It’s official, jets have the 10th pick in the 2024 draft

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It would seem that the consensus right now would be the three QB’s (Williams, Daniels, Maye) at least three WR’s (MHJ, Nabers, Odunze), the two OLT’s (Alt, Fashanu) and Bowers are the blue chips, but obviously it’s January and so much will change. Kiper is already trying to gin up the idea of Nix as a potential riser. 

I do think that's largely consensus top nine and certainly possible - then it's OT3 or WR4. Or a trade down for a team that wants the top edge? Just strikes me as unlikely the top nine are all offensive players. Definitely possible though.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The draft OL guys who seem to know what they’re talking about all love the Washington LT Fautanu, who is supposedly going to play guard. Douglas should aim for that. Rodgers can negotiate edge pressure, but would die with middle pressure

I'm curious how his process will go. Short but long arms and mobile - I think there's going to be a pretty big split on whether he's going to be able to play tackle or need to play guard. Will be less of a lock to move to guard than AVT or Skoronski was perceived to be.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:With JD straight up saying on video in the draft room that Michael Mayer was in heavy consideration for the #15 pick last year, I think Bowers absolutely has to be near the top of the list of realistic possibilities.

Bowers is a total f*cking freakshow, mismatch-maker compared to Mayer.

If they considered Mayer Top 15 worthy then they have to consider Bowers Top 10 worthy to say the least.

Frankly, the Jets were never getting a guy like Alt or Fashanu regardless of what happened to the Pats today. That’s why I was rooting to send Belichick away in shame with his balls cut off in the most embarrassing way possible, which is exactly what happened.

Michael Mayer is a complete Te ( he wasn’t for much of the year as his blocking needed a lot work.  His blocking improved so much throughout the season , and with a whole offseason he going to be a monster.     His receiving skills were always there , they just didn’t use those skills enough.   Without a doubt he’s going to be  a top five Te  in the NFL.  

42 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Taking OT3 is how we wound up with the fat bitch with matador gloves.

Unless the Jets end up with someone like Adams, Higgins or Evans pre-draft…then we have dick for playmakers outside of Garrett and Breece.

I want a stud OT as much as the next guy, but I’m not forcing it.

Arguably he was OT4, our meathead GM just decided to pass on the guy that has been OT2 (or 1) in Wirfs. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

A catastrophic organizational failure that earned them absolutely nothing. 

Where's the coma?  

Fixed for dramatic purposes.

A catastrophic, organizational failure that earned them absolutely nothing. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Brock Bowers will be the pick IMO. Best weapon on the board + can block

He’s excellent, but this just doesn’t seem like a team that has the luxury of taking such a non-premium position for an offense that needs at least 4 new starters.  He’s a weapon and would be a matchup advantage but it would feel a lot like taking a Safety in the Top 10 again.

PFN’s top 15 ranked. 

full 300 here:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2024-nfl-draft-big-board-top-300-cfb-week-12/

1) Marvin Harrison Jr., WR | Ohio State
2) Drake Maye, QB | North Carolina
3) Brock Bowers, TE | Georgia
4) Caleb Williams, QB | USC
5) Joe Alt, OT | Notre Dame
6) Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OT | Penn State
7) Malik Nabers, WR | LSU
😎 Jer’Zhan Newton, DT | Illinois
9) JC Latham, OT | Alabama
10) Rome Odunze, WR | Washington
11) Dallas Turner, EDGE | Alabama
12) Keon Coleman, WR | Florida State
13) Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB | Alabama
14) Taliese Fuaga, OT | Oregon State
15) Chop Robinson, EDGE | Penn State

Give me any offensive player on this list.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

We were going to miss out on both OT’s at #8

The Jets are still going to be able to land one of Bowers, Nabers, Odunze, Fuaga, etc.

People acting like the sky is falling is hilarious. Especially when the majority haven’t watched a single snap of these f*cking guys and are just going by what some basic bitch scouting report is telling them on CBS Sports or PFF in December/January.

We would have been pick 6 if we lost today. But I’m more mad at the Commanders win than launching Belichick into the sun 

3 hours ago, extmenace said:

I don’t see how the pats pass on a QB. They have nothing at the position. 

Absolutely. They will take one of the three - Caleb, Maye or Daniels.  Or one of the latter three of Mccarthy, Nix or Penix.  

