A Message from our Leader

slimjasi

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

To be fair .. I just never think the kid had a legit shot on this sunken franchise ... handled badly since day -1.

His OC and personnel upon arrival have been proven to be adequate as time has passed.  He had every opportunity to succeed, and others have done so entering far worse circumstances.  He never had a chance because he was a severely flawed prospect and slow processor.  But you hang in there all the same my guy, lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Well watch when what happens when you’re desperate lame duck GM / HC combo get their hands on that offseason checkbook and next season goes to waste 

🤣🤣🤣

Well, whether bringing Rodgers here was 80 percent Woody and 20 percent JD, or 80 percent JD and 20 percent Woody, what do you think is going to happen?  These guys are going to do whatever it takes to save their jobs.

And not you, or anyone else on this board would do anything different if you were in their shoes trying to save said job.  There are over 8 billion people on the planet and only 32 NFL GM's.  The job is a hot commodity.  When you get one, and you are on your last life, you will make some desperate moves.  

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

His OC and personnel upon arrival have been proven to be adequate as time has passed.  He had every opportunity to succeed, and others have done so entering far worse circumstances.  He never had a chance because he was a severely flawed prospect and slow processor.  But you hang in there all the same my guy, lol.

If Zach Wilson is this clear and obvious franchise talent that the Jets unequivocally "ruined", they should have no problem fetching a day 1 or day 2 pick for him?

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was a legit elite talent project that got thrust into action with no development, no offensive line, and idiots for OCs .. but please continue

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

He was a legit elite talent project that got thrust into action with no development, no offensive line, and idiots for OCs .. but please continue

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

lol no.

And MLF/OL were fine his first 2 seasons.  Evidence:  Superior statistical performances and sack rate by all other Jets QBs 2021-22.

They didn’t fail him.  Moreso Zach Wilson failed Mike LaFleur and he got wrongfully fired as a result.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

You’ll have to wait for his inauguration video. 😁

What a wonderful thought.  Only 80 years after my father (and so many others) put his life on the line in the Pacific to fight for democracy and freedom the  biggest lowlife scumbag in history takes  over again and anoints himself King. Ban me, I don't give a sh*t.

• Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Dear Aaron,

Please go have a conversation with Mark Messier so you can truly understand exactly what it going to take to end the Curse. 

Love,

This is such a great post and it's so true (and this coming from a Devils fan) that what Messier did that 1 year with the NYR is far more legendary to the multiple titles he won with the Oilers (my God what unit those teams were).

I said this at the time when we were trying to trade for him and people were questioning why he would want to come here, as it stands now Rodgers legacy is Brett Favre / Drew Brees level. Is there anything wrong with that? No. Is it accurate? No, because I think he's a top 5 QB of all time. But with 1 ring and only 1 trip to the Super Bowl it's reality.

Now...if he were to win a 2nd Super Bowl he automatically joins the Peyton Manning class. He obviously can never numerically reach the Joe Montana, Tom Brady rank but winning a championship with the Jets would certainly put him in the conversation and the narrative becomes "Those 2 QBs had 2 of the greatest coaches ever....Aaron Rodgers won one with Mike McCarthy and one with the Jets. That adds value to his 2"

On 12/19/2023 at 9:43 PM, oatmeal said:

A 30+ expensive af WR and rookie LT is the elixir everyone, we will make the playoffs in the conference with all the young stud QBs who teams will also make roster improvements

BUT GUYS

Be grateful we have a 40 year old QB on one leg who dictated a bunch of terrible roster moves last offseason 

Damn wtf is up with the logic around here 

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I think that's ONE way to look at it. 

ANOTHER way to look at it is that you bring in a Pro Bowl superstar WR to pair with GW who also happens to have a ton of familiarity with your QB, you bring in a FA OT to solidify the line and you draft a blue chip plug and play LT in the top 10. You do this knowing that your HOF QB will be coming back hungry and heathy and you already have a quality TE and star RB. And your defense has made those 'stud' young QBs look like chumps all season long. 

Listen, if you want to have a doom and gloom perspective, thats fine. But the idea that drafting a top OT and sign/trade D.Adams (amongst other things) is somehow going to make this team worse, seems like a reach. 

On 12/19/2023 at 10:05 PM, Jdeet said:

two 2nd round picks for a HOF QB who will play the next 2 years on a very reasonable contract. 

and Gutenhurst has built a team that is 6-8. Extend that man!

They should. Just for how he played the Jets this past offseason.

He dumped a ton of bad contracts (including Rodgers) got two high picks, moved up in the first round and has a young QB. In one season the Packers are further into a rebuild with one of the youngest rosters in the league than JD is after 5.

22 hours ago, oldjetman said:

What a wonderful thought.  Only 80 years after my father (and so many others) put his life on the line in the Pacific to fight for democracy and freedom the  biggest lowlife scumbag in history takes  over again and anoints himself King. Ban me, I don't give a sh*t.

Better to have a weak leader ceding the islands your and my father fought to liberate due to projecting frailty and advanced dementia. 
Your father would be rolling over in his grave.

On 12/20/2023 at 4:47 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

lol no.

And MLF/OL were fine his first 2 seasons.  Evidence:  Superior statistical performances and sack rate by all other Jets QBs 2021-22.

They didn’t fail him.  Moreso Zach Wilson failed Mike LaFleur and he got wrongfully fired as a result.  

This is so clearly obvious and correct it drives me crazy.

How can anyone with a pulse and eyes think Zach Wilson is the victim here? It’s insane.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This is so clearly obvious and correct it drives me crazy.

How can anyone with a pulse and eyes think Zach Wilson is the victim here? It’s insane.

Sam Darnold was much more of a “victim” than Zach ever was….and he sucked/sucks too.  Zach just happens to be even worse.  

• Upvote 1