National rhetoric around Zachs victimhood

Jet hustle

It is basically the state of news and sports media - you simply have to tune it out

the next few days will also be about the controversy with the chiefs and according to them the great play taken away

one problem though - toney was offsides period end of story

but being the victim sells so that is what they will push

shoukd not have to be this way but you simply have to ignore

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Jets are a joke, and its becasue Woody is a joke. They do the same stupid sh*t time after time and never learn. They draft a highly rated QB prospect pair him with a first time HC who is a DC who will defend and protect his defense at all costs, who hires a sh*tty inexperienced OC with zero experience in developing a QB. Said QB busts, and Jets fans bash the living sh*t out of the young QB who never asked to come here, and absolve all the morons who keep doing the stupid sh*t and saying how good they are. The non Jets fan sees exactly whats going on, its the Jets fan who is blinded

Jets fans are often and unfortunately self loathing and we don’t want to admit that there is something wrong with the Jets as an organization!!!!

Let’s look at a take that was posted before and is closer to reality than we want to admit!

Ummmmmm follow the link ..

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I don’t believe it was the Jets fault. My take on Zach is that he has all the tools to be a very good NFL QB. His problem is in his head. Yesterday, and perhaps for the remainder of the season, he may be relaxed enough to play his best football. However I think he thinks too much and it slows down his processing. 

If we believe that then you should be in the pro-Zach camp.  Keep him but build a much more competent supporting cast around him to make things easier (which is a situation that he might be able to thrive in).

10 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Jets are a joke, and its becasue Woody is a joke. They do the same stupid sh*t time after time and never learn. They draft a highly rated QB prospect pair him with a first time HC who is a DC who will defend and protect his defense at all costs, who hires a sh*tty inexperienced OC with zero experience in developing a QB. Said QB busts, and Jets fans bash the living sh*t out of the young QB who never asked to come here, and absolve all the morons who keep doing the stupid sh*t and saying how good they are. The non Jets fan sees exactly whats going on, its the Jets fan who is blinded

I'm of a similar opinion.  Zach wasn't handled as badly as Darnold was but they still effed things up pretty good.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm of a similar opinion.  Zach wasn't handled as badly as Darnold was but they still effed things up pretty good.

Wilson was put in similar situations as all top drafted qbs.  It’s clear wilson needed years of developing to play and that’s why he shouldn’t have been drafted so high.  Still, he has not presented the intangibles required for the position yet. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

What’s funny is Mac Jones has gotten it 20x worse, but we don’t hear anything about it. 

When you have/had Brady you get a pass and i get it.  Fair or not.

i hope the jets flip wilson for as good apick as they can get.  Get him out of here, better for both sides.  But the jets need to alter the criteria for picking qbs.  Intangibles, leadership, maturity and real body of work should outweigh an arm.  While the OL has been a work in progress b/c of injuries, qbs around the league have the same issues and still manage to score tds on occasion.  

2 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

This whole Zach played "wide open eff it hero ball and was great" is such a BS narrative.

He had a very nice game. He executed plays he previously failed to in most other games.

By any measure it was not a gunslinger game at all. Such nonsense.

The problem and what so many are missing is that this is what we expected to see sometimes in his rookie year.  Flash games.  Playing with confidence.  Accuracy and game awareness.  

And yet they still had 0 at halftime.  He is the worst qb in the first half I’ve ever seen. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Things were soooo bad his rookie year, NO skill position players, garbage OL, running for his life almost every play, they just drummed into his head to Never make a mistake, Never turn the ball over, that in Year 3 you saw him take a Sack on 4th and 10 instead of just throwing the ball up straight in the air which would have been better.

Hope Wilson comes at Miami with the Same “just Rip It” style he played with against KC and Houston.  If he does you’ll have a game to watch.

• Upvote 4

Whichever narrative rankles the Jets’ fans more is what the media will choose. Today, it’s Zach had always been good, but our organization held him back. Despite 30+ games to the contrary. This was proven inaccurate ad nasuem last year with White and anyone not Wilson in Lafleur’s offense.  He has four more games to regress to his baseline. If not, great, some other foolish franchise will give assets for fool’s gold. 

• Upvote 3

• I think that Zack, even at his best, would not be a good QB for the NYJ.  Helping him be his best and develop is still the best thing.
  • A 3rd round pick and off loading his salary would be a good thing.  If he is functional and can be backup QB2, that is probably also a good use of his salary/cap space.  If he moves on he is a high comp pick. 
  • It will always be hard to be a QB2 behind AR8, because the offense will be set up for only AR8, so when AR8 goes down, you need an entirely different offense. 
  • If Zach plays well, we win too many games the rest of the way, putting us out of range for a pick that would actually help AR8 2024.
  • I can see a DJ franchise tag potential, no 5th year option, for Zach Wilson. 

49 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I don’t believe it was the Jets fault. My take on Zach is that he has all the tools to be a very good NFL QB. His problem is in his head. Yesterday, and perhaps for the remainder of the season, he may be relaxed enough to play his best football. However I think he thinks too much and it slows down his processing. 

Thing is we've got quite the track record for failing with highly drafted QBs, so it becomes a "Jets thing" rather than "a QB thing". Even though "the Jets" is only a logo, a team name and a 'virtual' entity across the time span involved.

Different GMs, scouts, draft personnel, and coaches have all failed over a long period of time to find and develop a QB via the draft. They didn't do that because of the color of hat they wore. There's no common element linking them. Correlation vs. causation.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The problem and what so many are missing is that this is what we expected to see sometimes in his rookie year.  Flash games.  Playing with confidence.  Accuracy and game awareness.  

And yet they still had 0 at halftime.  He is the worst qb in the first half I’ve ever seen. 

I am not a Zach believer but I would give him a pass on the first half zero due to weather conditions. Stroud had the same results. It would have been easy to throw ints and fumble the ball but he didnt screw it up.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

This whole Zach played "wide open eff it hero ball and was great" is such a BS narrative.

He had a very nice game. He executed plays he previously failed to in most other games.

I don’t think many are saying hero ball.  That was his rookie year.

But there is a middle ground between hero ball and playing scared (aka tentative).

The Jets let him throw on early downs in the second half.  Early and often.

They ran some creative plays rather than playing tight.  Pre snap movement, play action after throwing on first down …

The team responded and rallied in the 2nd half.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I loved this quote from Saleh

"The second half, I thought Zach probably played the best game of his career," coach Robert Saleh said, via the Associated Press. 

:D  

• Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Except it was.  

• Thumb Down 1