Regarding number 3, Joe B, are you serious?

On 12/2/2023 at 11:04 AM, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Saleh is really way out of his league.  Did he not consider that Joe would repeat this nugget on the air? Guy has to go

This was quite apparent last year when the he let the Mike White bullsht slide.  Allowing players to wear the MW t shirts.  Regardless of how he or anyone else felt about Zach, there is no way any decent head coach let that happen.  He's a joke.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 12/2/2023 at 10:50 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Did anyone catch Joe Benigno's "Oh The Pain" podcast yesterday ("Preview NFL week 13")?  For those who don't know, Benigno and Saleh have become friends.  Benigno even texts Saleh after games.  Anyway, on yesterday's episode (at around the 10m 30s mark), Benigno said he laid out a 6-tier plan to fix the team that he texted to Saleh.

Point #3 was "you've gotta go back to Zach".  As bad as Zach is, he gives you the best chance to win.  Tim Boyle can't play.  Trevor Siemian is terrible.  The best chance for the Jets to win is going back to Zach Wilson".

Benigno said Saleh texted him back with "regarding number 3, Joe B, are you serious?"

And people wondering why Zach doesn’t want to go back out there for the team…….

Here the HC is literally demeaning and mocking Zach Wilson with a media member, that he benched and now is having to beg Zach to go back into the game because he is the best QB on the roster!

And what is worse, if Zach doesn’t start as a result of these series of stories, the Jets will be essentially admitting that they are NOT putting out the best QB who gives them a chance to win!

Saleh saying this couldn’t be this stupid, right?This is impossible right….and Saleh actually did this…. For real…

Dude trying to get fired!

Good Grief!!!!! :( 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 12/2/2023 at 11:36 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Exactly

Saleh either has lost his marbles or has no common sense whatsoever.  As HC, you CANNOT have such a close relationship with a guy in the media.  But even if he wants to be friends with Joe B, he has to account for the fact that Joe B doesn't hold things back.  No matter what you think of ZW, WTF is Saleh doing saying stuff like this?!

What an utterly pathetic leader he is!

This 100%!!

The posters on this forum AREN'T this stupid!

Saleh shouldn’t be running a peanut stand with this type of discretion!!

Good Grief! :( 

On 12/2/2023 at 11:28 AM, Augustiniak said:

To be fair saleh has had little choice with his qbs, and he benched wilson as soon as he was allowed last year.  

He did have a choice. His choice was to not go to JD and say we can’t make a playoff run without a viable veteran backup QB. We’re redshirting ZW this season and Boyle is terrible. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 12/2/2023 at 11:15 AM, slimjasi said:

Zach is done here, but starting Boyle over Siemian is a borderline fireable offense. 

Only the Jets could bench Zach Wilson for someone who might be worse. 

Are you kidding. Is this a joke. Do you remember how bad Zach was playing. No TD's. The guy can't  throw even 1 TD pass a game. Back breaking turnovers in key spots in nearly every game. Needs amazing ST and plays by Hall turning dump offs into long TDs to win. Benching Zach had to be done, the problem was who was backing him up. As I write this, it just makes me think JD should be fired. 

On 12/2/2023 at 11:30 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

You might be right.  But if they gave up while still having a shot at the playoffs (no matter how unlikely it is), that means the rumor that JD and Saleh have been given assurances that they're coming back is probably true.  

If Zach was still playing, we don't  get a different result. It wouldn't  matter. At least now we know Boyle and TS both suck and can't  be the backups and Hackett can't  coach his way out of a paper bag. 

24 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Are you kidding. Is this a joke. Do you remember how bad Zach was playing. No TD's. The guy can't  throw even 1 TD pass a game. Back breaking turnovers in key spots in nearly every game. Needs amazing ST and plays by Hall turning dump offs into long TDs to win. Benching Zach had to be done, the problem was who was backing him up. As I write this, it just makes me think JD should be fired. 

I never said Zach shouldn’t have been benched. I said Boyle should have never started over Siemian. 

So, no, I wasn’t joking. 

and after watching them play, Boyle is clearly the worst QB on the roster. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I never said Zach shouldn’t have been benched. I said Boyle should have never started over Siemian. 

So, no, I wasn’t joking. 

and after watching them play, Boyle is clearly the worst QB on the roster. 

