Bills Week - Season On The Line

3 hours ago, THE BARON said:

jets play so much man, it leaves things open for josh allen to rip off big runs.  it will stop long pass plays, but there is that down side to the scheme.  i wonder if they can assign a lb to double as a spy on josh without turning the scheme into a mess

I'd like to see if Quincy Williams would make a good spy on Allen.  He has the speed and the hard hitting to probably be effective against him.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Rochester Jets said:

I'd like to see if Quincy Williams would make a good spy on Allen.  He has the speed and the hard hitting to probably be effective against him.  

he could handle him.  so could mosley, i think.  wondering though, how much of a burden that would put on pass defense to dedicate a lb to act as a spy.  it would also allow saleh to pop a red blitz on josh if you keep a lb in.   it is not like beefalo has a whole host of great pass catchers.  a spy would probably work out. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Rochester Jets said:

It's really hilarious that Zach Wilson keeps beating up on the Bills.  I mean I know it's really the defense that's been giving them fits, but it's still comical.

last year he had a very solid game against the Bills - this year he had timely plays. It just seems as though it all falls into place for Zach against Buffalo. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Like that we can start f***ing up other teams seasons real hard ... the Bills cannot afford to lose this game.

This team usually is better at roadblocking other team's success vs. creating our own success lol.

With a tough schedule remaining for Buffalo, a loss to us will surely kick them out of division contention and probably playoffs too.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, New York Mick said:

The season is on the line for the Bills not the Jets. The Jets season was over as soon as Rodgers got hurt 

Exactly and we need to start playing like that, especially on offense.

Open up the playbook + Play a little no huddle in the 1st quarter + Sprinkle in some trick plays + Go for it on 4th down + Throw the ball on 1st down

I'm tired of our offense playing scared for the last...23/24 years?

23 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Exactly and we need to start playing like that, especially on offense.

Open up the playbook + Play a little no huddle in the 1st quarter + Sprinkle in some trick plays + Go for it on 4th down + Throw the ball on 1st down

I'm tired of our offense playing scared for the last...23/24 years?

we went no huddle in a recent game (I don't recall which one) with #2 calling plays at the line. It looked super awkward like he was slow to come up with the answers/struggling and by the time he was done spitting them out the defense had already adjusted. 

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

we went no huddle in a recent game (I don't recall which one) with #2 calling plays at the line. It looked super awkward like he was slow to come up with the answers/struggling and by the time he was done spitting them out the defense had already adjusted. 

We did it in the Chargers game - we moved the ball a bit, but stalled on LAC's side of the field, as per usual

• More Ugh 1

Bills Week - Season On The Line

Sean McDermott's job might be on the line as well, although maybe not quite yet after just switching the OC.  But imagine the mood in Buffalo if they lose to a Zach Wilson-led Jets team for the second time this season.  They meltdown would be worse than anything we've seen here.  The Bills came into the season discussing whether they can finally jump KC to get to a Super Bowl.  Right now, a Wild Card isn't even in the bag for them.

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Sean McDermott's job might be on the line as well, although maybe not quite yet after just switching the OC.  But imagine the mood in Buffalo if they lose to a Zach Wilson-led Jets team for the second time this season.  They meltdown would be worse than anything we've seen here.  The Bills came into the season discussing whether they can finally jump KC to get to a Super Bowl.  Right now, a Wild Card isn't even in the bag for them.

Didn't they extend McD and Beane before the season?

I don't think he's on the hot seat.

3 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

I'm pretty doompilled about the offense but the dumb part of my brain wonders if they're due for some bounces to go their way. Like, they can't be THIS bad all the time right? 

Overall, the team had some bad bounces in Vegas (and vs the Chargers).  The punt return against the Jets for a TD, fumbles by Garrett and Zach, etc.  The Jets are built to play with a lead and if they get in a hole early it seems all but over.  That's what happened vs LAC.  I'd have to hope that they get a bounce or two early.  This team is in dire need of a Sauce pick-6 another strip sack fumble for a TD (like in Denver).

