~~~Sunday NFL Playoff Football Games - Path to the Superbowl~~~ 01/28

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Not entirely sure why I feel this way but fk the Lions. 

Glad they collapsed. 

Probably because maybe you're a bit of an ass?

**** the 49ers. **** the Chiefs. **** the Giants, Steelers, and **** the Pats. 

Tired of the same teams and their entitled fanbases getting decades of competitive FB. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ausman said:

All those dumping on Campbell… it wasn’t a chip shot FG.  Going for it on 4th helped get the Lions here.  If all it took was an unsuccessful try on 4th down to blow a 2 score lead then the Lions don’t belong in the SB.

He should have kicked the FG and go up by three scores. I’m all for being aggressive, but you have to have a feel for the game situation.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is just pure nonsense.  That's like the argument that the Falcons got to the SB with a hurry up offense so they didn't need to at least run the clock down before snapping the ball when up 28-3.

Ridiculous.  Apples and oranges.  It was a lower percentage FG try.  If they missed and SF got the ball 7 yards further, how would it be any different.  Had it been a 40 yard try instead of a 50, I’d agree with you.  But the try on 4th was the higher % move.  As it was the ball hit the receiver in the hands.

So, if you are a Lion fan, are you thinking:
a) We were dominating the game until a string of mistakes, just get back to doing what we did in the first half and we will be fine, or
B) Are you out on the ledge ready to jump because you had your chance, effed it up and you just know your team is cursed
As a Jet fan i would be right out on that ledge right about now.
Ledge

I said during and after the Cowboys game that this aggression by Dan Campbell needs to be reigned in before it costs them more than a regular season game.

For the sake of Lions fans, I’m praying that those chickens don’t come home to roost tonight.  The head coach has completely decimated the mental fortitude of his team by not kicking that field goal.  This is eerily similar to Dan Quinn and Kyle Shanahan not running the ball in the Super Bowl.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I said during and after the Cowboys game that this aggression by Dan Campbell needs to be reigned in before it costs them more than a regular season game.
For the sake of Lions fans, I’m praying that those chickens don’t come home to roost tonight.  Dan Campbell completely decimated the mental fortitude of his team by not kicking that field goal.

It wasn’t smart, but it’s what got him there (he thinks)
  • Upvote 1

If a cursed franchise like the Lions are going to break this drought they are going to have to overcome major adversity. 

Like the Rangers did in 94

Like the Sox did in 04

Like the Cubs did in 16

Game isn’t over by a long shot but they have to show some testicular fortitude 

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

He should have kicked the FG and go up by three scores. I’m all for being aggressive, but you have to have a feel for the game situation.

You’re assuming the long FG was automatic.  It wasn’t.

403 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation

@Maxman

2 minutes ago, Wit said:

It wasn’t smart, but it’s what got him there (he thinks)

It will be really interesting to see what happens after Ben Johnson leaves.  Campbell better have a damn good successor lined up.

1 minute ago, shawn306 said:

If a cursed franchise like the Lions are going to break this drought they are going to have to overcome major adversity. 

Like the Rangers did in 94

Like the Sox did in 04

Like the Cubs did in 16

Game isn’t over by a long shot but they have to show some testicular fortitude 

Reminds me of the Cubs losing to the Marlins after the fan reached out to catch the foul ball.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, HessStation said:

It’s weird how some franchises just stink and some don’t. It’s genuinely weird. 

like Karmic Stank is a real thing 

Ownership.

Good owners create stable franchises, and usually make good hires.

6 minutes ago, ausman said:

Ridiculous.  Apples and oranges.  It was a lower percentage FG try.  If they missed and SF got the ball 7 yards further, how would it be any different.  Had it been a 40 yard try instead of a 50, I’d agree with you.  But the try on 4th was the higher % move.  As it was the ball hit the receiver in the hands.

It was a catastrophic mistake by Dan Campbell.

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Probably because maybe you're a bit of an ass?

**** the 49ers. **** the Chiefs. **** the Giants, Steelers, and **** the Pats. 

Tired of the same teams and their entitled fanbases getting decades of competitive FB. 

Who gives a sht.  Once Jets are out all I really root for is a bills, dolphins, pats loss. 

Only reason I remotely care about this game is the meathead head coach factor.  I prefer our meathead make the SB. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It was a catastrophic mistake by Dan Campbell.

And the fluke pass catch off the defender’s helmet and the fumble are all because Campbell didn’t try the FG.  Got it.  Weird logic, but I got it.  /s