What's the difference. Neither one deserves to be in the NFL 

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What's the difference. Neither one deserves to be in the NFL 

Well, Siemian has had a modicum of success in the NFL. I believe there is a tangible difference between Boyle and Siemian for their careers - which is why I was highly critical of this staff letting Boyle start a game. 

Are all three QBs bad? Yes, of course. 

• Upvote 1

Saleh has gotten the Jets into the gold zone.   I give him and JD credit.   The Jets are the most entertaining team 6 days a week during the season.   They routinely win the off-season.   It’s only 17 days a year when they suck.  I would give both JD and Saleh an extension.  The Jets may be the most entertaining side show in the NFL.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Well, Siemian has had a modicum of success in the NFL. I believe there is a tangible difference between Boyle and Siemian for their careers - which is why I was highly critical of this staff letting Boyle start a game. 

It’s hard to make a good steak if you don’t thaw it out.  Siemian was taken out of the deep freeze and thrown on a hot grill.   I would have thawed him out at room temp for at least a few hours.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

It’s hard to make a good steak if you don’t thaw it out.  Siemian was taken out of the deep freeze and thrown on a hot grill.   I would have thawed him out at room temp for at least a few hours.  

How long does he take to thaw?  Weren't there like 2 months between the time he was signed vs the time he got game action? 

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How long does he take to thaw?  Weren't there like 2 months between the time he was signed vs the time he got game action? 

I seriously doubt they gave him a playbook until Yesterday.  I was surprised they found him before game time. 

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Saleh has gotten the Jets into the gold zone.   I give him and JD credit.   The Jets are the most entertaining team 6 days a week during the season.   They routinely win the off-season.   It’s only 17 days a year when they suck.  I would give both JD and Saleh an extension.  The Jets may be the most entertaining side show in the NFL.

This is a great outlook. Being a Jets fan is spectacularly fun March through August and honestly pretty stress-free in January and February. That's 8 solid months of no pain! 

I'm looking forward to another offseason championship this year. 

Thank you, Joe Douglas, thank you!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Community GIF

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This is a great outlook. Being a Jets fan is spectacularly fun March through August and honestly pretty stress-free in January and February. That's 8 solid months of no pain! 

I'm looking forward to another offseason championship this year. 

Thank you, Joe Douglas, thank you!

Great point.

@The Crusher please change my name to JiF-JetsfaneverydaytheJetsarentplayingJagsfanwhentheJetsareplaying.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It would have made a lot more sense to make him the starter after the Bills game and give him a proper chance to lead the offense for a couple of weeks. 

The stupidity if this actually happened, by Saleh to say and Benigo to broadcast it, is mind-boggling.  The only possible out for Saleh is what was the context of their previous discussions?  Could Beningo have been saying all year get Zach out of there, and now recommending he's put back in?  IMO that is the only qualifier that would let Saleh off the hook on this one, as his response could have been "are you serious?"

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Boyle was in the system and with the Jets much longer than Siemian.  I don't know that he ever crossed paths with Hackett, but he was in Tennessee with Downing and Carter for a couple of months.  If they benched Zach shortly after Rodgers injury it would have made sense.  Siemian has been with the team for two months.  He should have had a pretty good grasp.

On 12/2/2023 at 10:50 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Did anyone catch Joe Benigno's "Oh The Pain" podcast yesterday ("Preview NFL week 13")?  For those who don't know, Benigno and Saleh have become friends.  Benigno even texts Saleh after games.  Anyway, on yesterday's episode (at around the 10m 30s mark), Benigno said he laid out a 6-tier plan to fix the team that he texted to Saleh.

Point #3 was "you've gotta go back to Zach".  As bad as Zach is, he gives you the best chance to win.  Tim Boyle can't play.  Trevor Siemian is terrible.  The best chance for the Jets to win is going back to Zach Wilson".

Benigno said Saleh texted him back with "regarding number 3, Joe B, are you serious?"

I heard/watched him say it on Evan and Tiki yesterday.

Catching up to this hot topic now… we REALLY think that’s Saleh saying ‘are you serious I hate Zach’ and not ‘are you serious you lunatics wanted to shoot him outside the stadium until today’?

Come on guys… more nonsense that will get blown up. Stop running with these things just because you want Saleh fired. The product on offense is enough without letting the media fabricate garbage

• Upvote 1