Rapoport: Jets Expected to Trade Zach Wilson This Offseason

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

2022 was Wilson’s second season.  He got outplayed by Mike White and Flacco in that one too.  It’s completely fair to compare them in the supposed “year 2 leap” season. 

Hell even Streveler went 10-15 for 90 yards in that offense when he can’t even throw a forward pass at an acceptable pro level.  @JTJet

THEE STREV'S pre season stats last year were enough to supplant Zach Wilson as QB1. 

But Salad and JD are pussies. 

• Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Spite!  **** it, it's as good a reason as any.  If he stays I will consider it being to spite him and his family and it will make me feel better. 

“Hey Mrs Wilson, this is Joe Douglas with the Jets, we have an offer you can’t refuse from the Buff..” *click*

”Mrs Wilson ? Are you still there?”

Dial tone….

”sh*t, let me give David a call”- Woody whispering in the background

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What does that leave the jets to pay Wilson in this scenario?

If traded after paying the roster bonus? They still pay that $4.4MM and nothing more. His cap hit would only drop by about $1MM, though. 

They'd gain:

• whatever draft pick they can pry loose from someone
  • $1MM in cap space more than releasing him)
  • his roster spot, lol

Likelihood aside, the goal is to trade him not merely for the highest pick, but also to get someone to eat as much of that roster bonus as possible. 

If he's just cut? They get nothing, other than the roster spot, since Zach's whole 2024 pay is fully guaranteed. My guess is they find a trade partner, though.

On 1/9/2024 at 7:02 AM, Warfish said:

Zach true believers will never give up, never surrender.

To them, it's been literally everyone else's fault but Zach's.  Their beloved, dreamy, sexy Zachypoo.

When he goes, these same guys will be waiting for the first decent throw to spam the board about it.

Just like some of the same folks did with Darnold.

And Geno.

And Sanchez.

Some things never change.  Some Jets Fans just love trash QB's and refuse to give up that love.

That is not true, if you cant tell the difference between geno, zach, darnold etc that is on you.

SInce the KC game zach more than played good enough to start as our back up. He routinely made the throws he was asked to do. Better than any other of the back up that we coudl have got. Or maybe better to say he did about the same they would have done, not better.

Sam was broke, geno was not good, sanchez actually played decent enough to start, he was useable.

It is highly deceptive to act like zach this year was the problem. He stoped the missing wide open guys and started to get game speed. 

Our coaching was the issue. full stop. your revisionist history of zach was just same old zach is a lie. The tape proves it.

Not surprized by your take though, same old warfish as always.

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

That is not true, if you cant tell the difference between geno, zach, darnold etc that is on you.

SInce the KC game zach more than played good enough to start as our back up. He routinely made the throws he was asked to do. Better than any other of the back up that we coudl have got. Or maybe better to say he did about the same they would have done, not better.

Sam was broke, geno was not good, sanchez actually played decent enough to start, he was useable.

It is highly deceptive to act like zach this year was the problem. He stoped the missing wide open guys and started to get game speed. 

Our coaching was the issue. full stop. your revisionist history of zach was just same old zach is a lie. The tape proves it.

Not surprized by your take though, same old warfish as always.

Enjoy dying on that hill mate, lol.  

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Enjoy dying on that hill mate, lol.  

not sure what hill Im on but sure. Anyone could see zach played much better late into the season. Not really a big take honestly. 

Just beleive what your eyes see and stop wiatng for the media to tell you what to think.

You know Aaron Rodgers is a good qb right? You should also be excited he is on the team next year. 

what else, what else have you be fed that is not true about the Jets. Oh I know here is a little refresher course for you.

Joe Douglas is actually a good GM

Garrret WIlson and Breece hall are generational talents

JJ has a great season. So did Sauce.

The def was tremendous all year. 

chew on those for a while warfish!

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

not sure what hill Im on but sure.

I'm surprised an highly informed guy like you is unaware of the phrase "hill to die on" as used here. 

Anyone could see zach played much better late into the season. Not really a big take honestly. 

Zach is the worst QB in the NFL three years running, a complete bust of a prospect.  Possibly a top-5 all-time QB bust at that.  

