Caleb Williams backup just tossed TD #6 tonight

Jet_Engine1

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Are ANY USC QB’s “real” when it comes to the NFL? I have my doubts.

I think that kind of talk is silly, because it’s not as if the same CS has been there since pre-Sanchez. Staffs turn over, philosophies change, and every kid has a different skill set. You can’t lump different QBs over a 15-20 year period all together.
Last year guys were saying I was nuts because I kept touting Stroud to be the #1 pick and the Jets should move heaven and earth to get him rather than a retread veteran QB in FA or trade. They used the same “no Ohio St. QB can be trusted” thing you just used (along with many others) with USC.

I’m pretty certain the Texans are very happy Carolina left Stroud there for them, because… Ohio St. QB with a bad wonderlich (or whatever its called) score.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I think that kind of talk is silly, because it’s not as if the same CS has been there since pre-Sanchez. Staffs turn over, philosophies change, and every kid has a different skill set. You can’t lump different QBs over a 15-20 year period all together.
Last year guys were saying I was nuts because I kept touting Stroud to be the #1 pick and the Jets should move heaven and earth to get him rather than a retread veteran QB in FA or trade. They used the same “no Ohio St. QB can be trusted” thing you just used (along with many others) with USC.

I’m pretty certain the Texans are very happy Carolina left Stroud there for them, because… Ohio St. QB with a bad wonderlich (or whatever its called) score.

Of course it’s silly.

Im still not interested in a USC QB.

Moot point where we pick.

55 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

But… but… none of them will be good in the NFL because they went to the same school as Matt Leinhart when Pete Carroll was the HC!

It’s always been hard to judge PAC 10 guys for obvious reasons (i.e. Herbert), but I’m intrigued to see how he does going forward. Riley’s air raid stuff against Big Ten defenses should be fun to watch. At the very least it’ll make scouting these guys easier. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

There's a certain type of person who ends up qb1 at usc (surfboard and cheerleader university) and as a group they are not prepared for the pain and suffering that is life in the NFL 

Qb1 at USC has peaked in life.   The NFL is only worse in terms of lifestyle and women.  Their QBs lose interest in the NFL. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

There's a certain type of person who ends up qb1 at usc (surfboard and cheerleader university) and as a group they are not prepared for the pain and suffering that is life in the NFL 

I know people say don't scout the helmet but that's bullsh*t. I'll take a Michigan lineman, a Penn state linebacker and a Miami tight end any day 

They better get their sh*t together quick if they’re going to be dealing with Michigan and Iowa every year. 

11 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I think the logic around USC qb's are not much diffetent than the logic used around these parts that the Jets cant develop a starting rookie qb. Despite the regime change, despite the qb, no matter the offenseive style...for some reasson the results are more often than not the same and we "ruined" the young qb prospect.

i.e. USC

• Upvote 1

I think so much of playing QB is mental strength, and ability to remain even keel....i wouldn't touch him. he just seems like a kid who will have a hard time going to a bad team, standing in front of reporters and eating sh*t for the rest of the guys in the locker-room.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I know, because only one staff has ever coached at USC, and they have ruined EVERY QB that has ever suited up for that school... Hope I'm wrong about Caleb, but somehow I don't think so.

Oh by the way, Stroud has had a couple of good games, and you're anointing him as the second coming of Tom Brady... How did he do against our sh*tty team lol...

Maybe a player is what they are no matter where they go or don't go to school, but for now I'll leave USC QB's off my draft list. Someday that may change.

2 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

I know, because only one staff has ever coached at USC, and they have ruined EVERY QB that has ever suited up for that school... Hope I'm wrong about Caleb, but somehow I don't think so.

Oh by the way, Stroud has had a couple of good games, and you're anointing him as the second coming of Tom Brady... How did he do against our sh*tty team lol...

Maybe a player is what they are no matter where they go or don't go to school, but for now I'll leave USC QB's off my draft list. Someday that may change.

I’m sure the USC QBs will be heartbroken when they read that you won’t be drafting them. 😂

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

I know people say don't scout the helmet but that's bullsh*t. I'll take a Michigan lineman, a Penn state linebacker and a Miami tight end any day 

So you're the guy who passes on Mahomes and Kelce because you want to draft a QB from school 'X' and a TE from school 'Y'? Just saying. 

Look, you have to consider everything when you evaluate a prospect, including what school he went to, what system he played in, what competition he faced, what talent he had around him, who coached him, etc, etc. Its not an enviable job. And even when you make the right pick, your guy could get hurt in the first game of his career and never be the same player. 

But crossing any player off the list completely just because they went to a certain school, IMO, is silly. 

• Upvote 1