Douglas and Saleh sit down with Eric Allen to explain why next year will be different

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Let me guess. "It will be different next year cause Aaron Rodgers will not get hurt and he will make all the total jags on this team into pro bowlers by his mere presence."

Yes

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Talkers gonna talk

I had hoped for better, but especially once I saw Hard Knocks, it was obvious Bobby Salad is just a talker.   A motivational speaker at best, a con man at worst.

Two guys who know the clock is ticking already.  But really, if they are betting their jobs on rodgers staying healthy, they should update their resumes now.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I despise these two more than I did Rex at the end his tenure here. Maccagnan as well. Fire them today, start the turn around process now. 

These pompous pricks should have their heads bowed in shame.

Instead they look like they are still giddy laughing all the way to the bank with Woodrow's money.

JD talks a good game, but has been exposed as a fraud.

Anybody who actually had professional pride and gave a sh-t about winning would be Michael Jordan-level outraged at how disgustingly bad and downright embarrassing the last 4 years have been.

I knew Saleh was a fraud as soon as 1JD leaked the initial Zoom interview:

JD:  "So what would your plan be on how to turn the franchise around"

BS:  "I promise you we'll be all gas, brother."

• Post of the Week 2

16 minutes ago, Claymation said:

No mention of Zach or Mekhi.

Spoke about AVT and Tippman being cornerstone type of players.

Sounds like they're moving AVT to Tackle then. Guards are not typically cornerstone pieces. OT + C like Mangold + Brick are though.

22 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Sounds like they're moving AVT to Tackle then. Guards are not typically cornerstone pieces. OT + C like Mangold + Brick are though.

We’ve been speculating about this and it’s understandable.  They’re probably not expecting to land a LT in FA and at this point, maybe the chance one of the top 2 LTs falls to them is 50/50 but if they trade back then they go RT and AVT is the LT.  And that would give them the most flexibility if they obtain another day 2 pick, and then use the first rounder on a RT

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

No mention of Zach or Mekhi.

Spoke about AVT and Tippman being cornerstone type of players.

It‘s been well over a month since the Miami game and nobody has seen nor heard from Zach Wilson, the former #2 overall pick who started for this franchise for the past three seasons and was allegedly mortally concussed in that game. The beat writers are currently publishing “Five Free Agents The Jets Should Sign” pieces and waiting for Rapoport to tweet about a potential running backs coach hiring. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

These pompous pricks should have their heads bowed in shame.

Instead they look like they are still giddy laughing all the way to the bank with Woodrow's money.

JD talks a good game, but has been exposed as a fraud.

Anybody who actually had professional pride and gave a sh-t about winning would be Michael Jordan-level outraged at how disgustingly bad and downright embarrassing the last 4 years have been.

I knew Saleh was a fraud as soon as 1JD leaked the initial Zoom interview:

JD:  "So what would your plan be on how to turn the franchise around"

BS:  "I promise you we'll be all gas, brother."

Holy ****, did Saleh really say that?  “I promise you we’ll be all gas, brother.”  That might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard said.  Wow.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

both JD and saleh actually mentioned Carter Warren and Max Mitchell

Carter Warren - Laken - Tippy - AVT - Max Mitchell 

yikes 

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

We’ve been speculating about this and it’s understandable.  They’re probably not expecting to land a LT in FA and at this point, maybe the chance one of the top 2 LTs falls to them is 50/50 but if they trade back then they go RT and AVT is the LT.  And that would give them the most flexibility if they obtain another day 2 pick, and then use the first rounder on a RT

I think they'll land SOMEONE in free agency, but the question is who....and ultimately will draft someone in the 1st to play LT even if it's a position switch from RT to LT while sitting behind said free agent.

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Talkers gonna talk

I had hoped for better, but especially once I saw Hard Knocks, it was obvious Bobby Salad is just a talker.   A motivational speaker at best, a con man at worst.

