh’s decision making has been very bad … a lot of times.  Same with JD’s.

At a certain point, an owner might say, ‘no, we are sticking with your plan and you buffoons told me Zach was the guy to start for the full season after Aaron got hurt.  That’s why we didn’t trade for someone better.’

• Upvote 1

On 11/15/2023 at 11:01 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

So they finally agree they have been playing 2 stiff RB's, a bum at TE and a 2nd and 3rd receiver who stink, behind the worst offensive line in the game.  Zach is a problem, but who could succeed behind a bad line with 5 stiff in you stock of potential weapons.  Oh, let's layer critical penalty after critical penalty on top of that.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

So they finally agree they have been playing 2 stiff RB's, a bum at TE and a 2nd and 3rd receiver who stink, behind the worst offensive line in the game.  Zach is a problem, but who could succeed behind a bad line with 5 stiff in you stock of potential weapons.  Oh, let's layer critical penalty after critical penalty on top of that.

And to think JD didn’t try to make a smart trade or 2 to bolster the offense and support Zach for the stretch run.

People-Jones or Ezra Cleveland 

JD was on a huge roll but the decisions he’s made since acquiring Rodgers have been TERRIBLE.