National rhetoric around Zachs victimhood

Jet hustle

1 hour ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

They’re appeasing him by trading him?

Yes, by agreeing to trade a person without knowing the parameters based upon what was leaked, yes that is appeasement.

At the end of the day, you make decisions as to what is best at that time for the team and do not lock yourself into a position because a person is complaining or disgruntled.

And it is too soon to be saying you are trading someone when there are 5 games left and they are your starting QB!

Think about it, by saying that you must trade Wilson  this summer and it is leaked in newspapers, do you thnk folks are going to give you more or less?

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

On offense not really. Becton won’t be back. AVT is always hurt. Mims and Moore were busts. Carter and Perine same thing. Mitchell will likely be a backup which is fine. Those are a bunch of misses.

Yet you skip over Breece Hall because he missed on Carter in the 4th?  For real? LOL great.  Let’s double down with complaining that another 4th round pick, Perine didn’t pan out.  
Mims was a bust, OK, the guy the board wanted in the first busted, happens.  

And really, calling AVT a bust or  miss because he’s been injured twice is so wrong.  

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yet you skip over Breece Hall because he missed on Carter in the 4th?  For real? LOL great.  Let’s double down with complaining that another 4th round pick, Perine didn’t pan out.  
Mims was a bust, OK, the guy the board wanted in the first busted, happens.  

And really, calling AVT a bust or  miss because he’s been injured twice is so wrong.  

Complaining? It’s the GMs job to hit on these picks. Stevenson was the next back to be drafted after Carter. I acknowledged that the 2022 front end of the draft is where basically all of this teams talent came from, which includes Hall. 

Zuniga and Greenard were on the same team and drafted in the same round within 10 picks of each other- that’s a whiff. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

On offense not really. Becton won’t be back. AVT is always hurt. Mims and Moore were busts. Carter and Perine same thing. Mitchell will likely be a backup which is fine. Those are a bunch of misses.

Moore is not a bust. having a good year in Cleveland.

but you can blame JD for getting rid of him because he spoke out against the boy Prince.

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

Moore is not a bust. having a good year in Cleveland.

but you can blame JD for getting rid of him because he spoke out against the boy Prince.

He's getting more yards because he's getting thrown the ball more. He is averaging 2 less yards per catch then last season. His catch % is also lower. That's what happens when your team has no WRs other than Amari Cooper. Kind of like how our RB Breece Hall has 430 yards of receiving, or how Braxton Berrios had over 400 yards receiving in 2021.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Hex said:

He's getting more yards because he's getting thrown the ball more. He is averaging 2 less yards per catch then last season. His catch % is also lower. That's what happens when your team has no WRs other than Amari Cooper. Kind of like how our RB Breece Hall has 430 yards of receiving, or how Braxton Berrios had over 400 yards receiving in 2021.

crazy stat, GW is only 2 % better than Moore in catch %. and he is rank 134th in the NFL.

i was going to say dont you wish we had him instead of Lazzard but this year it wouldnt matter. our WR2 Lazzard has 40 targets so Moore still wouldnt see the ball here too. Zach looks at one WR and thats GW. thats why GW catch % is so bad. 

he is going to end the season with over 60 maybe even 70 catches. not bad for a #2.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, football guy said:

My gut says Zach will be back. I think Aaron and Joe Douglas are truly invested in him and I think that means a lot to him. He's been through it all and has grown a lot personally and professionally throughout his 3 years here. He went into this season expecting to be Aaron's backup for 2-3 years before taking back the reigns, then sh*t hit the fan. Maybe reflecting on this year he'll change his perspective but my gut says he'll ultimately be happy to come back. 

I think you’re right.

It appears that Rodgers not only has his back 100% but loves him.

Douglas will need to have his arm broken to throw away the poker hand of his personal #2 Pick.  Wilson “shows out” the rest of the year HE STAYS in NY.

This all will become very apparent if Wilson lights it up Sunday in Miami and to finish out the rest of the season.  Not saying that will happen but it’s possible if you look at a pattern, what everyone called “Wilson’s last game” vs KC he outplays Mahomes, was told by Saleh pre game to “just let it Rip”.  Then for the next 2 games Can’t Hackett probably thought it would be “tricky” to run into the middle of the line on 1st and 2nd down producing 3rd and long after 3rd and long like he has done most of the season, so that’s how he calls Wilson’s last 2 games prior to his benching, fast forward to Houston yesterday the SAME scenario plays out with Wilson being told to “just let it Rip”.

Who knows what they’ll do in Miami, but I’d really like to see Wilson allowed to play without the unusual handcuffs on once again.  The “money line” from Vegas is close to +500 Jets meaning they give the Jets almost no shot to win the game, just with the Jet D alone that’s too much.

