Jets OL coach Keith Carter getting universally laughed at

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Lewan’s major complaint about Carter was that he drove his OL so hard in practice that it caused that Tennessee OL to break down every year. I’m not sure that’s what occurred here, but obviously the Jets OL went to hell injury-wise, and Becton looked like a shell of himself at the end of the year. Conservatively, the Jets are going to need to sign two free agent OL this offseason, and they’ll be doing so with an OL coach who’s loathed by veterans and a turf field notorious to snapping tendons. Saleh is going to keep his buddy Carter because Carter got low-end fringe players like Jake Hanson up to speed at the end of the year while ignoring the fact that his big-ticket veterans all seem to hate him. 

Please. Several other teams had injuries throughout their O line and they didn't completely collapse like the Jets O line. And your defense of this guy is that while he didn't get the starters to play better, he certainly did a bang up job with the fringe guys? 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Lewan’s major complaint about Carter was that he drove his OL so hard in practice that it caused that Tennessee OL to break down every year. I’m not sure that’s what occurred here, but obviously the Jets OL went to hell injury-wise, and Becton looked like a shell of himself at the end of the year. Conservatively, the Jets are going to need to sign two free agent OL this offseason, and they’ll be doing so with an OL coach who’s loathed by veterans and a turf field notorious to snapping tendons. Saleh is going to keep his buddy Carter because Carter got low-end fringe players like Jake Hanson up to speed at the end of the year while ignoring the fact that his big-ticket veterans all seem to hate him. 

The Jets don’t practice in pads during the season. Becton as we already know is a clown, continues to be a clown. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Please. Several other teams had injuries throughout their O line and they didn't completely collapse like the Jets O line. And your defense of this guy is that while he didn't get the starters to play better, he certainly did a bang up job with the fringe guys? 

I don’t know really anything about Carter. I do know the offensive line magically got better once Richie Rich was out for good. I’d bet decent money they disliked him more than they disliked KC.

• Thumb Down 2

Lewan was also suspended for drugs and is currently out of football at age 32. I believe he now is an understudy for Barstools wack pack. He was a chronic complainer when he was in the league as well. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Saleh is really clinging to the oline injury excuse for their failure.  Okay, injuries do have a place but these guys are all professional football players and should know how to pass and run block.  And while it’s better if these guys play as a unit, I just can’t see them all being so bad at the same time.  The injuries should be a reason to not do an objective evaluation of the coaches and players.  Maybe carter was released because he piped up against the oline coach.