Douglas and Saleh sit down with Eric Allen to explain why next year will be different

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is the present and future of sports journalism—in-house “reporters” lobbing softballs to decision makers who never have to answer a real question because the Zach Rosenblatt’s and Connor Hughes’s of the world are happy to sit back and cash checks while publishing exactly what Jets PR tells them is appropriate. 

It's all about "access".  If the Zach Rosenblatt’s and Connor Hughes’s of the world asked tough questions, they'd lose access.

This is true of stuff other than sports as well, of course.  And don't forget, "brought to you by Pfizer!"

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Your starting quarterback disappearing after he said he no longer wanted to play for the team is a big story! 

Whether or not that story was true (and even I think it probably had a minimum of "some truth" to it), he ended up playing that week .  

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

So ya know that inspirational Crow vs Eagle story he told on Hard Knocks? It's not even true. Crows can fly as high as eagles. Many songbirds can. 

for all of Saleh's complete BS i still think Joe is worse at his job. Saleh at least built a defense. Douglas doesn't have any feel for the OL or QB positions that's pretty bad for an NFL GM 

Also this!

A Roadrunners top speed is 26 mph while a coyotes top speed is 43 mph!

• Upvote 1

"We wanted to start 2024 with a win.   2024 is going to be special.  We're expecting to get a lot of wins in 2024.    We're not expecting to be in the same position a year from now that we're in now.  We're expecting something better.  So the message is that we're 1-0 in the year 2024 and the expectation is that we work our tails off and we work with the same deliberate mindset that we attacked last offseason with.  And when the time comes to put ourselves in position to go 2-0 we're prepared to do it."

-Robert Salesman

Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum
What might be right for you, may not be right for some
A man is born, he's a man of means
Then along come two, they got nothing but their jeans

But they got, Diff'rent Strokes
It takes, Diff'rent Strokes
It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world
It takes, Diff'rent Strokes

Everybody's got a special kind of story
Everybody finds a way to shine
It don't matter that you got not alot
So what
They'll have theirs, and you'll have yours, and I'll have mine
And together we'll be fine....

Because it takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world
Yes it does
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It‘s been well over a month since the Miami game and nobody has seen nor heard from Zach Wilson, the former #2 overall pick who started for this franchise for the past three seasons and was allegedly mortally concussed in that game. The beat writers are currently publishing “Five Free Agents The Jets Should Sign” pieces and waiting for Rapoport to tweet about a potential running backs coach hiring. 

Looks like the Jets are moving on from Zach, I think it is time for you as well. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Curious that these two never do sit down together anymore. 

I’m sure this is a waste of words and time, but could be some interesting info. Im guessing they mention Zach Wilson zero times. 

Here it is:

"No changes will be made, so surely things will be different."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I am going to take the other side here.  Neither JD nor Saleh inspire much confidence from me, but this team did win 7 games last year with a pretty motley group of QBs.  If AR8 can play at least half the games and we can get decent back up play, I think we can sniff the playoffs.  

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

2824d723-2915-4f2b-bf38-c7e4f935d96c_tex

I'm gonna rise up

I'm gonna kick a little ass

Gonna kick some ass in the USA

Gonna climb a mountain, Gonna sew a flag, Gonna fly on an Eagle, I'm gonna kick some butt, I'm gonna drive a big truck, I'm gonna rule this world, Gonna kick some ass, Gonna rise up, Kick a little ass

ROCK, FLAG AND EAGLE!

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Excuse me, sir, but that young man stole 33 Sundays from me and I deserve to have one reporter ask him if he feels bad about that. 

The first step in your road to recovery is to admit you have a problem. You should think about joining Zachahol Anonymous. I can sponsor you if you would like.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

"We wanted to start 2024 with a win.   2024 is going to be special.  We're expecting to get a lot of wins in 2024.    We're not expecting to be in the same position a year from now that we're in now.  We're expecting something better.  So the message is that we're 1-0 in the year 2024 and the expectation is that we work our tails off and we work with the same deliberate mindset that we attacked last offseason with.  And when the time comes to put ourselves in position to go 2-0 we're prepared to do it."

