****OFFICIAL JETS GAME DAY FLACCO V SALEH THREAD****

T0mShane

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Sort of intrigued by the prospect of drafting Jayden Daniels at 8, tbh

I've been screaming we get Daniels even before he won the Heisman.  Was hoping we get a high enough pick to trade it a few spots back, get an extra pick in the 2nd to take a tackle (Morgan Arizona) and then take QB Daniels in rd 1.  Might still be a possibility but it would take some wheeling and dealing by JD who has been aggressive in past drafts.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Sort of intrigued by the prospect of drafting Jayden Daniels at 8, tbh

I don't think we are drafting 8.   I'm looking at 6.  Bears, Cards, Wash, Pats, Giants, Jets.  I can see Bears, Chargers and Titans pulling out a win in their last 2 games.  That would move us ahead of them, granted we lose our last two. 

9 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

I've been screaming we get Daniels even before he won the Heisman.  Was hoping we get a high enough pick to trade it a few spots back, get an extra pick in the 2nd to take a tackle (Morgan Arizona) and then take QB Daniels in rd 1.  Might still be a possibility but it would take some wheeling and dealing by JD who has been aggressive in past drafts.

If Jayden Daniels is there for us to take (and JD would actually take him), we shouldn't mess around with any trade backs.

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Jayden Daniels is there for us to take (and JD would actually take him), we shouldn't mess around with any trade backs.

I'd only trade back if we had a really high pick like 3-4 but best we can hope for is 6-9 at this point (if we lose both) so yea I agree we wouldn't be able to trade back from 6-9 and expect Daniels to be there. But you know that aint happening anyways because JD, if he even does trade back, is still taking an OL in round 1.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Flacco will throw for another 300 yards passing and a couple touchdowns.

Browns 30 Jets 0

I think we'll get a FG at least.  Some kind of turnover or punt return will give us good field position for us to go 3-and-out but still leave us in Zuerlein's range.   But this feels like a game that we'll be asking ourselves "how the heck were we even able to beat the lowly Commanders?!"

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

I don't think we are drafting 8.   I'm looking at 6.  Bears, Cards, Wash, Pats, Giants, Jets.  I can see Bears, Chargers and Titans pulling out a win in their last 2 games.  That would move us ahead of them, granted we lose our last two. 

Saw one of the analytics nerds sim out the rest of the regular season and conclude that the Jets are most likely going to get the eight pick, but who knows

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

do you know the origin of these images? I've seen a lot of the one where they're flipping off a kid opening a present. appears to be AI generated. I'm curious where they came from.

NFL memes posted it on IG on Christmas. Not sure the origin. But I laughed very hard. 

• Upvote 1