He’s diet Herm Edwards

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, bitonti said:

both JD and saleh actually mentioned Carter Warren and Max Mitchell

Carter Warren - Laken - Tippy - AVT - Max Mitchell 

yikes 

Haha the Swiss Cheese Turnstile Ballerina line.

• I think JD/the team look at Carter Warren as a good backup + spot starter and know that he isn't a full time starter.
  • Max Mitchell I actually think they'll move to RG. Unless he has a complete turnaround from last season, I don't see enough power and lateral ability to even be a backup RT....which is a damn shame because I thought he looked pretty damn good at RT in 2022. Were his health issues a part of it and he wasn't able to get back to full strength in 2023? Who knows...but maybe guard is better suited.
  • Laken --- please just cut this dude and use the money elsewhere.
  • TIPPY !!! 
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

It‘s been well over a month since the Miami game and nobody has seen nor heard from Zach Wilson, the former #2 overall pick who started for this franchise for the past three seasons and was allegedly mortally concussed in that game. The beat writers are currently publishing “Five Free Agents The Jets Should Sign” pieces and waiting for Rapoport to tweet about a potential running backs coach hiring. 

The Zach Wilson era is being bleached and scrubbed away Ala Howard Stern on E or Mike and Dog on 9-11.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rochester Jets said:

Holy ****, did Saleh really say that?  “I promise you we’ll be all gas, brother.”  That might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard said.  Wow.  

"Enjoy this win all offseason!" >> “I promise you we’ll be all gas, brother.”

• More Ugh 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Why would it even matter.  Didn't we leave off with "he'll be traded this offseason"?   I'm pretty sure we can't make any trades at this point so we're basically in limbo, waiting for the season to end.

56 minutes ago, bitonti said:

So ya know that inspirational Crow vs Eagle story he told on Hard Knocks? It's not even true. Crows can fly as high as eagles. Many songbirds can. 

for all of Saleh's complete BS i still think Joe is worse at his job. Saleh at least built a defense. Douglas doesn't have any feel for the OL or QB positions that's pretty bad for an NFL GM 

The defense Saleh built was the worst in the league until Douglas got him Sauce and Reed. They're equally useless because they're both hopeless when it comes to offense.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, freestater said:

They gonna start trying to win next year?

How ridiculous was JD saying "it's all going to be about winning next year" (or whatever his comment was after the season ended).

“We need to win,” Douglas said Monday. “My record (20-47 in four full seasons as general manager) is not good enough and I know that and everything we do moving forward is to win and that is it, that is all that matters.”

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Let me guess. "It will be different next year cause Aaron Rodgers will not get hurt and he will make all the total jags on this team into pro bowlers by his mere presence."

This is exactly what they're trying to sell us.

I was as big of a JD fan as anyone on this forum.  I still think he's added a lot of talent to this team and that we can absolutely do a lot worse than him.  But having said that, I can't stand the sight of either of those guys at this point.  And I'm way beyond tired of hearing the "next year is going to be special" type promises.  They're counting 100% on AR8 to perform magic next year.  We have no idea if he'll even be healthy yet JD is promising "special".  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

I despise these two more than I did Rex at the end his tenure here. Maccagnan as well. Fire them today, start the turn around process now. 

I despise Saleh.  As far as JD, I'm still holding out some hope but I currently can't stand the sight of him either.  And JD hired Saleh.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

So ya know that inspirational Crow vs Eagle story he told on Hard Knocks? It's not even true. Crows can fly as high as eagles. Many songbirds can. 

for all of Saleh's complete BS i still think Joe is worse at his job. Saleh at least built a defense. Douglas doesn't have any feel for the OL or QB positions that's pretty bad for an NFL GM 

That's hilarious that it's not even true.  Salesman gonna Salesman!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why would it even matter.  Didn't we leave off with "he'll be traded this offseason"?   I'm pretty sure we can't make any trades at this point so we're basically in limbo, waiting for the season to end.

Your starting quarterback disappearing after he said he no longer wanted to play for the team is a big story!