The hill your choosing to die on is believing he is not a bust, but is in fact a good QB.

Just beleive what your eyes see and stop wiatng for the media to tell you what to think.

You seem obsessed with the idea that everyone (excluding yourself, of course) only get their opinions from "the media".

In point of fact, I rarely watch any sports media of any kind, and what I do watch is local DC media, not NY or national media.

So please, stop ranting like a madman ffs.

My eyes, after three years, tell me Zach Wilson is not an NFL quality QB.  And all the metrics and results support that outcome.

You know Aaron Rodgers is a good qb right? You should also be excited he is on the team next year.

I know he was, several years ago.  He's a first ballot HOF'er.  He's also now in his 40's, and will be returning from back to back injury-plagued sub-par seasons in 2022 and 2023.

I don't know what he'll be in 2024.  Nor do you.

what else, what else have you be fed that is not true about the Jets. Oh I know here is a little refresher course for you.

Joe Douglas is actually a good GM

Not so far he isn't.  A good GM isn't on the hotseat as a perpetual loser lame-duck going into the final year of his contract.

Garrret WIlson and Breece hall are generational talents

They're both very good.  They're not remotely "generational".

JJ has a great season. So did Sauce.

JJ was ok.  A good rotational guy who contributed.

Sauce was good in coverage, even if not always on the #1 guy from the opponent.  He was also atrocious at generating turnovers, with zero INT's.  

chew on those for a while warfish!

You're so cute when you're ranting.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

If he had sat for a year he would be smart!

Don't be silly. If you start questioning your own abilities, your doomed as an NFL QB. He wasn't ready to start year one, coming out of that college program. He had all the physical tools to be a franchise QB. The level of talent and speed of the game was too much for him year one. He should have sat for a year, even two behind an experienced veteran. Then he might have been more sure of himself, and made decisions quicker. Years gone by, QBs would regularly sit for a year or two. ThTs the way Wilson should have been handled. My opinion isn't an endorsement of Wilson, it's an indictment on how he was handled by the Jets.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, genot said:

Don't be silly. If you start questioning your own abilities, your doomed as an NFL QB. He wasn't ready to start year one, coming out of that college program. He had all the physical tools to be a franchise QB. The level of talent and speed of the game was too much for him year one. He should have sat for a year, even two behind an experienced veteran. Then he might have been more sure of himself, and made decisions quicker. Years gone by, QBs would regularly sit for a year or two. ThTs the way Wilson should have been handled. My opinion isn't an endorsement of Wilson, it's an indictment on how he was handled by the Jets.

Mentally weak!  Sounds like a great candidate for starting QB!

Years gone by are just that.  Gone.  We are not going to succeed by pretending it is 1978 and wasting 50% of a rookie deal.  Years gone by minority players were not considered viable at QB and shifted to RB or WR.  There is a reason things are different now and it is not that we got dumber. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I'm surprised an highly informed guy like you is unaware of the phrase "hill to die on" as used here. 

Zach is the worst QB in the NFL three years running, a complete bust of a prospect.  Possibly a top-5 all-time QB bust at that.  

The hill your choosing to die on is believing he is not a bust, but is in fact a good QB.

You seem obsessed with the idea that everyone (excluding yourself, of course) only get their opinions from "the media".

In point of fact, I rarely watch any sports media of any kind, and what I do watch is local DC media, not NY or national media.

So please, stop ranting like a madman ffs.

My eyes, after three years, tell me Zach Wilson is not an NFL quality QB.  And all the metrics and results support that outcome.

I know he was, several years ago.  He's a first ballot HOF'er.  He's also now in his 40's, and will be returning from back to back injury-plagued sub-par seasons in 2022 and 2023.

I don't know what he'll be in 2024.  Nor do you.

Not so far he isn't.  A good GM isn't on the hotseat as a perpetual loser lame-duck going into the final year of his contract.

They're both very good.  They're not remotely "generational".

JJ was ok.  A good rotational guy who contributed.

Sauce was good in coverage, even if not always on the #1 guy from the opponent.  He was also atrocious at generating turnovers, with zero INT's.  