-Robert Salesman

That's some Grade A BS right there. The players must be about ready to tune this type of stuff out completely, if they aren't there already.

I work in corporate communications, so I am very well used to flowery gibberish disguising a lack of substance, and this is right up there with the best/worst of it.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

That's some Grade A BS right there. The players must be about ready to tune this type of stuff out completely, if they aren't there already.
I work in corporate communications, so I am very well used to flowery gibberish disguising a lack of substance, and this is right up there with the best/worst of it.
Yeah I expect a meltdown of epic proportions when the team is 3-7. ... Salad is handing out crayons for the story wall, Hackett is exposed little more than a sycophant, again the D is given all the attention by the DC masquerading as a HC, ARod goes out multiple times due to injury because of lack of continuity behind the 'revamped' line and team is yet again staring at 7-10.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Excuse me, sir, but that young man stole 33 Sundays from me and I deserve to have one reporter ask him if he feels bad about that. 

In the alternative, the team can just hand out Zach Wilson dartboards for next year's first home game. 

14 hours ago, bitonti said:

both JD and saleh actually mentioned Carter Warren and Max Mitchell

Carter Warren - Laken - Tippy - AVT - Max Mitchell 

yikes 

I think Carter Warren would be fine at RT next season so long as the Jets get a great LT in the the draft. I also think Laken will be cut and Jon Runyan will be at G for the Jets next season. So, Fashnau/Alt/Fuaga; Runyan; Tippmann, AVT, Warren.  I am out on Latham unless I see something at the combine to convince me he can move like you need a LT to be able to move.  

16 hours ago, freestater said:

They gonna start trying to win next year?

Yeah, it seems so, just like last year until ARod went down after 4 plays. Until our brain trust decided making the guy we just replaced with a $100,000,000 used QB purchase would be the perfect back up in case that jalopy broke down. So, I’m sure next year will be  much much different with same guys in charge. Hope your New Year has started out exactly the way you like my friend, because once football season gets here…. Uh, yeah, it’s likely more of the same, 

When JD and Saleh say "we're scrapping our quest to search for unicorn lineman that fit our super awesome zone scheme and will focus on finding strong, tough, durable guys while switching to a gap scheme. Also, we're firing Keith Carter and bringing in someone that can actually coach" then I'll believe they're sincere about winning next year.

Ironically Aaron Rodgers Achilles issue saved their  jobs, giving them a stay of execution. They have an additional year dangling on the end of their ropes making Jets fans miserable. Leon Hess used to fire coaches too quickly now Woody takes too long.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Ironically Aaron Rodgers Achilles issue saved their  jobs, giving them a stay of execution. They have an additional year dangling on the end of their ropes making Jets fans miserable. Leon Hess used to fire coaches too quickly now Woody takes too long.

If only b/c it gives them another year to help the OL with a first round tackle

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Just not sure how none of these guys is even going to attempt to write that story

I think it will drop once he's traded, much like the Rodgers trade was laid out in great detail once the trade happened

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah, it seems so, just like last year until ARod went down after 4 plays. Until our brain trust decided making the guy we just replaced with a $100,000,000 used QB purchase would be the perfect back up in case that jalopy broke down. So, I’m sure next year will be  much much different with same guys in charge. Hope your New Year has started out exactly the way you like my friend, because once football season gets here…. Uh, yeah, it’s likely more of the same, 

Joe and Bobby tell me different Pee Wee Herman Shh Im Listening To Reason GIF

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is the present and future of sports journalism—in-house “reporters” lobbing softballs to decision makers who never have to answer a real question because the Zach Rosenblatt’s and Connor Hughes’s of the world are happy to sit back and cash checks while publishing exactly what Jets PR tells them is appropriate. 

That is a good point Tom. Quick follow up do you think the temp in Detroit got to the boys from Tampa last weekend? Bowles was dismissive when asked about how he planned to prepare for the cold weather. Said 20 seconds from the bus to the locker room was a non-issue.

Is this why they lost?