4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

And then I’d listen to the Rangers Sunday night home game from the Garden at 7pm with my trusty little transistor radio. (Giacomin, the GAG line (Ratelle Hadfield Gilbert) Howell and Kurtenbach). Good times!

Nah I had old school msg network with no commercials with big whistle bill (shoot the puck Barry) Chadwick and Jim Gordon.

knick and ranger home games and Bruno sammartino and the wwf once a month

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Lith said:

I get it for cycling.  I watch the Tour de France and some other races on it in the spring/summer.  I will watch the NFL game this weekend.

Gonna be an awesome year ahead for cycling, just discussing a trip with herself to the TdF for a few days in the summer, Evenepoel just announced he’ll be there, Vingegaard, Pogacar, Roglic, Ayuso….it might be the most exciting line up ever, and that’s just the GC! Van Aert, MVDP and Cav going for 35……great year ahead 

Spring classics ought to be fun too 

• Upvote 1

We know the current business model in US companies is make max profit no matter what. We see that in retail not hiring enough workers poor customer service charging the very most you can get away with. But sometimes you hit diminishing returns when customers reach a limit dealing with all the greed. They did this a few weeks ago broadcasting a game only on Peacock. The NFL which is rolling in money now has a new service NFL+ charging customers for services they recently provided as complimentary like online telecasts of local games. I'll watch the Rangers or Knicks that night even though I'd love to see that game. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Don’t get it for the NFL.  Get it for all the 1970s and 80s pro wrestling footage.  Just watch the NFL as a bonus

I got it to watch the New “Monk Movie” Love me some Adrian Monk!!

Stanley Tucci Curse GIF by PeacockTV

Playoffs are the +1

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, David Harris said:

NFL is a whore. I'll be boycotting this. 

Fans Rightfully Crush NFL and NBC for Putting AFC Playoff Game Exclusively on Peacock (msn.com)

The NFL playoffs start this coming weekend and there’s one thing fans of all teams can agree on—it stinks that the NFL and NBC will be airing an AFC playoff game exclusively on Peacock. 

That’s right, if you want to watch the Kansas City Chiefs play either the Pittsburgh Steelers or Miami Dolphins, you’ll have to subscribe to Peacock to see the game. 

The NFL has been getting into the streaming business the past few years, but this is the first time fans will have to pay extra to see a playoff game. And there’s a reason for that—money. 

If I download and subscribe to my 7th streaming service do I get a free set of steak knives?

Seriously, this is just complete crap.  Fans have already had to be nimble, subscribe to new services and now need access to everything from the major networks to ESPN to Amazon (and YouTube TV if you want the Sunday Ticket).  Now they drop one of the most obscure streaming services into our laps as a requirement to see a playoff game?  Horrible.  Every playoff game should be on one of the existing platforms that the NFL used throughout the season, if not on a major network.  Fans would already be upset if a playoff game was on Amazon even though you've needed Amazon Prime for all the TNF games this year, but at least there's some familiarity and continuity there.  Peacock?  C'mon man! 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I have Amazon Prime, but due to various social engagements I was out a lot on thursdays this fall. Other than 1 place, not a single bar or restaurant that I was in all those weeks carried the TNF game this year. I was downright shocked the first few weeks.

With this being a playoff game, that might change for a few places, but I'd be shocked if the majority of those holding out on TNF would flip for a one time playoff game.

Wow that is interesting. Playoff games are different animals but I guess maybe some sports bars still only have Direct TV.  I play pool on Thursdays at 2 different bars one showed the Thursday game but only on a couple TVs, the other had it on basically all. I think it is free streaming on Peacock so all you need is internet.

6 minutes ago, usapaw said:

I haven't watched a pro Basketball, Hockey, or a Baseball game in many years. It was fun while it lasted with the NFL but this just gets worse and worse. It's not that important to me any more. I'm glad I got to see it at it's peak. The current product is watered down garbage. Greed and FA killed it.    

The season Kaepernick was pulling his BLM bullsh*t, I didn't watch. I pivoted to the NHL. When I almost died and came home from the hospital in 2021, I really enjoyed watching the NHL. Devils, Rangers, Islanders it didn't matter. I would just watch, and eat my ice cream and cookies and breathe my oxygen. Once I got my strength back and was confident I was going to live, I've always been partial to the NHL. I really don't have a favorite team, I just enjoy watching it. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

I watched about 6 - 8 games this year , those on National TV, and I went to the Jets club (2X) here that I founded in 2009.

I used to go to 1 game a year pre-covid, but haven't been to a game since Zach's debut here in Charlotte. 

I am down on Woody and how a rich brat can spoil the dreams of millions.

I doubt there are millions of jet fans

16 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

The season Kaepernick was pulling his BLM bullsh*t, I didn't watch. I pivoted to the NHL. When I almost died and came home from the hospital in 2021, I really enjoyed watching the NHL. Devils, Rangers, Islanders it didn't matter. I would just watch, and eat my ice cream and cookies and breathe my oxygen. Once I got my strength back and was confident I was going to live, I've always been partial to the NHL. I really don't have a favorite team, I just enjoy watching it. 

Awesome 

that’s the way to live.  Hopefully your cured of your ailment

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah the NFL shouldn’t be selling playoff games off to the highest bidder to prop up their housewives streaming service. At some point enough should be enough. Does Woody need the money that badly?

Alway woody with you lol

33 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Roddy was my guy.

“Just when you think you know the answer, I change the question.”

I remember watching Tuesday night titans on USA network with McMahon and lord Alfred Hayes during Halloween and piper was handing out rotten apples to the kids :rl: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ron Rico said:

Good. Let the NFL die like the NBA. 

just because you arent watching doesnt mean its dead boomer

Warriors top Forbes' list of most valuable NBA teams for 2023
  • Golden State Warriors. $7.7B.
  • New York Knicks. $6.6B.
  • Los Angeles Lakers. $6.4B.
  • Boston Celtics. $4.7B.
  • Los Angeles Clippers. $4.65B.
  • Chicago Bulls. $4.6B.
  • Dallas Mavericks. $4.5B.
  • Houston Rockets. $4.4B.

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

just because you arent watching doesnt mean its dead boomer

Warriors top Forbes' list of most valuable NBA teams for 2023
  • Golden State Warriors. $7.7B.
  • New York Knicks. $6.6B.
  • Los Angeles Lakers. $6.4B.
  • Boston Celtics. $4.7B.
  • Los Angeles Clippers. $4.65B.
  • Chicago Bulls. $4.6B.
  • Dallas Mavericks. $4.5B.
  • Houston Rockets. $4.4B.

Are you really shilling for pro sports leagues bilking it’s fans?

Just now, Matt39 said:

Are you really shilling for pro sports leagues bilking it’s fans?

no i just don't see the big deal. it doesn't say anywhere that you have to get all the games free. the NFL has been in bed with Amazon for years. I am just not entitled and understand that a business makes business decisions.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

no i just don't see the big deal. it doesn't say anywhere that you have to get all the games free. the NFL has been in bed with Amazon for years. I am just not entitled and understand that a business makes business decisions.

It’s not really a big deal. At some point saying enough is enough is allowed though. It’s a bullsh*t petty move by the league. 

• Upvote 1