You're so cute when you're ranting.

omg this is alot to read. 

I am familiar with the saying, just doesnt apply since what im saying is the main stream opinion. 

He is god enough to be our back up sure, could be decent with decent coaching. Correct.

Not obsessed, just pointed out your took the sport media narrative on rodgers in regards to kimmel which was again, wrong. and you were not even interested in the truth, just took it hook line and sinker (that is another saying, maybe you are familar?)

Not rants, and I guess just coincidence you have the same stance as main stream media in regards to rodger/kimmel. Im sure complete coincidence.

What did your eyes say after the KC game when he stated to play well?

Rodgers subpar season you reference is where he had a broken hand and little offenseive playmakers and still managed to not only have a good season but better than any the jets have ever had?

I do know what he will be in 24 a above average qb with great upside

Joe douglas seat is not hot nor in danger

Thye both indeed are generational, although that is my opnion, one back by the fact thier talent is un matched by the majority of players that have come into the league in a .... generation.

OMG JJ was ok? lol ok.

So it is sauce fault he was not assigned to follow WR and because people didnt even hav ethe chance to challenge him he is at fault for not getting interceptions? I mean this is a terrible take. Was revis bad too cause he didnt get alot of INTs? you can understand how silly that is right? lol typical @Warfish take.

I guess answering your questions and reponding to you is ranting now. It must be a pretty interesting place in your head. delusional.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Mentally weak!  Sounds like a great candidate for starting QB!

Years gone by are just that.  Gone.  We are not going to succeed by pretending it is 1978 and wasting 50% of a rookie deal.  Years gone by minority players were not considered viable at QB and shifted to RB or WR.  There is a reason things are different now and it is not that we got dumber. 

Speak for yourself. I got dumber.

33 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

omg this is alot to read. 

I am familiar with the saying, just doesnt apply since what im saying is the main stream opinion. 

Except it isn't.  You're mostly alone on the "Zach is a good QB" hill.

He is god enough to be our back up sure, could be decent with decent coaching. Correct.

"God enough", eh?  Freudian slip?

Not rants, and I guess just coincidence you have the same stance as main stream media in regards to rodger/kimmel. Im sure complete coincidence.

I don't have a stance.  The fact you think I do says alot about you, actually.

What did your eyes say after the KC game when he stated to play well?

That he was still what I thought he was all along, a mostly sh*t QB who shows occasional flashes.  

Rodgers subpar season you reference is where he had a broken hand

Yes, that's what I said.  

...and still managed to not only have a good season but better than any the jets have ever had?

Welcome to posts I made a year ago when we signed him.  Yes, I know.

A very low bar.

I do know what he will be in 24 a above average qb with great upside

No, you don't know.  You presume, you project, you guess, but you don't know.

Same as you didn't know this year he'd blow his Achilles 4 plays in.

Joe douglas seat is not hot nor in danger

So when will he be getting his extension this offseason?  

Thye both indeed are generational, although that is my opnion, one back by the fact thier talent is un matched by the majority of players that have come into the league in a .... generation.

OMG JJ was ok? lol ok.

So it is sauce fault he was not assigned to follow WR and because people didnt even hav ethe chance to challenge him he is at fault for not getting interceptions? I mean this is a terrible take. Was revis bad too cause he didnt get alot of INTs? you can understand how silly that is right? lol typical @Warfish take.

I guess answering your questions and reponding to you is ranting now. It must be a pretty interesting place in your head. delusional.

Man, you really are living in your own little fantasy world.  

• Upvote 1

Dogass is keeping him. Just like they waited until the pre-season to sneak him on the depth chart behind Rasputin, after lying to us he was destined to watch from the sidelines all season, sometime in August Jets PR will leak in drips and drabs that "we tried to trade him, but just couldn't get fair market value for him, so it just made more sense to keep him."

I can see this sh*t for miles. 

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

His 5 mil 2024 salary isn't that high for a backup with 32 starts and he has an upside. But teams might not want to pick up that contract and could wait for him to be released because they know he's a goner here. He's much more attractive to a team with an under 2 financial obligation. Doubtful that there's high interest for Zach. 