The most frustrating thing for me (and people have been giving me crap about harping on it), is the rushing game and Breece Hall.  He's done nothing, literally almost nothing since catching that Wilson sidearm pass and juking two Giants to take it to the house.  He's been averaging between 2.5 and 3.5 yards per carry for multiple weeks.  I don't want to hear about stacked boxes.  Defenses are bracketing Garrett Wilson with CB and S, we've got multiple TEs running (at least one usually dragging a LB into coverage).  Other NFL teams are able to rush the ball when the opposing defense is trying to stop the run.  IMO, the lack of a rushing game is a bigger reason for the offensive ineptitude than people are talking about.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Overall, the team had some bad bounces in Vegas (and vs the Chargers).  The punt return against the Jets for a TD, fumbles by Garrett and Zach, etc.  The Jets are built to play with a lead and if they get in a hole early it seems all but over.  That's what happened vs LAC.  I'd have to hope that they get a bounce or two early.  This team is in dire need of a Sauce pick-6 another strip sack fumble for a TD (like in Denver).

The most frustrating thing for me (and people have been giving me crap about harping on it), is the rushing game and Breece Hall.  He's done nothing, literally almost nothing since catching that Wilson sidearm pass and juking two Giants to take it to the house.  He's been averaging between 2.5 and 3.5 yards per carry for multiple weeks.  I don't want to hear about stacked boxes.  Defenses are bracketing Garrett Wilson with CB and S, we've got multiple TEs running (at least one usually dragging a LB into coverage).  Other NFL teams are able to rush the ball when the opposing defense is trying to stop the run.  IMO, the lack of a rushing game is a bigger reason for the offensive ineptitude than people are talking about.

If I had to be honest, Breece looks slow cutting. I think he is a year away from full recovery 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

If I had to be honest, Breece looks slow cutting. I think he is a year away from full recovery 

I agree with this regarding Hall's recovery.   Didn't it take Barkley a similar amount of time to really get back to his old self?  If Izzy A. is playing, Hackett needs to get him and Breece going with the short game out of the backfield.  Those dudes are fast and Buffalo's LB's are banged up.  I feel like this could actually help the O move the ball, eat up clock, and hopefully get a TD or two.  Then, let the rested D crush Josh and their offense.

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

This place has an unhealthy Zach Wilson obsession and will never acknowledge it, but you are absolutely right. He’s had a bad stretch of games. 

Zach Wilson is the biggest issue, but this running game has been poopy since week 5 in Denver. 

It all comes down to lay execution.  Go watch Blewitt piece on jetsX on the raiders game. I didn’t watch the whole thing but the part I did watch showed two drops by gWilson on good throws, two holds by uzomah, one hold by Tomlinson, and two block whiffs by becton.  Each one of those would’ve resulted in long gains or a td (in the case of the uzomah hold).  But the general consensus is all Zach.  That game was maybe ten percent on Zach the rest was on poor play execution.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I'll say -- watching the Lions absolutley blow the Chargers off the line of scrimmage and run down their throats was a bit illuminating. Granted the Lions OL is awesome but like, there's no reason Breece should have had 3.1 YPC against that team.

I think it's an OL issue rather than a Breece issue and teams are stacking the box against Zach because of how limited he is... But still.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This place has an unhealthy Zach Wilson obsession and will never acknowledge it, but you are absolutely right. He’s had a bad stretch of games. 

Zach Wilson is the biggest issue, but this running game has been poopy since week 5 in Denver. 

Zach is bad, but we've known that.  He's playing almost exactly how we'd expect, maybe slightly better, but certainly not a QB1 level that leads a team to the playoffs.  Breece is coming off an injury, and he gets the benefit of the doubt because he's clearly an excellent player.  But three weeks is a legitimate trend at this point.  He hasn't been very good and Dalvin Cook has honestly looked just a little bit better (given a VERY small sample size of carries).

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'll say -- watching the Lions absolutley blow the Chargers off the line of scrimmage and run down their throats was a bit illuminating. Granted the Lions OL is awesome but like, there's no reason Breece should have had 3.1 YPC against that team.

I think it's an OL issue rather than a Breece issue and teams are stacking the box against Zach because of how limited he is... But still.

No doubt the OL is a big difference.  But around here it's been almost unallowable to say that the OL is a reason that Breece or Zach may be playing worse than they otherwise would if we had AVT, McGovern, etc. out there.  The OL is the straw that stirs the drink for the offense.  Without it you can't pass or run well.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, rangerous said:

It all comes down to lay execution.  Go watch Blewitt piece on jetsX on the raiders game. I didn’t watch the whole thing but the part I did watch showed two drops by gWilson on good throws, two holds by uzomah, one hold by Tomlinson, and two block whiffs by becton.  Each one of those would’ve resulted in long gains or a td (in the case of the uzomah hold).  But the general consensus is all Zach.  That game was maybe ten percent on Zach the rest was on poor play execution.

lol I said this and got like 33 thumbs down