Again, love to see Wilson go over 300 yards again and at least give Miami a scare…..and watch this board melt down haha.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

That's ironic coming from you mate, you're almost as long-winded as @Sperm Edwards and I, lol.

As I said, the case was closed on the topic and I’m left to assume whatever you wrote has nothing to do with football, thus not worth my time. If you choose to read my long-winded posts that’s your decision.

I know you have an obsession with getting in the last word so respond if you must, but I can assure you it will accomplish nothing other than momentarily increasing your self esteem. Have a good night

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

crazy stat, GW is only 2 % better than Moore in catch %. and he is rank 134th in the NFL.

i was going to say dont you wish we had him instead of Lazzard but this year it wouldnt matter. our WR2 Lazzard has 40 targets so Moore still wouldnt see the ball here too. Zach looks at one WR and thats GW. thats why GW catch % is so bad. 

he is going to end the season with over 60 maybe even 70 catches. not bad for a #2.

On a high note, GW is on pace to hit 1k yards again in one of the league's worst passing offenses for the 2nd season in a row. If the Jets ever get a good QB or GW goes somewhere with a good QB, he will easily be a top 5 WR.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

Lol, blaming the QB for aggressively targeting the only good WR team.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

Seems like everyone is blaming the Jets Org for Zach sucking for the past 3 years.  Just a  bizarre take if you have actually watched him play.  Even Rex Ryan is going hard on this Hot Take.   It's just perplexing to me

its not black and white as there is plenty of suckage to go around

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

The Jets cannot develop players.  By no means am I saying that Zach Wilson is a great QB but look at all the guys drafted at the position and how they have all wound up.  Part of it comes down to the inability to develop players.  

I'd say the Williams brothers would disagree with you. And Ruckert looks like he's coming along nicely, too.

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Lol, blaming the QB for aggressively targeting the only good WR team.

how do we know when he doesnt Target anyone else.

poor Moore wasnt good i guess either, but Cleveland with its backup QBs seem to have no problem finding him as WR2.

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Complaining? It’s the GMs job to hit on these picks. Stevenson was the next back to be drafted after Carter. I acknowledged that the 2022 front end of the draft is where basically all of this teams talent came from, which includes Hall. 

Zuniga and Greenard were on the same team and drafted in the same round within 10 picks of each other- that’s a whiff. 

It’s a GMs job to hit on all his draft picks?  
Yeah, in theory except not one single GM hits on every draft pick.  You want to argue he sucks because he missed on some of his 5th and 4th round picks? 
Because they trump Hall etc.  And do the usual “so and so was picked later than so and so”. We can do that for any draft after the fact

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s a GMs job to hit on all his draft picks?  
Yeah, in theory except not one single GM hits on every draft pick.  You want to argue he sucks because he missed on some of his 5th and 4th round picks? 
Because they trump Hall etc.  And do the usual “so and so was picked later than so and so”. We can do that for any draft after the fact

There’s a reason the Jets are missing the playoffs again this season. At some point the results matter.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

There’s a reason the Jets are missing the playoffs again this season. At some point the results matter.

Yeah, because a playoff roster is being held back by having to rely on an inconsistent, error plagued back up QB.  

17 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Well there is some truth to that. We have never given him adequate game plans or any modern concepts of offense to scheme open players or take advantage of other teams weaknessess since being here.

That is a fact. 

Also a fact he was not ready to start day one and nothing wrong with that. He finally put it together year 3 in KC. Able to actually see players and hit passes instead of only late throws or missing completely.

Since his game clicked, we have given him consistently bad plays, except for a couple drivesand even then riddles with stupid calls.

Anyway the org has a chance to make things right, keep the kid, keep playing good football with a good play calling (Rodgers probably telling Hackett) and let him get another year behind Rodger next year and then start right after. He is a 15 year starter for us. 

I'm team Zach 

How does that make things right?  He's ready to go to a decent team with good coaching and start.  The Jets are committed to Rodgers for 2 more years.  We can tie him up with the 5th year option and than be forced to use the tag on him.  Or we can give him a huge contract at the end of next year.   Rodgers has a dead cap of 49 million in 25 and 35 million in 26.  The cap is going up but a lot of our young players on both the D and O are going to be looking to get paid.

I doubt Zach wants to stay as a backup for another year or two.  He was open to it this year but the reset never happened.  It's time for him to move on for his own good.  The Jets did a crappy job with him and threw the hail Mary getting Rodgers.  It didn't work.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No one’s.  
I’m sorry, there doesn’t have to be someone to blame, to fire every time something doesn’t work out.  Like Rodgers being lost to the team.  That’s no one’s fault.  