Jets might have to eat more salary in order to get a pick out of this.

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If traded after paying the roster bonus? They still pay that $4.4MM and nothing more. His cap hit would only drop by about $1MM, though. 

They'd gain:

• whatever draft pick they can pry loose from someone
  • $1MM in cap space more than releasing him)
  • his roster spot, lol

Likelihood aside, the goal is to trade him not merely for the highest pick, but also to get someone to eat as much of that roster bonus as possible. 

If he's just cut? They get nothing, other than the roster spot, since Zach's whole 2024 pay is fully guaranteed. My guess is they find a trade partner, though.

Cut him if you must and JetNation joins in on a chorus of Halleluiah from here to California. Instantly, the team's morale spikes like JoeWillie fashioning a mink for the first time.  

JN.jpg

From Wilson’s newspaper, it appears the list of teams he’ll agree to be traded to are the Rams, Broncos and Vikings

For Wilson to succeed, he needs to land a deal with a team that has an offensive-minded head coach (Saleh has a defensive coaching background) with an older veteran quarterback, allowing Wilson to spend a season or two on the sideline.

The Broncos have both the coach and the quarterback, but it appears they will unload the latter, Russell Wilson. The Rams would be a perfect landing spot, teaming with head coach Sean McVay and quarterback Matt Stafford, who will be 36 next season. The Vikings would be another excellent landing spot for Wilson. Head coach Kevin O’Connell is a former quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator and quarterback Kirk Cousins will be 36 next season.

A team like any of those above would give Wilson a better chance to succeed than what the Jets offered him.

• Post of the Week 1

During the off season what teams and orgs still have plus grades on Zach after his 32 starts. And what is their status in terms of who they expect to be their backup QB. After free agency etc. You look at teams like Seattle etc and on paper are their current backups better than Zach. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/10/2024 at 2:30 PM, Warfish said:

Except it isn't.  You're mostly alone on the "Zach is a good QB" hill.

"God enough", eh?  Freudian slip?

I don't have a stance.  The fact you think I do says alot about you, actually.

That he was still what I thought he was all along, a mostly sh*t QB who shows occasional flashes.  

Yes, that's what I said.  

Welcome to posts I made a year ago when we signed him.  Yes, I know.

A very low bar.

No, you don't know.  You presume, you project, you guess, but you don't know.

Same as you didn't know this year he'd blow his Achilles 4 plays in.

So when will he be getting his extension this offseason?  

Man, you really are living in your own little fantasy world.  

The god comment was just a typo not anything else, I def dont think zack is god level, i dont think he is average level yet, just decent enough to win games wiht proper coaching. 

Joes extension will come probably this offseason, maybe next year. But he def has a safe seat and will be GM next year. Hopefully till he retires. 

Me thinks you are in fantasy land, but there is hope, you seem to have a nugget of reality from time to time! 

But hey you are a Jets fan so I like you despite your obvious logical deficiencies 

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2024 at 3:16 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Anyone could see zach played much better late into the season. Not really a big take honestly

Sir, I'm nut sure if you recall this but this Zach Wilson fella was benched for a man named, Tim Boyle, who was so bad he was cut off the roster shortly after given the opportunity to replace Wilson.   Zach had a day for the rest of his life vs. Houston.  It was the most unexpected performance, maybe in league history.  But that was some wannabe spam type sh*t sandwiched between these two Hawaiian rolls vs. division opponents:

He went 7-15 for 81 yards vs. Buffalo the game he was benched for, sh*t I cant remember the guys name now.

He was 4-11 for 26 yards vs. the Softest team in the NFL and then was mysteriously, injured for the rest of the season. 

Zach Wilson sucked, sucks and will always suck.

• Upvote 1

There is a certain logic to believe Zach will be a very good NFL QB.   Jets.  Think about it.  JD believes he has trade value because the rest of the league believes the Jets are incompetent.   Without that basic belief, Zach would be out of football today.  

JDs greatest success is tied at the hip to his gross incompetence.   He’s able to trade Jets players for more than their value because the organization is viewed as so slap dick, players will perform at a higher level than they do on the Jets.

• Sympathy 1