****OFFICIAL END THE NIGHTMARE SEASON JETS V PATS GAME THREAD****

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Says the guy following the jets on a fan forum 🤷‍♂️

I don't live vicariously through them. At this point, I'm just here for the Schadenfreude. Mocking them, and mocking you. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Then Strahan dropped the truth bomb….”But there’s no more Brady….no more Gronk, Edelman…”

And there you have it.  At the end of the day, Belichick’s record should be bifurcated and examined on two fronts.  His W-L record with Tom Brady and his record with every other QB not named Tom Brady.  There’s certainly a huge sample size from both before Brady, his time in Cleveland, etc. and his time since Brady left.  I haven’t looked but I’d guess there’s at least 70-100 games coached without Brady.  What’s BB’s record in those games?

The problem with Strahan's point that the NFL lacks patience with a coach who doesn't have a strong roster is that Belichick is also responsible for the roster. He let the roster fall apart after Brady. 

Really Belichick's career should be viewed in three parts. His failure in CLE, his time with Brady and NE post-Brady. You can excuse some of CLE as a young HC in over his head on a lousy team but you can't say that about his post-Brady time in NE. When he didn't have a HOF QB taking friendly deals, it fell on Belichick to build a team with the same challenges as any other team. His performance during this time period is telling.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Appreciate the editor of that commercial for Rob Lowe’s game show ending the commercial with Lowe staring into the camera and saying “the floor!” Brutal, if sly, own. 

'Splain. Don't know the reference. 

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I think pouring bleach in my eyes would be a better use of my time. 

Why am I watching this.

Same reason I am, schadenfreude. I must admit I bounce back and forth with the Titans vs Jags game. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rex-n-effect said:

The problem with Strahan's point that the NFL lacks patience with a coach who doesn't have a strong roster is that Belichick is also responsible for the roster. He let the roster fall apart after Brady. 

Really Belichick's career should be viewed in three parts. His failure in CLE, his time with Brady and NE post-Brady. You can excuse some of CLE as a young HC in over his head on a lousy team but you can't say that about his post-Brady time in NE. When he didn't have a HOF QB taking friendly deals, it fell on Belichick to build a team with the same challenges as any other team. His performance during this time period is telling.

I think these has been a migration from NEP of their scouting staff.  They knew what was happening.  Cesario and Ernie Adams are gone.  The NEP are no better than the clowns working for the Jets.