There's shared revenue.  There's no reason to fire anyone over results in the NFL.  You only fire people on the owners whim that it might help raise ticket prices.  Blame?  It doesn't really exist in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Whose fault is it then? 

Dude don’t waste your time arguing with him, he will blindly defend this org no matter what they do.

People like that are the reason why Jets fans get LOL’d by other fanbases. 

GM is 25-54 and we have people really defending this crap, st8 clown time

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Dude don’t waste your time arguing with him, he will blindly defend this org no matter what they do.

People like that are the reason why Jets fans get LOL’d by other fanbases. 

GM is 25-54 and we have people really defending this crap, st8 clown time

Shut up.  We’re not arguing and didn’t need you to clarify sides here. 

Respond to people you don't agree with if you want or shut up, no one asked for your thinking Rodgers injury was JD or Woodys fault.  Not agreeing doesn’t make anyone a homer.  

• Thumb Down 2

46 minutes ago, Biggs said:

How does that make things right?  He's ready to go to a decent team with good coaching and start.  The Jets are committed to Rodgers for 2 more years.  We can tie him up with the 5th year option and than be forced to use the tag on him.  Or we can give him a huge contract at the end of next year.   Rodgers has a dead cap of 49 million in 25 and 35 million in 26.  The cap is going up but a lot of our young players on both the D and O are going to be looking to get paid.

I doubt Zach wants to stay as a backup for another year or two.  He was open to it this year but the reset never happened.  It's time for him to move on for his own good.  The Jets did a crappy job with him and threw the hail Mary getting Rodgers.  It didn't work.  

It makes it right cause he is our guy. Rodger can finish his career and Zach takes over. Pretty simple.

30 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

It makes it right cause he is our guy. Rodger can finish his career and Zach takes over. Pretty simple.

You taking the 5th year option next year on him.  Presumably on the bench all year.  Maybe 30 million.  If he sits on the bench during his 5th year option if Rodgers does stay two years you tagging him roughly 50 to 60 million as the cap goes up.  Or are you giving him a huge multi-year deal with a handful of games in 2023 were he stunk and maybe a few were he was good?

22 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

The Jets cannot develop players.  By no means am I saying that Zach Wilson is a great QB but look at all the guys drafted at the position and how they have all wound up.  Part of it comes down to the inability to develop players.  

that's just incorrect. We can't develop a QB, Sure. 

MCII, Sauce, AVT, Becton when his knees work, the Wilsons, the other Wilson, JJ, Huff, etc etc etc etc 

QBs - we're not drafting the right ones to start.... i have a bigger concern about wtf we're doing to our WRs not named Garrett

12 hours ago, Biggs said:

You taking the 5th year option next year on him.  Presumably on the bench all year.  Maybe 30 million.  If he sits on the bench during his 5th year option if Rodgers does stay two years you tagging him roughly 50 to 60 million as the cap goes up.  Or are you giving him a huge multi-year deal with a handful of games in 2023 were he stunk and maybe a few were he was good?

Need to see the rest of the season obviously but I'm letting Rodgers start next year and signing Zach as the back up. Drafting a guy that can play is not that easy and we finally got one and we endured 2 years of him growing 

On 12/11/2023 at 7:58 PM, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I think you’re right.

It appears that Rodgers not only has his back 100% but loves him.

Douglas will need to have his arm broken to throw away the poker hand of his personal #2 Pick.  Wilson “shows out” the rest of the year HE STAYS in NY.

This all will become very apparent if Wilson lights it up Sunday in Miami and to finish out the rest of the season.  Not saying that will happen but it’s possible if you look at a pattern, what everyone called “Wilson’s last game” vs KC he outplays Mahomes, was told by Saleh pre game to “just let it Rip”.  Then for the next 2 games Can’t Hackett probably thought it would be “tricky” to run into the middle of the line on 1st and 2nd down producing 3rd and long after 3rd and long like he has done most of the season, so that’s how he calls Wilson’s last 2 games prior to his benching, fast forward to Houston yesterday the SAME scenario plays out with Wilson being told to “just let it Rip”.

Who knows what they’ll do in Miami, but I’d really like to see Wilson allowed to play without the unusual handcuffs on once again.  The “money line” from Vegas is close to +500 Jets meaning they give the Jets almost no shot to win the game, just with the Jet D alone that’s too much.

Again, love to see Wilson go over 300 yards again and at least give Miami a scare…..and watch this board melt down haha.

"Unusual Handcuffs"?

kinky GIF

• Haha 1