Belichick told Kraft Brady was washed before he went to Tampa Bay

1 minute ago, GangGreened said:

IMG_3026.jpeg

LMAO!  I take back the positive words I said about him.  Heck, even I knew Mac svcked as early as his first year in the league (when he actually played well).  I remember saying he wouldn't be the Pats' QB after his 2nd year.  I was wrong about that but I was 1 season off.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

It's possible Belicheat underestimated just how much HGH Tom Brady could consume to keep him going for a few more years. 

The NFL is so powerful they were able to keep every important name that was involved (Brady was the #1 client from day 1 with Barry) with the Balco stuff.

Did anybody else read that ESPN+ article on the end of the Patriots dynasty?  They talk a lot about how things unfolded this past year.  Absolutely riveting.  It was a total mess up there in the New England the past 5 years and most of us didn't know how bad it was.

If there isn't a thread on it we need to start one.

Huge article, but here's a snippet...

The afternoon after dinner with Kraft, the Bradys watched the Patriots play the Eagles from the owner's suite. The family never spoke to Belichick during the trip. The crowd seemed most engaged when Brady sprinted down the field at halftime, capped with his signature fist pump. Brady sat next to Kraft as they watched early editions of the hallmarks of the 2023 Patriots: good defense, turnovers on offense, inability to jump to an early lead, which exposed even worse deficiencies. Everyone in the suite knew that Brady could have stepped in at halftime and been the best quarterback on the field. Over the years, those in Kraft's orbit have heard the owner "put down Belichick at every opportunity," a source close to Kraft said. This game was no different. Kraft's open mocking of Belichick -- a common line was "the great, intelligent man" -- was the worst-kept secret in New England. Although he denied saying it through a team spokesperson, Kraft used that line too many times to too many people for it to remain a secret.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

This is so great. Belichick's legacy is now all about Brady. Losing coach before him and after him. Go somewhere else and lose some more.

Get that record though Bill, good for you. Scumbucket.

More than 6 seasons worth of Belichick and Kraft games WITHOUT Brady.  104 games!

Record:  47-57

18 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Did anybody else read that ESPN+ article on the end of the Patriots dynasty?  They talk a lot about how things unfolded this past year.  Absolutely riveting.  It was a total mess up there in the New England the past 5 years and most of us didn't know how bad it was.

Most dynasties end badly and that’s not just sports 

• Post of the Week 2

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

This is so great. Belichick's legacy is now all about Brady. Losing coach before him and after him. Go somewhere else and lose some more.

On the face of it this is very true but with or w/o Brady he's kicked our a$$e$ up one side of the street and down the other.  Thank the gods for the Rex years in this regard.  

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

i actually would have been fine with him staying in new england to keep losing, but whatever. at least the pats aren't a team to go to or stay with because you want to win anymore. hopefully we can sign one of their free agent tackles

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Agreed. That article was like crack. Didn’t realize how bad things got between BB and Kraft.

• Upvote 1