It was never going to work

hmhertz

20 hours ago, hmhertz said:

An aging brittle Rodgers entering his decrepitude

against the young flame throwing QBs of today,

backed by, the brain  trust of Douglas, Saleh, Hackett

and  Woody.  Don't make the same mistake chasing Adams.

Age has its way of slowing us down. At 77 I'm not a shell

of the schmuck I was at 21

Flame throwing?  I don’t exactly see any of today’s QBs be flame throwers.  Elllway was a flame thrower.  They all have decent arms but they’re not throwing the ball fifty or sixty yards very often.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Aaron Rodgers last year in Green Bay, 3695 yards, 26 tds, 12 ints, 8-9 record

Jordan Love this year in Green Bay 3843 yards, 30 tds, 11 ints, 8-8 record, one game to play.

The entire excuse for Rodgers last year was all the young Wrs he had, Love has essentially the same young group with a several other rookies in there.

The Packers absolutely fleeced the Jets on the whole Rodgers thing and are sitting pretty.

The excuse was playing with a broken thumb in his throwing hand... now the excuse is that darn achilles........We have to expect that he will miss at least three games during next season, i just hope we actually have a backup QB worth a eff ...  

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, hmhertz said:

A schmuck and a schmegeggie!

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Jordan Love this year in Green Bay 3843 yards, 30 tds, 11 ints, 8-8 record, one game to play.

The entire excuse for Rodgers last year was all the young Wrs he had, Love has essentially the same young group with a several other rookies in there.

The Packers absolutely fleeced the Jets on the whole Rodgers thing and are sitting pretty.

It's crazy how young and talented the GB pass catchers are.  And all these of these guys were drafted just in the past two seasons.  I hate JD for being so fuking incompetent.

Christian Watson
Romeo Doubs
Jayden Reed
Tucker Kraft
Dontavion Wicks
Luke Musgrave

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

Flame throwing?  I don’t exactly see any of today’s QBs be flame throwers.  Elllway was a flame thrower.  They all have decent arms but they’re not throwing the ball fifty or sixty yards very often.

Allen has 10X the arm strength of Elway.

In the olden days when you boys were in diapers they measured these things.

elway topped out at 65yds. Farve in the same competition threw a pass 75 yds.

It was a yard out of bounds. The QB crook in anger picked up 6  or 7 balls

launched them at least as long. Rudy Bukich reported  100 yard toss

Lamar Jackson doing the same

Marks man Zach-

Marksman Zach 69 MPH-

https://sportsnaut.com/zach-wilson-achieves-69-mph-fastest-throw-for-qb/

5 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

What gave you any indication that Rodgers was brittle? Was it his insane recovery from an injury that sidelines most players for a year?

What evidence of an insane recovery are you referring to? Is he playing? The indication is that he got hurt in a record 30 seconds into the season 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Of course we got fleeced, we’re desperate.

But if they win a Super Bowl, then all is forgiven and forgotten.

yes, I’ve been drinking too much, happy new year!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Allen has 10X the arm strength of Elway.

In the olden days when you boys were in diapers they measured these things.

elway topped out at 65yds. Farve in the same competition threw a pass 75 yds.

It was a yard out of bounds. The QB crook in anger picked up 6  or 7 balls

launched them at least as long. Rudy Bukich reported  100 yard toss

Lamar Jackson doing the same

Marks man Zach-

Marksman Zach 69 MPH-

https://sportsnaut.com/zach-wilson-achieves-69-mph-fastest-throw-for-qb/

10x Elllway?  Hardly.  You realize that elllway had a pretty nice fast ball too. The receivers had a hard time catching the ball because it came so fast. Go ahead and say purdy has a great arm. Or Watson. Or russel Wilson.

On 12/31/2023 at 4:26 PM, hmhertz said:

Ok boomer

sorry had to

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2023 at 4:26 PM, hmhertz said:

This is just a terrible, awful Haiku.  5-7-5 man.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/31/2023 at 2:26 PM, hmhertz said:

You only sing one song...in different keys

200w.gif

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

• Haha 1

This is true I agree was never in favor of AR but once again Woody just wanted the hype to sell PSL’s season tickets … once they get your money who cares he’s been doing this for years. The NFL is all about youth young decent QB’s until we get one nothing changes here. 

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

100% of players who ever played a snap of football would have torn their achillies if their foot planted like that while being tackled. Are you playing dumb?

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Are you playing dumb too? 

Good, smart teams had no interest in a 40 Yo QB.  Only emotionally based fans and owners who have no understanding that a team is built primarily in the draft.

************  From post above

15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If it's the same group then they're not rookies anymore.  The year 1 to year 2 jump is huge.

12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Good, smart teams had no interest in a 40 Yo QB.  Only emotionally based fans and owners who have no understanding that a team is built primarily in the draft.

************  From post above

I'll ask again since your response has nothing at all to do with the original topic. Are you playing dumb?

In all honesty, this is a lazy take. Guy was injured in a freak accident because of a horsesh*t turf that woody refuses to replace. Let the guy play meaningful games before ruling this a bust and something that "was never going to work". 

As Jets fans, we have been through some sh*t, but give me a break with these ridiculous posts. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I'll ask again since your response has nothing at all to do with the original topic. Are you playing dumb?

If I keep on with you???  Yes. You support a 40 year old in a game of men 90 percent of whom are under 31.

On 1/1/2024 at 1:36 PM, Beerfish said:

You purposely forget to mention he played most of the season with broken thumb on his throwing hand ? Lol. Sure he is on the decline, but he was back to back MVP in 2020, 2021. Even a few steps down from a MVP is by far much better than jets have had, or could get now. Brett farve after healing from his torn bicep the 1 year we had him, was also a runner up for MVP at 40 with the Vikings. Rodgers is in much better shape than Farve was. We just need not the worst OL in the NFL. Joe Douglas is about to be the proud gm of, what was it ? Worst offense in NFL for 5th straight year ? First time ever been done. Congratulations Joe Douglas ! You will be awarded with an extension lol. 

On 1/1/2024 at 11:36 AM, Beerfish said:

The Packers turned over almost their entire WR room between 2022 and 2023. GB had Lazard, Cobb and Watkins as starters last year. 

Absolutely agree the Packers fleeced the Jets but not so much with Rodgers as much as signing the other GB discards--especially Lazard and Cobb. Quite the addition by subtraction.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

If I keep on with you???  Yes. You support a 40 year old in a game of men 90 percent of whom are under 31.

You are really good at strawmanning. Here, I'll do it too. You enjoy the smell of men's restrooms. Why do you like the smell of men's restrooms? What is it about men's restrooms that you enjoy so much. You also support Zach Wilson. 

• WTF? 1