5 minutes ago, David Harris said:

PFN’s top 15 ranked. 

full 300 here:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2024-nfl-draft-big-board-top-300-cfb-week-12/

1) Marvin Harrison Jr., WR | Ohio State
2) Drake Maye, QB | North Carolina
3) Brock Bowers, TE | Georgia
4) Caleb Williams, QB | USC
5) Joe Alt, OT | Notre Dame
6) Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OT | Penn State
7) Malik Nabers, WR | LSU
😎 Jer’Zhan Newton, DT | Illinois
9) JC Latham, OT | Alabama
10) Rome Odunze, WR | Washington
11) Dallas Turner, EDGE | Alabama
12) Keon Coleman, WR | Florida State
13) Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB | Alabama
14) Taliese Fuaga, OT | Oregon State
15) Chop Robinson, EDGE | Penn State

Give me any offensive player on this list.

4 WRs, 4 OTs, 2 QBs, 1 TE.  There will be somebody there at #10 who can help the Jets without the need to trade up.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, maury77 said:

This is an early stab at how I think the first 10 picks might go. 

Screenshot2024-01-07at10_53_20PM.thumb.png.3b80eba9ead76aa036fed9be8a53d2de.png

I’d sign up for this now. Would be very happy. One thing working in our favor is the top of this draft is very offense heavy. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

10th pick = Stinkhole

Three QBs:  Williams, Maye, Daniels

Three WRs: Harrison, Nabers, Odunze

Two OTs: Fashanu, Alt

One Edge: Dallas Turner

Bowers will be the highest rated guy on the board but we won't take him.  That leaves Keion Coleman or a 2nd tier over drafted OT like Mims, or Fuaga or god forbid Latham

We might get lucky if someone falls in love with Penix we might be able to trade down.

JD is taking a Tackle. there are no if's buts or doubts about it.  We don't have a legit tackle on either side. Even if Becton comes back, he is a huge liability and injury concern.  Draft a tackle, sign a tackle, and have McGovern, Mitchell and Warren as depth.   

• Upvote 1

OT, TE, WR, QB...

Pick higher, pick lower...

It's all irrelevant...

We need someone who knows what they are doing to pick the best player available at #10...

We needed that last year at #15...

And who does JD pick?...

Will McDonald, a total non-contributor...

The Jets need a competent GM before anything else...

16 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

JD is taking a Tackle. there are no if's buts or doubts about it.  We don't have a legit tackle on either side. Even if Becton comes back, he is a huge liability and injury concern.  Draft a tackle, sign a tackle, and have McGovern, Mitchell and Warren as depth.   

The problem is the 2 first round left tackles are highly likely gone at 10. Personally I think 10 is too high for a RT but not everyone will agree.

All you ever hear about TEs is they aren't a big impact year 1 so I hate the idea in a small arod window. Might as well take a QB if we're going with a low impact year 1 guy.

We might be underestimating the chance of a QB in the first.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

We were going to miss out on both OT’s at #8

The Jets are still going to be able to land one of Bowers, Nabers, Odunze, Fuaga, etc.

People acting like the sky is falling is hilarious. Especially when the majority haven’t watched a single snap of these f*cking guys and are just going by what some basic bitch scouting report is telling them on CBS Sports or PFF in December/January.

With a loss we would have been pick 6

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

OT, TE, WR, QB...

Pick higher, pick lower...

It's all irrelevant...

We need someone who knows what they are doing to pick the best player available at #10...

We needed that last year at #15...

And who does JD pick?...

Will McDonald, a total non-contributor...

The Jets need a competent GM before anything else...

Huff just got his 10th sack today. This will improve his trade compensation after being tagged. I’ll take a 2nd round pick + saving 18 mil by trading him and starting McDonald next year on a rookie deal 

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I actually think Rodgers committing to 2+ years is bad for us landing a top tier backup like Minshew and Brissett.

It could work out in their favor if Rodgers goes down or implodes but idk if that's a big enough risk to pass on other teams

Neither of those guys are starting anywhere so coming to back up Rodgers would be a smart thing to do.  And they would get paid.JD cannopt go into next year with Semien as the back up.

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Ok picking 10th completely changes my strategy 

Taliese Fuaga

OT Oregon State

Tyler Guyton

OT Oklahoma

Brandon Coleman

OG TCU

Drake Nugent

OC Michigan

Tahj Washington

WR USC

Not terrible. There's the kid from Yale who plays T and is is soaring up the boards as well.  Coleman is a beast. 

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Michael Mayer is a complete Te ( he wasn’t for much of the year as his blocking needed a lot work.  His blocking improved so much throughout the season , and with a whole offseason he going to be a monster.     His receiving skills were always there , they just didn’t use those skills enough.   Without a doubt he’s going to be  a top five Te  in the NFL.  

Yes when you resurrect Daryl Lamonica.

Dont worry who Pats draft worry about the Jets 
This. And this again.

And one more time.

So much angst about the Patsies. People need to move on.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk